* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

180,071 Views | 2611 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TRM
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the social media influences staying there had gotten paid and fed you would be reading reviews that make that look like a high rollers suite at the Bellagio with food from the French Laundry
agsalaska
AG
Hey, Qatar may be a joke, but at least there are no vuvuzelas in the crowd.

We have that going for us
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Rudyjax
AG
agsalaska said:

Hey, Qatar may be a joke, but at least there are no vuvuzelas in the crowd.

We have that going for us

That was quite possibly the most annoying World Cup ever.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
They had 12 years and unlimited money and all they could come up with was FyreFest 2.0? Sad.
Out in Left Field
AG
Can't wait to watch the other 3 games today! Oh wait…
Rudyjax
AG
Out in Left Field said:

I'm actually ok with it. Redzone for the early games and cowboys at 3:00.
agsalaska
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Out in Left Field said:

I'm actually ok with it. Redzone for the early games and cowboys at 3:00.
Just settled in on the exact same plan.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Olsen
AG
USA's group stage games are all 10:00pm to midnight Qatar time. Pac-12 after dark style
Rudyjax
AG
Olsen said:

USA's group stage games are all 10:00pm to midnight Qatar time. Pac-12 after dark style

Fans will be drunk and loud!

Oh wait.
Pahdz
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

They had 12 years and unlimited money and all they could come up with was FyreFest 2.0? Sad.

With a touch of Woodstock '99
fig96
AG
Out in Left Field
AG
These lads are having a good time

Ag Since 83
AG
Roger Bennett must be so proud
ColoradoMooseHerd
Pahdz said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

With a touch of Woodstock '99
Let me know when the Chili Peppers go on. I want to see if they burn the place down
ColoradoMooseHerd
gambochaman said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63690765

Epic disaster
That is Brutal, I would be so pissed if that is what I was stuck in
Who?mikejones!

Shocked face Wahl would try this
jeffk
AG
Yeah, how dare he!
Who?mikejones!
I mean, why would he? And then complain about it.

tysker
AG
Its not a protest if not one complains.
So you shouldn't be surprised that people respond to your protest. The point of protest is to elicit a response.
texagbeliever
That tweet screams look at me. He doesn't care about the gays in Qatar, he cares about his followers and likes. Like a shirt is going to change the world.
akm91
AG
Don't care for his politics as he's the typical misinformed lib. But I will hand it to him that he actually puts himself out there for these kind of stories. He did investigative stories with the migrant workers in Qatar earlier in the year. Don't care for the whining part of it but props to him for following through.
jeffk
AG
It's obvious y'all don't like him wearing it, and that's your prerogative, but the Qataris have said publicly that rainbow attire is allowed at matches. Apparently not all their stadium personnel got that memo.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

It's obvious y'all don't like him wearing it, and that's your prerogative, but the Qataris have said publicly that rainbow attire is allowed at matches. Apparently not all their stadium personnel got that memo.
Thank you.
agdoc2001
AG
Yep, he's now done more than any of the countries actually involved have.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
karmapoliceman
AG
Anyone else streaming to their TV on the Fox Sports app? The quality is terrible for me right now. Looks like I'm watching World Cup 1994.
Proposition Joe
FIFA ticketing app apparently crashed, so a ton of people had trouble getting into England game and hearing a ton also with issues for USA/Wales.

Probably makes Ticketmaster feel a little better.
texagbeliever
The peacock feed (spanish) is good on the app. How does it look on your laptop or phone? May see if your TV is the issue.
Silvertaps
AG
texagbeliever said:

That tweet screams look at me. He doesn't care about the gays in Qatar, he cares about his followers and likes. Like a shirt is going to change the world.

Exactly…you're in an Islamic country. This shouldn't be a shock, same with the beer ban.
tysker
AG
jeffk said:

It's obvious y'all don't like him wearing it, and that's your prerogative
Wearing it and letting everyone know you're wearing it are two different things.
Its like people with real money don't flaunt it. (Exception: the d-bags Qataris, but I question how much is owned by the individuals and how much is really the state)
Rudyjax
AG
tysker said:

jeffk said:

It's obvious y'all don't like him wearing it, and that's your prerogative
Wearing it and letting everyone know you're wearing it are two different things.
Its like people with real money don't flaunt it. (Exception: the d-bags Qataris, but I question how much is owned by the individuals and how much is really the state)
Except his point is not that he's wearing it. It's that he was told he could wear it and then was detained when he did wear it.

deadbq03
AG
To your point about protesting earlier… there's honestly no point if he doesn't talk about it.

You don't have to agree with the individual issues involved, but there are countless examples throughout history where free speech has made a difference. Will one mediocre sports journalist make a big difference? Probably not - just like one individual abolitionist in 1800 made little difference. But the little parts add up over time.
tysker
AG
Still seems like a nothing burger. He was held for 30-min while security figured it out? Meh
texagbeliever
The guy is no abolitionist. He is an opportunist.
tysker
AG
Freedom of speech is important and protesting is invaluable tool, but it comes with costs. Too many protestors of the Twitterati want to protest without consequence. Getting jeered and pushback is the purpose of the protest. If everyone agrees with you and is OK with your actions, its not a protest.
Rudyjax
AG
Can just left the F16 there? Thank you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.