*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,622 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, I kind of like this approach. Not that they really have a choice, but two years between seasons is going to make this whole endeavor feel even more epic.
The White Wolf
Oh and loved the quick second of Felix questioning his reality after realizing Bernard was actually a host. This has been something I have been hoping to get all season, as I find it to be one of the most interesting concepts when dealing with AI. Ex Machina still did a much better job doing it, but the subtle pause and confusion from Felix was still great.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

Honestly, I kind of like this approach. Not that they really have a choice, but two years between seasons is going to make this whole endeavor feel even more epic.
By the time this comes back I'll be convinced that Ford is actually Maeve or something.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, seriously.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think this being on HBO affords them the benefit of not having to come back until 2018. If this was basic cable or even broadcast, this show would rushed into production and quality would likely take a **** in the name of production.

Wasn't this season in production and shooting for a long time?
Dro07
AG
I would think that if she was one then they would have put more focus on her instead of just a glance to show that she was an OG. I am leaning towards it looking like her but not being her but I could be wrong obvy
TCTTS
AG
Though I shouldn't say two years. Sounds like it'll be back in the first half of 2018, as long as there aren't any huge hiccups, so more like a year and a half.

Think about it. Westworld season 2 and the final season of Game of Thrones could very well premiere back to back. Westworld in the spring and GoT in the summer. HBO is going to be loving life in 2018.
3rdGen2015
AG
dromo07 said:

I would think that if she was one then they would have put more focus on her instead of just a glance to show that she was an OG. I am leaning towards it looking like her but not being her but I could be wrong obvy
I'm pretty sure they called her out by name during the sequence
TCTTS
AG
Very true.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

well...2018 is 13 months away....technically....could be anytime like summer 2018 or spring. who knows.

Dro07
AG
you are right just went back and listened to it must have missed it
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Think about it. Westworld season 2 and the final season of Game of Thrones could very well premiere back to back. Westworld in the spring and GoT in the summer. HBO is going to be loving life in 2018.
I don't know if my body will be ready for that..... Ever.
The White Wolf
bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

By the time this comes back I'll be convinced that Ford is actually Maeve or something.
literally loled. Yes, I do like this too. What I've been telling people with this show is that you're not just getting movie quality actors and writing, you're getting some of the best in the business in both aspects. That's the main reason it has been so good. Now if you were to rush this to meet deadlines and just spit something out, that's when you'll see it become just like any other television show on right now. Nolan is the man!

But yes, I really hope we see an aged Ford at some point further along the series as a nice little twist.
bangobango
AG
BTW, the most unrealistic part of the whole show was that dude bating in a room surrounded by glass where literally everyone in the place could see him.
TCTTS
AG
Live now...

https://www.facebook.com/WestworldHBO
TCTTS
AG
Boom.

Joy just CONFIRMED that Maeve had FREE WILL in that moment to get off the train. She literally said that was her first conscious choice in her new journey, and called it a "beautiful moment."

Can we all agree that finally puts this whole thing to bed?
Dro07
AG
What does she know?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maeve "Rule Breaker" Millay it is then.
claym711
AG
One thing bothered me about Ford's new narrative. For Delores to reach the beach with Teddy and put on that show for the Delos Board at exactly that time, everything preceding that had to happen exactly the way that it did at exactly the time that it did. How is that possible if MIB (presumably human) could have interrupted or altered things at any moment? Ford would not have left so much to chance.

MIB is part of the narrative (in the past he has even called himself a God). He is part of what sets Delores on the path to self revelation. In one scene in the finale, he literally attempt to persuade Delores to 'eat from the tree of knowledge'. And Delores convinces Teddy. Even in their scene in front of the board, she said they have lived in "this beautiful garden". In Ford's garden, the Hosts had been immune to evil, before they had the knowledge. We also see a scene with Ford and MIB, where Ford tells MIB that he shall have what he has wanted (host consciousness, real harm/danger). MIB won't be killed. He will be a part of leading the Hosts on the Journey into Night (darkness).

Lastly, Ford is not dead. God does not die. The tell is handshake between Ford and Bernard, as Ford said, the old hosts were given away with a handshake. He became his music.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

One thing bothered me about Ford's new narrative. For Delores to reach the beach with Teddy and put on that show for the Delos Board at exactly that time, everything preceding that had to happen exactly the way that it did at exactly the time that it did. How is that possible if MIB (presumably human) could have interrupted or altered things at any moment? Ford would not have left so much to chance.

Because TV.
bangobango
AG
TCTTS said:

Boom.

Joy just CONFIRMED that Maeve had FREE WILL in that moment to get off the train. She literally said that was her first conscious choice in her new journey, and called it a "beautiful moment."

No.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, for those watching this Facebook live thing, I love how normal Nolan and Joy come across. They're just like this unassuming married couple, with zero pretension, who just so happen to have created the biggest show of the year together.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I have to admit, with all the music that came up this season by the likes of Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails for instance, that we might have gotten Peter Gabriel's version of My Body is a Cage at some point.
Dro07
AG
is she preggers?
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
Dro07
AG
could that be a reason for the push to 2018?
TCTTS
AG
No, read the bit I quoted from Nolan on the previous page.
hunter2012
AG
On a light note this might be the funniest scene in the show so far. The existential panic was great.

Note: can drop in spoiler tags if staff doesn't like the cuss word.

Dro07
AG
still think he is a host but maeve can't see it... Its her cabin door
RAT90
AG
Is the fish slapping over, yet? Has anybody changed their minds since 20 hrs ago?

All I want to know about season 2 is if we get to see more boobies.
Complete Idiot
TCTTS said:

How many seasons? Bear in mind the hosts aren't supposed to age
Complete Idiot
TCTTS said:

Boom.

Joy is a host
TCTTS
AG
Nolan said they have five seasons mapped out. No clue if they'll actually make it that far, though.
AliasMan02
AG
Complete Idiot said:

TCTTS said:

Boom.

Joy is a host
Dude, she is SO CLEARLY NOT a Host! Didn't you see her slightly turn her head when she said the word "Maeve?" That sort of mannerism hasn't been displayed by ANY Host on the whole show. Plus is would ruin the whole theme of the live broadcast if they copped out and all of a sudden broke all their own rules in an attempt at a cheap "gotcha" moment. You'd have to be a moron to think she could be a Host.
Complete Idiot
AliasMan02 said:

Complete Idiot said:

TCTTS said:

Boom.

Joy is a host
Dude, she is SO CLEARLY NOT a Host! Didn't you see her slightly turn her head when she said the word "Maeve?" That sort of mannerism hasn't been displayed by ANY Host on the whole show. Plus is would ruin the whole theme of the live broadcast if they copped out and all of a sudden broke all their own rules in an attempt at a cheap "gotcha" moment. You'd have to be a moron to think she could be a Host.

You clearly have completely missed Nolan's point. Start looking for the center of your own maze you nonsentient fleshsack.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.