*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

348,602 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
BR0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This show got way too convoluted way too fast. Was good for 5-6 episodes, then it went off the rails. They haven't developed any of the narratives enough, and there are too many of them. Pretty big disappointment IMO. I'll finish the season but I doubt I'll watch Seadon 2.
Rocagnante
AG
Are we watching different timelines of Aggie football? Each November we are flashing back to Fran and/or Sherman eras.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jamaggie06
AG
Am I the only one who inferred from Ford's conversation with Bernard that Armold too was a host? I need to rewatch it, but it sure seemed like it.

It makes sense. No one seems to recall or know anything about Arnold.
mavsfan4ever
AG
My cousin has a theory that MIB is Wyatt.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
That doesn't really make sense; explain?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Perhaps Arnold was the first host? And limits had not yet been placed in his consciousness?
bangobango
AG
jamaggie06 said:

Am I the only one who inferred from Ford's conversation with Bernard that Armold too was a host? I need to rewatch it, but it sure seemed like it.

It makes sense. No one seems to recall or know anything about Arnold.

Arnold is the A series robot. Bernard is B series. I think that is a viable theory and I brought it up several weeks ago.
jamaggie06
AG
I recall someone posting that. At the time I hadn't seen enough evidence to really confirm it.

But, as I watched the scenese with Ford and Bernard last episode, it seemed very much like that was the case. Like I said, I nees to rewatch and see if my interpretation of their interaction makes sense, but I'm definitely leaning heavily towards Arnold having been a host.

And I really like the idea that Arnold was the alpha prototype and Bernard is the beta prototype. It makes so much sense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The White Wolf
RebAg13
AG
Dolores killed Arnold
3rd and 2
AG
rebornaggie2013 said:

Dolores killed Arnold

Dolores is the final villian!
BowSowy
AG
So, that confirmed pretty much every theory, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So things that were basically confirmed:
Dolores was the cause of the "critical failure" from 30 years ago
Bernard was Arnold
Dolores killed Arnold
Two timeline theory (The picture of William's fiancee is the picture Dolores' father finds in the pilot)
William is MIB

Things left to answer:
Who is MIB outside of the park
What is the new narrative
Why did Dolores lose her **** and kill everyone
What happened to the town that was swallowed by the sand
How does Arnold continue to communicate with the hosts
The Maze

Did I miss anything?
jamaggie06
AG
Ford has to have another Bernard ready to go, right? Everyone else thinks human.
RebAg13
AG
Good list Brian
BowSowy
AG
When was William = MiB confirmed?
Al Bula
AG
The show better find a clever and creative way to tie in Maeve because that storyline is one big fudge dragon.

Otherwise wow wow wow!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RossK10 said:

When was William = MiB confirmed?
We saw the "turn" we've been waiting to see all season. Then at the end, Dolores' "William?" is answered by MIB walking through the door.

They've spoonfed it to us so much that it's almost unfair to us if it's not the case.
MW03
AG
Man, Delores is Wyatt. I thought that was a crazy theory, but after they showed how Teddy's memory of the attack was flawed to remember different genders and people entirely, I think that has to be it. Teddy and Delores killed everyone is Escalate, and then Ford used that real event as the cornerstone memory for Teddy by changing the players to Wyatt and the soldiers. Right?
BowSowy
AG
I think so. I just read an interesting idea on Reddit. What if Ford is recreating the "Wyatt" massacre in his new narrative to draw out all the sentient robots? Dolores is already there. It really seems like Teddy will be heading there. The only one I can't find a tie with is Maeve. But then again, there has been a huge focus on her sentience, so maybe the writer's intent is to have her be the sentient robot that gets away?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The White Wolf
90 minute finale by the way!
Cheo
Man I feel like my mind got ****ed
Cheo
So what is Dolores actually doing right now? Just running around and geeking out from memories of a previous timeline with William that is not happening in her present moment?
Mozart Paintings
AG
The Delores time/clothes/scene changes are confusing. Or maybe I'm just dumb.
Mathguy64
AG
Ford is one sadistic dude. He knows all along that he's just mind ****ing Bernard. Somehow I think this is not the first time that scene has played out and he's really just testing Bernard each time to see where his loyalties lie. And each time Bernard fails the test.
BBQ4Me
AG
I don't see how it's two different timelines. We know that old Dr Ford and MIB exist at the same time because they have that confrontation. Isn't this occurring at the same time Dolores is on the run with William? How are people inferring that Dolores on the run with William took place many years prior?
The White Wolf
In the last scene, Ford makes a comment "But even I fell into that most terrible of human traps, trying to change what is already past. Now it's just time to let go." Bernard then begs him to erase his sentience, and Ford responds with, "I would prefer the more narrative voice." I believe these lines and motives go beyond this individual scene with Bernard. I think what he's trying to say here is that he knows he's being pushed out by the board and he's going to end it on his own terms. His final narrative.
BowSowy
AG
In episode 1, dolores' father shows her an aged photograph. It's the same photograph Teddy shows to William in this episode.
The White Wolf
UMichAg said:

I don't see how it's two different timelines. We know that old Dr Ford and MIB exist at the same time because they have that confrontation. Isn't this occurring at the same time Dolores is on the run with William? How are people inferring that Dolores on the run with William took place many years prior?
There have been a lot clues throughout the entire season. But just to make it real easy for this last episode and to get you on board with the multiple timelines, just notice that Dolores does not have the knife wound in her gut that Logan had given her. Her shirt was covered in "blood" afterwards. And when she was in the church at the end, the shirt is totally clean. She is even having multiple flashbacks throughout this specific episode that shows that we're dealing with multiple time periods.
Al Bula
AG
If Bernard and Dolores are gen 2 androids, do they still have metal innards? Or have they been upgraded to full 3D printed bones/flesh/blood like all new hosts? We know the current hosts are biologically just like humans aside from the brain.
Post removed:
by user
The White Wolf
RPM said:

If Bernard and Dolores are gen 2 androids, do they still have metal innards? Or have they been upgraded to full 3D printed bones/flesh/blood like all new hosts? We know the current hosts are biologically just like humans aside from the brain.
Yeah this is interesting to me as well. They have made the comments of "she's been repaired so many times, she's practically brand new" but I don't know if that would include full body reconstruction.

I also hope to see it play out how it seems when glitched, they can refuse to die in a sense. In the first episode Walter says "Not gonna die this time Arnold. Ain't nothing gonna kill me." As he says this, he drinks milk and it pours out of the bullet holes he still has in his body. It seems like the hosts are capable of rejecting the "idea of death" and powering through it in a sense. This has been a question of mine from the beginning of the series, and after Dolores' knife wound, I hope it get's answered. It would seem to make sense that if they were aware that they are indeed machines, that they could potentially override the reactions to die from wounds that don't totally immobilize them or effect their processing power. Wondering this for Teddy's sake as well. Wouldn't seem right for Dolores and MiB's conclusion to take place without good ol Theodore...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.