*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,876 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know if this was mentioned on here or not, but when the Bernarnold idea was being formed on Reddit, somebody said that an anagram of Bernard Lowe was Arnold Weber. When we saw Arnold's nameplate on his door and his last name was Weber, I legitimately had to pause the episode because I was laughing so hard and I knew exactly what was coming.
bobinator
AG
Man, this is the first show I've ever seen where like every wild Internet theory turned out to be true.
LHIOB
AG
So Ford would had to have killed anyone who Arnold before bringing in Bernard.
RebAg13
AG
LHIOB said:

So Ford would had to have killed anyone who Arnold before bringing in Bernard.

Do we know if Dolores killed under order or it was an accident?
Post removed:
by user
bangobango
AG
Random thoughts, will have more after processing:

1. So, Theresa was a Host?

2. Super bummed if Bernard is out of the show. Probably my favorite character.

3. At least three timelines with Dolores. Timeline 1 - Dolores in riding pants with William, now with her gut cut open. Timeline 2 - Dolores with riding pants and gut not cut open. Timeline 3 - Dolores is blue dress with satchel belt thingy. Now somebody put those in chronological order for me.

4. William at the end cut to Dolores seeing man in black certainly foreshadows William as MIB. Seems we've seen the pivot for Williams character.

5. Holy **** I just really like this show.
Post removed:
by user
3rdGen2015
AG
This will get lost in the discussion tomorrow, but why wouldn't the Ghost Nation freeze for Stubbs? Is he going to die unceremoniously just like Elsie?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I need a day to process all of this....

Mind ****ing blown.
frog_killer
AG
I don't think Theresa was a host, that was just Bernard flashing through his memories. pausing, rewinding, observing.
BWD06
AG
bangobango said:

Random thoughts, will have more after processing:

1. So, Theresa was a Host?

2. Super bummed if Bernard is out of the show. Probably my favorite character.

3. At least three timelines with Dolores. Timeline 1 - Dolores in riding pants with William, now with her gut cut open. Timeline 2 - Dolores with riding pants and gut not cut open. Timeline 3 - Dolores is blue dress with satchel belt thingy. Now somebody put those in chronological order for me.

4. William at the end cut to Dolores seeing man in black certainly foreshadows William as MIB. Seems we've seen the pivot for Williams character.

5. Holy **** I just really like this show.
Timeline 3 - Dolores is blue dress with satchel belt thingy.

Timeline 1 - Dolores in riding pants with William, now with her gut cut open.

Timeline 2 - Dolores with riding pants and gut not cut open.
Snooter
AG
Ford is gonna burn this mother fu**er down...
redline248
AG
Here is how I think it goes

Event 1: Dolores kills Arnold and the town in blue dress (is reset). Town buried

Event 2: Dolores meets William after "remembering" and killing the bandit at her farm. Rides off and is eventually stabbed by Logan. Eventually found and reset (which we haven't seen). This is still before the hosts are made of bone/tissue

Event 3: Dolores is set on her path by Abernathy's violent delights whisper (which happens after MiB visits the farm and I presume dropped his photo that he's been carrying for years). All the scenes of her alone are running concurrent with Maeve in the present.

I think the biggest pieces of evidence for William = MiB are the picture showing up at the farm right after he visits, and him saying he's been to that town before (when Dolores was holding the gun to her head in front of the burned steeple.

My only question now is when does Ford start digging up the town relative to Abernathy's glitch? Surely he didn't just get the place ready right before Dolores shows up in the present...
redline248
AG
What if:

The memory Teddy has of Wyatt shooting the general is really of Dolores shooting Arnold?

Also, when current Dolores was walking into the office area below the church, those bodies had to be hosts left over from (what I assume was) a robot uprising. Why the hell wouldn't the park have ever cleaned that up?
Raptor
AG
redline248 said:

What if:

The memory Teddy has of Wyatt shooting the general is really of Dolores shooting Arnold?

Also, when current Dolores was walking into the office area below the church, those bodies had to be hosts left over from (what I assume was) a robot uprising. Why the hell wouldn't the park have ever cleaned that up?
When Dolores is "underground" on her way to talk to Bernarnold her original "father" is in one of the rooms preaching or reading literature. Since she didn't recognize him as her daddy, and Ford had said that he had been part of a cult in an earlier loop, then one must believe there is more than one timelin, no?
redline248
AG
Yes, as I put in the previous post, I believe we have been watching Dolores at 3 different points in time (at least). I was talking about the dead bodies, before she goes in flashback mode.
BBRex
AG
I wonder how much we will see of William's takeover of the company Logan's family runs?
claym711
AG
Holding out hope that at least 1 of the obvious predictions turns out incorrect.

