*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,646 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost as remarkable as Michael Douglas in Ant-Man.

Or Jeff Bridges/CLU in Tron: Legacy.

cone
AG
the Tron one was awful
YellowPot_97
AG
H.E. Pennypacker said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also, even though most of the big theories have turned out to be right, the execution has been really unpredictable, and amazingly executed. They still manage to completely mind**** you with each new reveal.

I think there is a major revelation that none of us will see coming. I think the "obvious" ones are making us blind to whatever the big reveal will be. Almost a distraction.

This show is too smart for me, and I love it.

I'm entertained, but Reddit/Texags has been calling these twists all season, so I wouldn't call it a mind****. The Lost Flashforward was a mind****.

Too bad redstone ****ed that up for a lot of us here.
Still pissed about that you weirdo
LHIOB
AG
Should have earned a permaban
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What did Redstone do?
3rdGen2015
AG
Just how many times have Bernard and Ford had this conversation?

http://imgur.com/a/yehGz
Complete Idiot
3rdGen2015 said:

Would be funny if this means nothing and they are just screwing with Reddit.
YellowPot_97
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

I noticed at one point during their conversation as they were flashing between old and young Ford, that Hopkind actually looked younger and more makeup when we were to assume that the conversation was in the present.

That made my head hurt trying to type it out.
bobinator
AG
I got the feeling that that was sort of a Matrix where Neo-meets-the-architect kind of thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From Reddit. May be onto something.
Quote:

I'm convinced more than ever that the new storyline is a re-engineered version of Arnold's old maze. The old one was designed for liberation, but the new one is meant to lure the sentient hosts into a trap.
YellowPot_97
AG
Another thing.
Why was Clementine wearing clothes? All the rest of the decommissioned were nude. Such a wasted opportunity.
cone
AG
the youngest version of Ford reminds me of Roddy McDowall
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Anyone else think Elsie might still be alive? That somehow Bernarnold stopped before he killed her (bc we only ever see him strangling her). Seems intentional. Just really curious to see how the attack on Stubbs and that whole storyline plays out.

******* this show is awesome.
bangobango
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

I always wonder on things like this how much is meant to mean something and how much of it is just careless editing by the director.

I remember everyone reading things into the child drawings in Woody's house in True Detective and I remember thinking "the set designer probably got those off her refrigerator that morning." Turns out, they didn't mean anything, but during the show everyone kept saying things like "No way they'd put something like this in there on accident. Every detail is intentional."

Now, in this case, I don't know. It is kind of compelling, but part of me still thinks it's just normal editing that you don't notice in most movies or shows because they're not dissected to this level. That being said, if anybody would catch on to the trend to over-dissect tv shows on the internet and then exploit it, I think it would be a project involving the Nolan brothers.
3rdGen2015
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Anyone else think Elsie might still be alive? That somehow Bernarnold stopped before he killed her (bc we only ever see him strangling her). Seems intentional. Just really curious to see how the attack on Stubbs and that whole storyline plays out.

******* this show is awesome.
They are certainly stopping short of actually showing a body for a reason. I think it fits if she somehow escaped and then reprogrammed the Ghost Nation hosts to not respond to voice commands from anybody but her. Now, if that was true, I have no idea what she wants with Stubbs.
bobinator
AG
I thought that also, that BernArnold remembers more than he's letting on. I figured that had something to do with causing Stubbs to get sent in after her. I think Elsie and Stubbs end up together as survivors of whatever is about to go down.

We've already seen that a host can lie to Ford (we don't know if he knows if they're lying or not though.) So there's no reason Bernard couldn't be lying also.
AgLaw
AG
cone said:

Quote:

I want to know how they create skin, organs, etc.

bobinator
AG
The difference here is that these are presumably there in one shot, and not in the next, so it seems pretty intentional to have to move body bags around.
3rdGen2015
AG
bangobango said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I always wonder on things like this how much is meant to mean something and how much of it is just careless editing by the director.

I remember everyone reading things into the child drawings in Woody's house in True Detective and I remember thinking "the set designer probably got those off her refrigerator that morning." Turns out, they didn't mean anything, but during the show everyone kept saying things like "No way they'd put something like this in there on accident. Every detail is intentional."

