*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,640 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Rocagnante
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Fogburn95 said:

G Martin 87 said:

Cynical_Texan said:

Puts GoT to shame with it's writing imo. Great twists.
Alright, just for that, I'm going to have Hot Pie kill Jon, Dany, and Tyrion at the Red Breakfast. Cersei wins by default.

Hey there George, your boys Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck have put together quite a kick ass sci if series with The Expanse novels. Book 6 drops early Dec...can't wait!
Ha, ha, very funny. I see what you did there. The Winds of Winter will be done when it's done. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to my safe space now.

I was talking about The Expanse book 6, not GOT. It's not always about you big guy!
bobinator
AG
Well this really went off the rails
mazag08
AG
Are we positive that Maeve and her self aware storyline are in the present.. and not the past?
BowSowy
AG
Yeah, haha we get it your name is similar to GRRM's. Keep that in the GoT threads please.
Dro07
AG
mazag08 said:

Are we positive that Maeve and her self aware storyline are in the present.. and not the past?
Present compared to the William storyline yes but outside of that we don't know when and if its happening before or after the MIB storyline.
BigTimeAlum
AG
You can piece together that it is concurrent.

mIB is post Theresa dying and so is Maeve. They used her barmaid in the attempted Bernard firing.
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

mazag08 said:

Present compared to the William storyline yes but outside of that we don't know when and if its happening before or after the MIB storyline.
It really is hard to say. IMO, it depends on this: In episode 1 when we see Teddy and Dolores meet up for the first time, Maeve is working in the saloon. Then, what we are led to believe is the same night, they ride back to her farm and encounter the MiB. If that all is, in fact, the same day, then I have to believe what Maeve is doing is happening at the same time as MiB's maze hunt. He even says when he shoots Teddy in that first encounter "it feels good to be back," which implies there might have been a significant amount of time b/w him killing Maeve at the homestead, and him showing up at Dolores's in the first episode.
redline248
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

You can piece together that it is concurrent.

mIB is post Theresa dying and so is Maeve. They used her barmaid in the attempted Bernard firing.
Clementine greets MiB in the saloon when he goes to get the card dealer. So she hasn't been pulled by Theresea for that sh/t show, yet.
bobinator
AG
We see Maeve walking through the behavior unit while Theresa and Bernard are in the room lobotomizing Clem, so yes, we know that all of that is concurrent and we know it's in the "current" timeline.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MW03 said:

This is funny and all, but in starting to believe you are GRRM and you should know I'm coming for you, Misery style, to make you finish the damned books. Tell Rothfuss to watch his back, too.
GRRM has visited A&M quite a bit in his days, plus he is one of the most "plugged-in" authors when it comes to the internet, message boards, blogs,etc. I would not be surprised if he has a Texags account.
Brian Earl Spilner
Dro07
AG
Oh thats right! I had forgot about that. So 3 timelines then
The White Wolf
got to be the wildest theory on this thread...

But hey, a lot of the other ones on here have turned out true!
The White Wolf
bobinator said:

We see Maeve walking through the behavior unit while Theresa and Bernard are in the room lobotomizing Clem, so yes, we know that all of that is concurrent and we know it's in the "current" timeline.
With Maeve telling Bernard "We've been down this road before, darling" - we might have a similar thing going on with Maeve here as we do with Dolores and Bernard. We might be catching certain glimpses from other loops and instances of the same conversations.

But nonetheless, it's definitely happening in the present timeline.
bobinator
AG
Well, really just two I think. If we consider every flashback or memory a different timeline, then there could be a lot of different timelines.

We've seen a lot of flashbacks and memories of when the park was first created, the massacre in the town. But we've only seen that timeline through the lens of memories of people, we haven't seen it directly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Let's see. Well, I would say I was on the edge of my seat all the way until I got the 10 script I think we all had different ideas, and then when 10 came I think I could speak for most of the cast the general feeling was like, 'Holy fking st.' Because basically, what they've done is they've somehow tied up everything you wanted to know and then pointed this whole world of other st that you hadn't really thought of that now you really, really want to know, too. It's not some bullst cliffhanger where you're like, 'Oh fk, what now?' It's like, 'Oh my God, thank you, and I can't wait for more.'"

- Jimmi Simpson
claym711
AG
As I've pointed out before, and redline highlighted, there is plenty of evidence that people do not have the timeline right, and that William is not MIB. William can't be that far in the past when Maeve is working at the saloon when he visits. MIB is also not in the present. There is a 3rd timeline where we see Delores alone. There may be more we have seen.

This loop has occurred over and over. We already know that MIB has followed this story several times attempting to penetrate the maze. We are being shown the furthest he has gotten.

Everything is still up in the air. Is Ford a host, for example?
redline248
AG
I don't think William and Maeve have ever been in the same scene, not even with one in the background. At least I don't remember it, and I certainly didn't make a case for it.