So Ford's latest narrative involves all we have seen playing out, except for potentially Maeve. I still find it hard to believe that in a world he created (every blade of grass) in which he has seen every single thing coming before it happened, that Maeve is not also part of his plan. We know Maeve and all others have been on this loop before, which is evidence enough that Ford either created it or is at least aware of it. This is probably part of the narrative Ford created to keep their minds shackled.

Presumably this is as far as MIB has made it into this loop. I wonder what Ford has planned for him. Killed by Maeve perhaps.
Al Bula
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

RPM said:

If Bernard and Dolores are gen 2 androids, do they still have metal innards? Or have they been upgraded to full 3D printed bones/flesh/blood like all new hosts? We know the current hosts are biologically just like humans aside from the brain.
When Dolores was gutted in this episode it showed she has mechanical innards.
Yeah, that's an earlier timeline. So the question is still: Do they have metal innards in the present timeline? It was stated in an earlier episode (and mentioned here) that 1) the hosts have been rebuilt many times and 2) the hosts are biologically identical to humans except for the brain.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. I want to know how they create skin, organs, etc.
cone
AG
Quote:

I want to know how they create skin, organs, etc.
knowing ruins it

IMO it's better not to know and to just accept the premise
bobinator
AG
I definitely think Ford's "new narrative" has something to do with what Maeve is doing, but those pieces are hard to fit together at present.

Can't wait for Sunday.
Rocagnante
AG
I read somewhere season 2 was going to delve more into the "nuts and bolts" of how the hosts are created and function.
bangobango
AG
Have they really said they're biologically identical in every way? For some reason I was thinking they didn't have most of the human organs. They obviously cannot be killed as easily as humans when they go crazy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
oops. Wrong thread
Rocagnante
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

NYG is still in a dangerous position for the division. Now I think Dallas closes it out because they look like the much better team, but with one head-to-head matchup remaining (in NY) and the ability to to secure the tie-breaker, they are definitely still within striking distance.

What timeline is this?
BigDawg87
AG
Clearly, a 4th timeline.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ha! I'm still trying to figure out if Zeke and Dak are hosts.
cone
AG
so Ford loved/respected Arnold

Ford saw the sentience that Arnold was chasing as dangerous/evil

Dolores goes sentient(?) due to Arnold's work, kills Arnold

Ford recreates Arnold because he misses his friend/partner

Ford creates a loop where Dolores is raped and/or murdered as part of the normal course, as eternal punishment

this is a cool show

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I'm starting to think the new narrative actually involves Dolores and MIB, the maze, "remembering", all that stuff.

I started a rewatch yesterday (had only seen every episode once), and in the scene where Ford turns down Sizemore's new narrative, he talks about how people want to find things they think are not meant to be found, etc. Pretty solid evidence that the maze (and possibly even Maeve) are all part of that new narrative. Somehow this hadn't occurred to me until I rewatched that scene. Now it seems obvious.

So, my theory about the guys working on Maeve being hosts is still in play, but now I think they're working for Ford instead of the board. It's "all...part of the plan."

Still not smart enough to see what the big picture is, though. Much like Sizemore.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, even though most of the big theories have turned out to be right, the execution has been really unpredictable, and amazingly executed. They still manage to completely mind**** you with each new reveal.

I think there is a major revelation that none of us will see coming. I think the "obvious" ones are making us blind to whatever the big reveal will be. Almost a distraction.

This show is too smart for me, and I love it.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
cone said:

so Ford loved/respected Arnold

Ford saw the sentience that Arnold was chasing as dangerous/evil

Dolores goes sentient(?) due to Arnold's work, kills Arnold

Ford recreates Arnold because he misses his friend/partner

Ford creates a loop where Dolores is raped and/or murdered as part of the normal course, as eternal punishment

this is a cool show

In hindsight, the coolest/creepiest scene is now the one where Ford tells Dolores they go back a long way, and Dolores asks if they are friends, and Ford(Hopkins) says, in his super calm/creepy way: Friends? No. I wouldn't say that at all.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also, even though most of the big theories have turned out to be right, the execution has been really unpredictable, and amazingly executed. They still manage to completely mind**** you with each new reveal.

I think there is a major revelation that none of us will see coming. I think the "obvious" ones are making us blind to whatever the big reveal will be. Almost a distraction.

This show is too smart for me, and I love it.

I'm entertained, but Reddit/Texags has been calling these twists all season, so I wouldn't call it a mind****. The Lost Flashforward was a mind****.
cone
AG

this is remarkable
The White Wolf
This. Knew this would come back and play a big role. I suspect we'll get to see this play out in the finale as well. There still has to be something there between Dolores and Ford that has yet to be revealed. I don't think it was merely her killing Arnold.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.