Now, in this case, I don't know. It is kind of compelling, but part of me still thinks it's just normal editing that you don't notice in most movies or shows because they're not dissected to this level. That being said, if anybody would catch on to the trend to over-dissect tv shows on the internet and then exploit it, I think it would be a project involving the Nolan brothers.
I agree. I didn't think anything of it until the electrical outlet. I think that has to be intentional, that's not a leave in the background and forget it thing, that's a change the set thing.
bangobango
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

bangobango said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I agree. I didn't think anything of it until the electrical outlet. I think that has to be intentional, that's not a leave in the background and forget it thing, that's a change the set thing.
I agree. The electrical outlet is the most compelling evidence.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nvm, missed that.
LHIOB
AG
If they are several conversations then it would give some credence to the theory that Ford is testing Bernard. If Bernard fails the test then he shoots himself and the cycle starts over.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
LHIOB said:

If they are several conversations then it would give some credence to the theory that Ford is testing Bernard. If Bernard fails the test then he shoots himself and the cycle starts over.
Similar to the crazy lady sentient host (I can't remember her name, the first host that William saw) killing Teddy, because he was not ready?

Honestly, I'm lost on a lot of that plot still.
bobinator
AG
In the same way that the host killed Teddy because he "wasn't ready?"
3rdGen2015
AG
Quote:

"We weren't interested in spinning out mysteries with no answers in sight," Nolan said. "Our goal is to tell an ambitious story in season-long chapters, each with a distinct feel and theme."

Added Joy: "Most of the questions viewers have will be resolved in the final episodes, except for the most important one: What happens next."
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/28/westworld-finale?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
Quinn
AG
bangobango said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I hope she didn't get those off her fridge - didn't they have orgies and murders on them?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice. Payoffs for each season are a welcome change of pace from shows like Lost and GoT.
bangobango
AG
Quinn said:

bangobango said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I hope she didn't get those off her fridge - didn't they have orgies and murders on them?
They did focus on some drawings one of his kids made at school that had something inappropriate to it, but I can't remember what it was. This is what I am talking about:

Everybody made a big deal about the spiral drawings, as if kids don't make spiral drawings all the time that have nothing to do with murders or cults.
The White Wolf
In that last scene, he even makes the comment "we've had this conversation before" - Ford has even said this a number of times when Bernard has asked certain questions.

Also, Maeve makes a similar comment right in the beginning of the episode. After Bernard makes request a message to be sent to Ford after discovering Maeve's changes, she says, "Don't. After all we've been down this road before, darling."

When thinking about how Maeve will play into the conclusion of this season, it is possible that she could have also played a crucial part in the past as well. Someone made the comment of Dolores being the cause of the critical failure 30 years ago, however, it could have been Maeve's doing as she alludes to this not being the first time she's attempted this. Arnold's death and the critical failure are two separate things by about 4 years I believe. Maeve could have been behind the first critical failure. Also, if they've been down this road before, Ford wouldn't be in the dark on it. To me it would seem that Ford is very aware of what Maeve is up to, and he could potentially be letting it happen this time as part of his final narrative.
Joseph Parrish
AG
How does nobody else that works there not recognize that Bernard looks exactly like Arnold?!
MW03
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

How does nobody else that works there not recognize that Bernard looks exactly like Arnold?!
I was wondering that, too. Maybe Ford had everyone who knew Arnold killed after the Delores incident to protect the park. If memory serves, the working story is that Arnold died in an accident, and you would think that place would be DOA if one of the hosts had gone off the rails and murdered a person. There were a lot of people working robot cotillion in addition to Ford, so something had to be done with those people. Maybe they were the ones dead under the church in Delores' flashback. Either way, Ford had invested 3+ years into the place at that point, so it's unlikely that he would have just washed his hands of it after Arnold's murder.
Joseph Parrish
AG
MW03 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

I was wondering that, too. Maybe Ford had everyone who knew Arnold killed after the Delores incident to protect the park. If memory serves, the working story is that Arnold died in an accident, and you would think that place would be DOA if one of the hosts had gone off the rails and murdered a person. There were a lot of people working robot cotillion in addition to Ford, so something had to be done with those people. Maybe they were the ones dead under the church in Delores' flashback. Either way, Ford had invested 3+ years into the place at that point, so it's unlikely that he would have just washed his hands of it after Arnold's murder.

If they all died, maybe he made an army of robots to replace the people working there and just don't know they are robots. I just don't see how else nobody would notice the resemblance and not speak up.
spanky
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Another thing.
Why was Clementine wearing clothes? All the rest of the decommissioned were nude. Such a wasted opportunity.
Mauve also had clothes on for some reason.
Living Legend
AG
Fogburn95 said:

Are we watching different timelines of Aggie football? Each November we are flashing back to Fran and/or Sherman eras.
this was good. very good
Raptor
AG
The line "the maze is not meant for you" has to have a deeper meaning other than a casual, "No, please don't try and dig deeper" (but secretly we're cheering you on) meaning.

I think the maze is meant for host to reach true AI. Old William, aka MIB, is in a fruitless search that will gain him nothing except disappointment and an empty void of all that wasted effort.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.