* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

163,625 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Can just left the F16 there? Thank you.

Really though, this is the thread to have these types of discussions. The other group and game threads handle the actual competitions of the event.
deadbq03
AG
Do you think Wahl expected to get away with it?

Outrage over response is part of protest. You protest, then there's backlash, and then you say "see - it really is a problem." You don't just lie down and take it.
tysker
AG
i'm done with that topic today but fwiw, we have F16 content threads here often but without the F16 hubris and pseudo-intellectual BS. Frankly, this is my safe place for actual adult conversation on topics that effect the politics of soccer
akm91
AG
It's not a protest when the gov't has publicly said it was ok. He wore it to see if it truly was ok, but apparently not at the local level.
TXCityAggie
AG
Does anyone have a link (Youtube or other) for a stream of the USA match? I'm trying to connect with Fox Sports through my VPN but the internet is just not good down here today and with the VPN it's not working.
akm91
AG
If you can set your country to UK with your VPN, then you can stream it for free either through BBC or ITV.
Rudyjax
AG
quick....

Landon Donovan, Cari Lloyd, and Clint Dempsey on the TV.

How many National team goals have they scored?
agdoc2001
AG
Stolen from f16

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pahdz
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

Higher

Hint: Lloyd has more than Dempsey and Donovan combined.
Pahdz
I knew she did, just didn't know it was THAT much

Two fiddy?
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

I knew she did, just didn't know it was THAT much

Two fiddy?
On the nose.

Rudyjax
AG
Anyone watching Messi at 3am tomorrow?
gambochaman
AG
Yes

4am for me
gougler08
AG

Just a joke at this point
ColoradoMooseHerd
agdoc2001 said:

Stolen from f16

Agree this is true bravery. You may not see some of them ever again after the World Cup.
Rudyjax
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

agdoc2001 said:

Stolen from f16

Agree this is true bravery. You may not see some of them ever again after the World Cup.
Really sad.
ColoradoMooseHerd
gougler08 said:

Just a joke at this point
Would like to see one of the players get a love tattoo and see what they do
gambochaman
AG
Fifa = cowards
ColoradoMooseHerd
New Reports coming out of them not letting people into the fan zones. Videos of the police holding hands and not letting them pass
Rudyjax
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

New Reports coming out of them not letting people into the fan zones. Videos of the police holding hands and not letting them pass

Lol.
Thunder18
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Sounds pretty...gay
TXCityAggie
AG
Attending a World Cup is a bucket list activity that I hope to do someday. There is no way in hell I would waste it on a trip to Qatar. I'm hoping South America gets the 2030 cup and I can go then.
gambochaman
AG
TXCityAggie said:

Attending a World Cup is a bucket list activity that I hope to do someday. There is no way in hell I would waste it on a trip to Qatar. I'm hoping South America gets the 2030 cup and I can go then.

Its here in the US in 26
ChipFTAC01
AG
TXCityAggie said:

The Argentina/Uruguay cup would be cool but as they keep adding countries it really spreads it out. Sad that the UK bid died for 30. Would have been easy to pop around.

Wish I would have gone to Germany or south Africa.
TXCityAggie
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

TXCityAggie said:

The Argentina/Uruguay cup would be cool but as they keep adding countries it really spreads it out. Sad that the UK bid died for 30. Would have been easy to pop around.

Wish I would have gone to Germany or south Africa.
The Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay/Chile bid makes sense given the 100th anniversary, but I'm still holding out hope for the Colombia/Peru/Ecuador bid. Either would be a great atmosphere.

I guess the days of single country bids are long gone. Personally, I like it. It gives more countries the opportunity to host and eases the financial pressure.
gambochaman
AG
Going forward bids should go to countries with the stadium infrastructure in place to host immediately…maybe some minor upgrades/renovations

This bullcrap we'll build 12 stadiums in 10 years crap is ridiculous
La Bamba
AG
Argentina has a lot at home that needs fixing before thinking about hosting a WC. That place is on the verge of submerging back to a barter economy. Pity cause it's a beautiful country.
agsalaska
AG
gambochaman said:

Going forward bids should go to countries with the stadium infrastructure in place to host immediately…maybe some minor upgrades/renovations

I mostly agree. I think what Brazil and Germany did building a bunch of new stadiums made sense because those new stadiums would be used in the domestic leagues. Here at home we have gone through several stadium pushes at different times in all major sports. What better than the WC as a reason in most nations.

But the city infrastructure and demand for the new stadium needs to already exist in order to bid. All of these brand new stadiums in Qatar is just senseless.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
gambochaman
AG
agsalaska said:

gambochaman said:

I mostly agree. I think what Brazil and Germany did building a bunch of new stadiums made sense because those new stadiums would be used in the domestic leagues. Here at home we have gone through several stadium pushes at different times in all major sports. What better than the WC as a reason in most nations.

But the city infrastructure and demand for the new stadium needs to already exist in order to bid. All of these brand new stadiums in Qatar is just senseless.

Fax

Not to mention hosting fans in gdamn plastic tents because there are no hotels
themissinglink
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Stolen from f16

tysker
AG
agsalaska said:

gambochaman said:

FIFA knew this before the Brazil and South African WCs but putting the WC in well established countries continued to look like favoritism and elitism. I think FIFA wanted to use the WC as a hand up for those host countries and get some political points as well, not realizing that other countries (like Russia and Qatar) would use the same strategy for their our gain.
deadbq03
AG
TXCityAggie
AG
gambochaman said:

TXCityAggie said:

Its here in the US in 26
I don't live in the US. I really want another South America WC.
ColoradoMooseHerd
tysker said:

agsalaska said:

gambochaman said:

FIFA knew this before the Brazil and South African WCs but putting the WC in well established countries continued to look like favoritism and elitism. I think FIFA wanted to use the WC as a hand up for those host countries and get some political points as well, not realizing that other countries (like Russia and Qatar) would use the same strategy for their our gain.
You are giving FIFA way too much credit. They wanted bribes and did not care if Russia and Qatar used the WC for their own financial gain. FIFA has been a very corrupt organization.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.