*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

348,506 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was Ford creating himself in his house so that it could appear he was shot at the end? That could enable him to come back in the future
BowSowy
AG
Wow, what a way to end the season. I thought we'd see some sort of resolution without elsie and stubbs, but I suppose Stubbs was foreshadowing hosts who can kill humans and Elsie revealed that "Arnold" was still alive.
bobinator
AG
Holy hell
The White Wolf
Yeah he knew he was getting pushed out. The only questions remaining are was it truly up to Dolores when she chose to kill him. It may have been her choice in those final moments, but either way, the army of hosts coming in there were surely programmed. That, and was that really Ford being killed...
TheVarian
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, I want to make sure I understood this.

Ford's new narrative was always meant to end with his own death? And with a massacre of the board?

Looked like he was paying tribute in his own way and at the same time sticking it to the man
Snooter
AG
Boggsie84 said:

Ford is gonna burn this mother fu**er down...

CALLED IT!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TheVarian said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ford's new narrative was always meant to end with his own death? And with a massacre of the board?

Looked like he was paying tribute in his own way and at the same time sticking it to the man

yes....although he very well could have programmed all of his memories and personality in a host of himself....right?

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

and Dolores is the oldest host - they achieve consciousness after so much repeated suffering...so the others will get there in time....

BBQ4Me
AG
How did Delores gaining consciousness enable her to overcome the core code about not killing real people?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really wanted an explanation for Felix's behavior, now even more so. How does he keep going along even after watching them murder all those people.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I LOVED William/MIB smiling that wicked smile when he got shot and realized the game was finally real and he could be hurt.
bobinator
AG
UMichAg said:

How did Delores gaining consciousness enable her to overcome the core code about not killing real people?

I'm assuming Ford changed her code just like he changed Maeve's.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

There's pretty much zero doubt in my mind that Dolores will execute Arnold sitting in that chair. That is the "truth" behind Wyatt executing the general.
Well at least I got this.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

BRAVO for a truly unique and non cheesy and non formulaic and non cliffhanger ending.....

Blew it the hell up.....and an out of left field (but pretty logical really) twist of sorts.....

yet it can go on in so many ways and in so many directions - possibilities are endless.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Did everyone watch after the credits to see the blonde woman realize that she didn't need to feel pain?
bobinator
AG
Well Maeve turned down their pain level. But that was an odd post credit scene.
The White Wolf
I knew we would need a lot of backstory for it all to make sense with William and what made him like that, and it was perfect. Everything right up to the end there getting shot. He never wanted to go back. He finally got his wish. Probably would have even got a little more satisfaction if he saw Dolores Doing her thing. But so good.
ellebee
I was just about to turn the tv off. Damn I'm gonna have to watch that again!
The Kraken
AG
Samurai World!
TheVarian
AG
CANT WAIT TO SEE THE HELL FIRE IN SEASON 2
Mathguy64
AG
Samurai World!
G Martin 87
AG
We were yelling "shoot herrrrrrr!!!!" like Jurassic Park at the end.
mhayden
Could certainly see it coming with the way Ford seemed unaffected by the board forcing him out, the MiB wanting it "to be real" and the cold storage army... But even seeing it coming, they did it very well.

My only question -- does Maeve leaving the train and going back show that she still hasn't completely evolved yet since she was about to see the outside world and chose to go back for her "daughter"?
TheVarian
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

TheVarian said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

yes....although he very well could have programmed all of his memories and personality in a host of himself....right?

I wouldn't doubt if he gave a body his consciousness so he could see the chaos ensue
dave94
AG
That was great (and a first for an HBO show to have a stinger?).

I also liked seeing Samurai World!
G Martin 87
AG
Oh, and yes, Samurai World!!
tk for tu juan
Distract the whole security team with an escape and kill the entire board. Well done Ford

Now the episode comes back on at 10:04
Dro07
AG
New World Ag said:

Samurai World!

You mean Shanghai World you racists
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dromo07 said:

New World Ag said:

Samurai World!

You mean Shanghai World you racists

I was thinking Shogun World.

Aggie_Outlaw
AG
mathguy86 said:

Samurai World!
Eastworld
3rdGen2015
AG
free_mhayden said:

Could certainly see it coming with the way Ford seemed unaffected by the board forcing him out, the MiB wanting it "to be real" and the cold storage army... But even seeing it coming, they did it very well.

My only question -- does Maeve leaving the train and going back show that she still hasn't completely evolved yet since she was about to see the outside world and chose to go back for her "daughter"?

I took it to mean that she was actually overriding her code
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

mathguy86 said:

Samurai World!
Eastworld
except it was an "S" on the signage.

AliasMan02
AG
bobinator said:

Well Maeve turned down their pain level. But that was an odd post credit scene.

I'm guessing it was cut but they wanted to give due to a great character. She's the type of character that is a writer's favorite.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

FYI....not a criticism but......something very GOT-esque......spoiler here if you seriously haven't watched GOT yet.....

Killing off Anthony Hopkins out of left field like that (if he is dead)....very much like killing off Sean Bean as Eddard Stark at the end of Season 1 Ep. 9 actually....but everyone freaked out. Went on for several seasons of speculation that maybe he wasn't dead and maybe it was a body double. Hell that still persists to this day. This will have the same type of thing....because of Anthony Hopkins but also because of the returning as a host possibility.
Al Bula
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

except it was an "S" on the signage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.