* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

163,660 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
deadbq03 said:

Is it safe to assume Uruguay will be the only match we play our best available 11?

I would assume Morocco and Uruguay
fig96
AG
jeffk
AG
Hmm... not sure if this means Dike is out of the running for the WC squad or not.

fig96
AG
Hard to say because of how weird the schedule lines up with a November-December tournament. If he's fit for the English season he'd have 3+ months of matches to show what he can do before the World Cup starts.
akm91
AG
He probably knows he's lacking the fitness and sharpness to contribute/impress during the June window. Better for him to get integrated to his new club team and give himself the best chance to be on 1st team at the beginning of the season which will hopefully translate into a Sept. camp call up.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
PatAg
AG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/05/04/gregg-berhalter-usmnt-roster-world-cup/
Aston94
AG
Thanks for sharing.

Interesting note from article:

The September friendlies are scheduled to take place at venues in Germany and Spain, Berhalter said, but because European teams are preoccupied with their own Nations League games, the U.S. opponents will come from the Asian confederation.

Also:

Though his personnel will remain largely unchanged, Berhalter said he would use some of the June matches to work on a three-man back line instead of the usual four-man setup.
"Just so the guys are familiar with it," he said. "At a World Cup, you want that in your pocket."

themissinglink
AG
As a Celtic fan, it's nice to see CCV getting his shot with the national team again. He's been great this year. He's got mid-table Premier League suitors for next year, and it's hard to believe the USMNT is in a position to turn that level of talent down.
boogieman
AG
Well, these are the rumored kits for the World Cup. Blah.
Legal Custodian
AG
I hope that's not true. Maybe the warmup kits? Hopefully
JJxvi
Out in Left Field
AG
So uninspired
DeangeloVickers
AG
Why change the current kits.

Those are terrible...I did just buy a polo and it kind of looks like blue kit
carl spacklers hat
boogieman said:

Well, these are the rumored kits for the World Cup. Blah.

Did an intern pick the unis?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
JJxvi
AG
The home is what I come to expect from the unimaginative dullards that believe in "clean, classic, England, a white tee shirt!" or whatever. But that away…my god that's one of the worst I've ever seen. Surely not real…
Mathguy64
AG
White shirts take years of design experience. I mean you gotta select the perfect shade of white. Not brilliant. Not off. Right in between.
aggiephoenix02
For real. That away jersey is completely uninspiring. Nike sucks, we need to switch back to Adidas…
Kampfers
AG
Can all but guarantee you that at least 7-8 other Nike countries have the exact same uniforms with slight color variations. Gross
fig96
AG
Which means 8 or so countries will just have…shirts.
Dre_00
On the plus side, those awful kits work very well with that awful badge.
deadbq03
AG
Sky blue should never be used.
jeffk
AG
Kampfers said:

Can all but guarantee you that at least 7-8 other Nike countries have the exact same uniforms with slight color variations. Gross

This has always been my biggest complaint with Nike - they put the bare minimum of effort into national team kit design. They have their template and just plug flag colors into it and slap the crest on and you have your WC kits for the year. Other companies seem to really take pride in design and creating unique looking kits for the nations they outfit (Puma especially, but also adidas).
schmendeler
AG
This might be the blandest **** I've ever seen
Ag Since 83
AG
I swear they keep coming up with different ways to have horizontal stripes so they can say "see, it's not the Waldos but it's like the Waldos!"
JJxvi
AG
I think these are likely replicas or even fan made hopefully. There is a more official looking home shirt mockup out there, so I suspect that is possibly accurate, but this version is not the same. The swoosh on the right breast is actually where the front number is located on the one claiming to be demonstration of the concept and colors. It only has the nike logo on the sleeves. So hopefully that away is just someone's putrid guess based on the leaked home version and possibly both are just recreations of an old leak.

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/5327519477083961912/

akm91
AG
Excited to see CCV and Wright get camp invites. I'm really curious who Berhalter is referencing:

Quote:

Berhalter also said he is looking to extend a first-time invitation to a young dual national who has yet to play at the senior level. He declined to identify the player or position.

Anyone has inside knowledge?
JJxvi
AG
akm91 said:

Excited to see CCV and Wright get camp invites. I'm really curious who Berhalter is referencing:

Quote:

Berhalter also said he is looking to extend a first-time invitation to a young dual national who has yet to play at the senior level. He declined to identify the player or position.

Anyone has inside knowledge?

No inside knowledge, but its rumored to be Bayern forward Malik Tillman.
TRM
AG
Speaking of dual nationals,Cade Cowell is getting Mexican citizenship and may represent them.
akm91
AG
Totally forgot about him! That could be an interesting addition to the player pool. Hope he doesn't have to carry the Julian Green baggage though as he's currently a Bayern player.
akm91
AG
TRM said:

Speaking of dual nationals,Cade Cowell is getting Mexican citizenship and may represent them.
Cowell doesn't seem to fit their player profile does it? He doesn't seem to be as technical as the typical Mexican players but he is more athletic. Interesting to track how this goes.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

Kampfers said:

This has always been my biggest complaint with Nike - they put the bare minimum of effort into national team kit design. They have their template and just plug flag colors into it and slap the crest on and you have your WC kits for the year. Other companies seem to really take pride in design and creating unique looking kits for the nations they outfit (Puma especially, but also adidas).
Unless you're Nigeria.

jeffk
AG
Yeah, they seem to be the exception... but also it didn't used to be that way. It'd be interesting to see what changed that allowed them to get something unique from Nike.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/02/full-nigeria-kit-history-1949-2020.html
Pahdz
I do like that the home kit includes navy shorts. Throwback of sorts
jeffk
AG
So Miles Robinson got hurt today. Reaching pet heads falling off levels of injuries now.
Legal Custodian
AG
Rumor is Achilles

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.