*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

357,776 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It reminds me of the kid shooting the star on the tootsie roll wrapper from back in the day, for some reason
AgPediRPh
AG
zgood10 said:

The scene with Hopkins and the dad was chilling
MrPlow2010
AG
Thanks. I watched it online and missed that.
LihaiAg06
AG
In! Pilot was amazing
InternetFan02
AG
The Milkman
AG
I loved how they re-used the same lines between Dolores and Teddy in both the scenes of them happily together and when he was dying in the street. Just a cool touch of how they are somewhat limited.
cr06gis
AG
Ep 2 definitely laying groundwork. Great show so far
tk for tu juan
Episode 2 spoiler question
So now the "These violent delights have violent ends" phrase is a halt and catch fire type command?

EDIT to add episode reference
Counterpoint
AG
^
|
|
Is this an episode 2 spoiler or episode 1? I want to read it if it's episode 1!

tk for tu juan
Episode 2
Raptor
AG
This will help pass the time until GOT!!!
LHIOB
AG
Wait...E2 is already up?
3rdGen2015
AG
I wish I would've checked this thread last night, I would've watched it before bed!
PooDoo
AG
So Ed Harris has to be a robot off the rails or a billionaire to have spent as much time as he has there.
Mathguy64
AG
Or an off the rails billionaire.
3rdGen2015
AG
I got home early from work, so I got a chance to watch it already. This episode was better than the first, IMO. Lots of world building questions were answered and I think the overall plot is way deeper than I thought after the pilot. All in all, it looks like they've put a lot of thought into the inner workings and background of the show to make the plot really run.
techno-ag
AG
Hope it's not just a boring slave rebellion.
force_upon_you
LHIOB said:

Wait...E2 is already up?
yep. don't want to compete with the prez debate.
TheVarian
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I hope Hopkins is dressed like this then.
Me too. And then he presents a bucket of hand picked fried chicken legs and surprises everyone as hipster colonel sanders with hand picked flour and free range chicken eggs
amercer
AG
Brilliantly entertaining episode 2. Not as shockingly awesome as the first, but I guess that's inevitable.

I feel like I'd need to watch it 5 times to catch everything. Hopefully that not a sign of future muddle.

Maybe I'm more a sci-fi guy than a western guy, but I was much more interested in the scenes behind the park--except for the Ed Harris part of course (although even there we got an interesting clue from the control room)
amercer
AG
so is the "he gets anything he wants" line a confirmation of the theory he was the survivor from the movie, given a lifetime pass to compensate?
PooDoo
AG
the movie characters were the two new guys on the train
Am I the only one bothered by the hostess in the dressing room having pierced ears but no earrings?
JAggie2007
AG
PooDoo said:

the movie characters were the two new guys on the train
Am I the only one bothered by the hostess in the dressing room having pierced ears but no earrings?
Probably.
amercer
AG
Is that a guess? I haven't seen the movie.
Post removed:
by user
MrPlow2010
AG
I love Ed Harris's revolver. A nine shooter with one shotgun shell. Badass gun.
amercer
AG
I think unless we are told otherwise, we'll have to assume they are smart bullets that know not to hit real people. The technology is pretty advanced whatever year this is.

Other more simple explanations don't really fit with what we've seen so far.
PooDoo
AG
amercer said:

Is that a guess? I haven't seen the movie.

Yes but it's pretty obvious since one is a returning customer that brings his nerdy friend that won't sleep with the robots.
Stive
AG
Pretty good episode.

Confirmed that the people running it know exactly who the Ed Harris character is (something along the lines of "he can do whatever he wants").

Agnzona
Is there any word if this is a preplaned limited series or an open ended one? Because if they are only doing x episodes it will almost surely just go from theme park to run away train and end in a disaster like the movie. But if they think this may go 5-10 years you could develops story lines and characters, have disasters and recover and then have more disasters. Thinking of something like a typical Hospital ER show.
JAggie2007
AG
Agnzona said:

Is there any word if this is a preplaned limited series or an open ended one? Because if they are only doing x episodes it will almost surely just go from theme park to run away train and end in a disaster like the movie. But if they think this may go 5-10 years you could develops story lines and characters, have disasters and recover and then have more disasters. Thinking of something like a typical Hospital ER show.
It's HBO so I imagine they won't keep it forever. I'd imagine 4-7 seasons based on a lot of their other shows and the fact that they have a lot of major actors in this show. sidenote: i know absolutley nothing
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
SheriffBarclay said:

On the subject of guns:

-We know that the Host guns can't hurt humans, based on Teddy trying to shoot TMIB
-Can we assume that the guns humans are given can't harm other humans? I don't think we saw conclusive evidence of this, only the conversation between Host/new guy in Episode 2
The subject of guns is a bit confusing in this show, and I'm sure will be explained in greater detail later on. Host guns can harm other hosts, but can't harm humans. Human guns can harm Hosts, but has not been made clear whether they can harm humans. Dolores digs up a gun at the end of episode 2 that we are made to conclude she can harm humans with.

So either the guns given to both host and humans are only able to harm hosts, and the gun given to Dolores is a real life gun. Or humans are given guns that can harm both host and human. My guess is the former, as it would be too dangerous to give humans deadly weapons with other humans around, and it requires the least amount of explanation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Didn't the host say something to Jimmi Simpson's character about the guns "not being able to hurt anyone your not supposed to"?
G Martin 87
AG
I think I know where they're going with Ed Harris' TMIB character (ep 2 spoilers)

Lawrence's daughter gave TMIB a clue to the location of the maze after he "passed the level," which strongly suggests that clues are planted elsewhere in the narrative that TMIB is following. He's not really trying to infiltrate Delos. TMIB just thinks he's playing a more advanced narrative in the game than he ever has before. He could be unwittingly playing a key role in someone else's plot against Delos. Or perhaps his true role (again, unknown to him) is to be a "catalyst" threat to push the hosts into full AI.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.