* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

163,619 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OregonAggie said:

I'd watch the Aggies instead. Now if it were Liverpool vs USMNT vs Ags?

Liverpool without a doubt

USMNT is my team. I only follow players.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Leaving Doha now.

Amazing experience. Yes, there was disorganization. Yes, there were wtf is going on. However, it being the very first tournament put on by the region and culture it was pretty dang awesome.

Interactions with the other countries were what made it so unique and special for me. Especially Iran. I never met anyone who currently lived in Iran, but they were so nice, very much against what was going on in their country all the while still proud to be Iranian.

From the airport, the museums, the restaurants, the malls and the list goes on awhile they were all jaw dropping. Lavish is an understatement. Hell, the overpasses were amazing.

The stadiums were incredible, especially Al Bayt. I got to see two matches there and just wow an oasis in the middle of the desert.

All the stadiums were open roof, and they all had AC. Air conditioned stadiums outdoors. A couple had ac vents under your seat. My dad would've been furious. Close the damn door, you're letting all the cold air out.

5 days. 7 matches.
oh no
AG
Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it!
deadbq03
AG
Glad you had a great trip. I had a bit of a change of heart about this WC almost immediately after games began… or perhaps it's more accurate to say that I realized that there's a huge silver lining to all the bad (though this doesn't justify the bad). And you touched on it - I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that this WC probably features more visitors from Islamic countries than other WC's due to its location… and I firmly believe it's a very good thing when cultures can have positive interactions with each other. If Tunisians and Saudis and Iranians can meet Westerners and both can come away feeling respectful of the other, that's a really good thing.

Again - I don't think the means justify the ends, but since the ship has sailed and the unfortunate means have already happened, I am glad to see that the world is still coming together here and weaving together something decent out of the pile of poo that got us here. Thanks for being a good ambassador for us.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tunisia filled the stadium the match I saw them in Education City, below is a sign every spectator saw when leaving.

This was my 3rd trip to the middle east. I feel more safe in Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, and Qatar than I do in the US.

Another fun interaction I had was with the workers. Uber drivers, metro workers, wait staff, etc.
I asked all of them... How long the had been in Qatar? And if they enjoyed their time.
Most were from Bangladesh and Pakistan. All of them said they were glad to be in Qatar and not home.
PatAg
AG

This person is part of the problem, imo.
She seemingly covers the Serie A for a living, and has the nerve to put this tweet out.
Or is incredibly dense, and is geniuinely asking.
Either way, it's bad
wangus12
AG
Lol what. It's a sports fan thing. English fans are furious right now with Southgate because they belive he ****ed up not play Foden today
La Bamba
AG
Speaking of Iranians - met two Iranian girls in one of the Gulf countries a few years ago. They were dressed in Western clothing and holy heck were they smoking hot. I hear Tehran has beautiful women.
aggiephoenix02
This is true…
This message brought to you by the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President.
Furlock Bones
AG
PatAg said:

She seemingly covers the Serie A for a living, and has the nerve to put this tweet out.
Either way, it's bad

She really sounds like an idiot on this and check out her interactions regarding that tweet. Truly doubling down on her stupidity.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
La Bamba said:

Speaking of Iranians - met two Iranian girls in one of the Gulf countries a few years ago. They were dressed in Western clothing and holy heck were they smoking hot. I hear Tehran has beautiful women.

Persian women can be hot, like most different ethnicities, religions, and so on.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
LeonardSkinner
Furlock Bones said:

PatAg said:

Either way, it's bad

She really sounds like an idiot on this and check out her interactions regarding that tweet. Truly doubling down on her stupidity.

She played everyone. She's a low level media personality, with only 18500 followers, and now she's got people talking about her.
Furlock Bones
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Furlock Bones said:

PatAg said:

Either way, it's bad

She played everyone. She's a low level media personality, with only 18500 followers, and now she's got people talking about her.