If I did, I typed William by mistake.
Dro07
AG
Timeline is set it's just not clicking for you
Breggy Popup
AG
redline248 said:

I don't think William and Maeve have ever been in the same scene, not even with one in the background. At least I don't remember it, and I certainly didn't make a case for it.

If I did, I typed William by mistake.

Yep. There was another black prostitute when William and Logan showed up. Maeve was not there.
3rdGen2015
AG
claym711 said:

As I've pointed out before, and redline highlighted, there is plenty of evidence that people do not have the timeline right, and that William is not MIB. William can't be that far in the past when Maeve is working at the saloon when he visits. MIB is also not in the present. There is a 3rd timeline where we see Delores alone. There may be more we have seen.

This loop has occurred over and over. We already know that MIB has followed this story several times attempting to penetrate the maze. We are being shown the furthest he has gotten.

Everything is still up in the air. Is Ford a host, for example?

How are you coming to the conclusion that the MiB isn't in the present? Didn't he come face to face with Hopkins and talk about the Wyatt storyline? Or am I remembering that conversation wrong and Wyatt was never mentioned?

Or are you saying that the beginning of the Wyatt storyline isn't in the present?
Complete Idiot
Is the church buried in sand in the present?
TCTTS
AG
I feel like I have a handle on everything but that. The church was obviously buried in the second episode when older Ford was out in the desert with his younger self and all we saw was the steeple. I figured that was present day / the latest timeline. But then the church was NOT buried when the MIB showed up to find Dolores at the end of the last episode, which I figured was the absolute latest timeline as well. So are those events somehow years apart or did they excavate the church/town in the interim between episode two and nine as part of Fords new story?
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I feel like I have a handle on everything but that. The church was obviously buried in the second episode when older Ford was out in the desert with his younger self and all we saw was the steeple. I figured that was present day / the latest timeline. But then the church was NOT buried when the MIB showed up to find Dolores at the end of the last episode, which I figured was the absolute latest timeline as well. So are those events somehow years apart or did they excavate the church/town in the interim between episode two and nine as part of Fords new story?
Wasn't Hale and some others talking about Ford "digging up some town" in a section of the park in one of the last episodes? Could have sworn that's what they said... it was in a conversation about Ford's new narrative and him being out of control.
ja86
AG
I thought rebuilding the town/church was part of ford's new wyatt narrative.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Belton Ag said:

TCTTS said:

Wasn't Hale and some others talking about Ford "digging up some town" in a section of the park in one of the last episodes? Could have sworn that's what they said... it was in a conversation about Ford's new narrative and him being out of control.

Yep. I believe it was the board lady saying it to the dbag British writer. It's when the host is eatingvthe severed leg and he says he's creating a new character for Fords new narrative
TCTTS
AG
I think you're right. That sounds familiar. So...

- Before the big park incident, the town with the church is where they trained a lot of the hosts.

- 30 years ago: Big incident/massacre in the town (likely via Dolores-as-Wyatt) / Arnold dies = town getting buried.

- Between episode two and nine / present day = town is resurrected as part of Ford's new narrative.

Is that correct?
TCTTS
AG
Also, that town supposed to be the theoretical center of the maze, right? Dolores was being led back "home" / to the original scene of the crime, so to speak, yes?
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

- Before the big park incident, the town with the church is where they trained a lot of the hosts.

- 30 years ago: Big incident/massacre in the town (likely via Dolores-as-Wyatt) / Arnold dies = town getting buried.

- Between episode two and nine / present day = town is resurrected as part of Ford's new narrative.

Is that correct?
Mostly yes, I think, but I'm starting to wonder if the scenes with Hale and Bernard killing Knudsen aren't actually a previous timeline, one that happens prior to the MiB walking through the doors of the church to meet Dolores.

The only thing that makes me not think that is Hale coming out to meet the MiB in the park just prior to that.
Complete Idiot
TCTTS said:

Is that correct?
thats what I was thinking
3rdGen2015
AG
I don't know what the exact quote from Hale is, but it's possible that she was talking about Lawrence's hometown. That's the one that Ford visits with the construction crew.
TCTTS
AG
Just found this. It's a HUGE help and basically confirms what I/we are thinking, re: the church/timelines...

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/westworld-timeline-guide.html

At this point, if you don't believe William = MIB, you're straight up in denial.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

At this point, if you don't believe William = MIB, you're straight up in denial.
Yeah. I don't know if it's been stated in this thread about the hat symbolism but it's pretty clear that William, young and innocent in the white hat at the beginning, has become the old and sinister figure in the black hat at the end.
JJxvi
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Is the church buried in sand in the present?

No. It was buried in the sand at the beggining of the season but has been rebuilt by Ford as the town where his Wyatt massacre backstory is involved in. Dolores in the new clothes that hadnt been cut open is the present and the town is empty. It was buried in Williams time and it was buried at the beginning of the season in a scene with Ford and the robot kid and a scene with him and Bernard.
ja86
AG
That is my interpretation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.