You're probably right.
LeonardSkinner
Furlock Bones said:

LeonardSkinner said:

Furlock Bones said:

PatAg said:

Either way, it's bad

You're probably right.

Of course I am.

Now follow my social media accounts for more insight, wisdom, and breaking news.
OasisMan
AG
La Bamba said:

My neighbors are Persian

Yes, their daughters are pretty good looking
Rudyjax
AG
This just in, people are beautiful from all over the world.

Persians, Africans, Asians….

LeonardSkinner
TTIWWOP
tysker
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

This just in, people are beautiful from all over the world.

Persians, Africans, Asians….

Even at WalMart if rare
jeffk
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

TTIWWOP

Start your own WC hotties thread. Don't get our tourney thread locked.
agsalaska
AG
I would like to say that I kind of like the WC being this time of year. I thought I wouldn't but the timing seems pretty good.

Not that I want a permanent switch or anything. But I have no problem with it if necessary
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
La Bamba
AG
agsalaska said:

I would like to say that I kind of like the WC being this time of year. I thought I wouldn't but the timing seems pretty good.

Not that I want a permanent switch or anything. But I have no problem with it if necessary

It's perfect this time of year if the Ags suck balls. The World Cup could not have come at a better time in a better year.
aggiephoenix02
Word…
agsalaska
AG
That could be what it is. Unfortunately
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
fig96
AG
I didn't even know what day LSU was till I looked it up.
PatAg
AG
Summer is much better, dead zone for sports and its nicer outside
aggiephoenix02
PatAg said:

Summer is much better, dead zone for sports and its nicer outside
Exactly why the Cup now is better, Summer is the perfect time to be outside and doing hobbies and such.

But NOW, is the perfect time to be inside watching sports…
htxag09
AG
For the actual players, isn't it no contest that summer is better? Less disruption in seasons?
Pahdz
Maybe all along instead of asking MLS to adjust to the world's soccer calendar, everyone should adjust to MLS.

I know it'd never happen but I wouldn't hate it
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

Maybe all along instead of asking MLS to adjust to the world's soccer calendar, everyone should adjust to MLS.

I know it'd never happen but I wouldn't hate it
I love the worlds soccer schedule. Early morning matches, then football. There's literally only a few weeks break.

Pahdz
Wouldn't it make sense for the break to be during winter? I get what you're saying too, just thinking outside the box.
agsalaska
AG
htxag09 said:

For the actual players, isn't it no contest that summer is better? Less disruption in seasons?

I don't know. For a lot of them they are coming off big title races, cup finals, etc.

Not sure it matters one way or another to them. Interesting to hear their perspective on it after it's over.
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

Wouldn't it make sense for the break to be during winter? I get what you're saying too, just thinking outside the box.

I love it. It's almost year round. I love the summer International events.
Agthatbuilds

Wow. These numbers are right in line with most of the nfl games and just about double the WORLD SERIES

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-numbers/

Quote:

Amazon Prime, Thursday Night Football Ravens vs Buccaneers
ESPN, Monday Night Football Bengals vs Browns, 11.3 million avg. viewers, 6.2 rating
NBC, Sunday Night Football Packers vs Bills, 19.62 million, 10.6 rating
FOX, Sunday afternoon 49ers vs Rams/Giants vs Seahawks 24.93 million, 12.6 rating
Fox, Sunday early game Bears vs Cowboys 11.94 million, 6.3 rating
In comparison, many of the World Series games on FOX have struggled to match or top regular-season NFL games.

FOX, World Series Game 3 11.16 million avg. viewers
FOX, World Series Game 2 10.99 million avg. viewers
FOX, World Series Game 1 11.48 million avg. viewers
tysker
AG
Yikes that is low. Fox cannot be happy with that figure
MookieBlaylock
AG
I would like to congratulate CR for removing themselves from the chase for last
After 2 matches
Qatar is the lead Camel
Mexico and their burro chasing hard
Whales sneaking in at 3rd

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.