* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

160,223 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Croatia's is nice as well as Germany and Mexico. I kinda like Spain's as well.
KCup17
AG
Yeah.. which to me is dumb but thats Brits for ya.
Forum Troll
AG
Why is USA practice jersey the only one with a big ugly sponsor on the front?
jeffk
AG
I'd bet the others do as well in their final iteration. Most of those pictures are from the Nike/adidas releases of the other nation's gear. For whatever reason the VW branding is already on the US shirt.
OregonAggie
AG
akm91 said:

Croatia's is nice as well as Germany and Mexico. I kinda like Spain's as well.

Add Japan to the list. Portugal's is horrendous as is ours. The USA's looks like a 4 year old hippie kid designed it.
Rudyjax
AG
Even his American teammate hate him.

Jason_Ag98
AG
Apologies if this was posted already but I didn't see it. Watke is always solid for me.

Rudyjax
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Apologies if this was posted already but I didn't see it. Watke is always solid for me.

Watke is amzingly.
deadbq03
AG
That would've been a lot funnier yesterday.

Thanks for sharing.
Bryan98
AG
Since I'm not buying one of the Nike abortions this year, I rolled the dice for $20 on a dhgate replica of the '94 Denim Kit. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
schmendeler
AG
Twitter seems pretty unimpressed with the managerial decision making of berhalter. Is this world cup going to be pretty disappointing?
wangus12
AG
Yes
jeffk
AG
schmendeler said:

Twitter seems pretty unimpressed with the managerial decision making of berhalter. Is this world cup going to be pretty disappointing?

I mean we're not going to win it…

Seriously though I expect us to get out of group. That's about it. If our big names all start clicking together, we might win a knockout game or two.
wangus12
AG
On the bright side England looked absolutely terrible today and the English want Southgate gone as much as we want Berhalter out.

Iran are gonna win this group aren't they
OregonAggie
AG
schmendeler said:

Only if you let it. I'm going to enjoy watching all the different teams compete with various styles of play…and I'll watch us play in our 3 games. That's all this side is going to get.
schmendeler
AG
I'll be content with getting out of group. On paper that should be pretty easy, i would think.
Bryan98
AG
wangus12 said:

On the bright side England looked absolutely terrible today and the English want Southgate gone as much as we want Berhalter out.

Iran are gonna win this group aren't they

The English who want Southgate gone are similar to the Americans who hate Berhalter; they're both ignoring the historically excellent results they've put up when it matters.

Southgate, especially, has gotten their squad to the semis of a World Cup and the finals of a Euro. That's elite performance. Tournaments are wacky, tiny sample size things, and these are single elimination after the group stage. The best team usually doesn't win. One bad day and you're done.
jeffk
AG
I predict this is Southgate's last tournament leading England… unless they win the whole thing anyway.
i is smart
AG
Bryan98 said:

Since I'm not buying one of the Nike abortions this year, I rolled the dice for $20 on a dhgate replica of the '94 Denim Kit. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

I saw a bunch of Lalas '94 kits on there. What number did you get?
Bryan98
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

Bryan98 said:

I saw a bunch of Lalas '94 kits on there. What number did you get?

I got Lalas, but the one I ordered from had a bunch of players of that era ready to go, or would do custom.
PatAg
AG
OregonAggie said:

schmendeler said:

Only if you let it. I'm going to enjoy watching all the different teams compete with various styles of play…and I'll watch us play in our 3 games. That's all this side is going to get.
Looking forward to bringing this back up
jeffk
AG
I would be extremely happy about being wrong in predicting we only get 3-4 games this WC.
JJxvi
AG
We only ever get 3-4 games…
deadbq03
AG
Except when we manage to get 5.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
England looked listless yesterday. We might get out of our group. We might even get a lucky break for the round of 16. But there's no way we can luck our way past that.
jeffk
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

England looked listless yesterday. We might get out of our group. We might even get a lucky break for the round of 16. But there's no way we can luck our way past that.

Teams can click unexpectedly in tournaments (and they can also fall completely apart). If Musa, Reyna, CP, a forward yet to be named, Adams (basically our midfield and attacking players) all gel and start scoring goals in bunches, I think we could get to the semifinals.

I know that's a huge stretch from what we saw yesterday, but the potential is there. I think our defense is good enough to hold their own and keep us in games, but mustering a dangerous attack is something we're lacking currently but could emerge on short notice.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Problem I have is that I deluded myself into thinking we would actually see that (or the makings of it) in these warm up matches. I guess you never really know.
jeffk
AG
Oh, I'm 100% setting myself up for disappointment (again). That's my MO for sports though.
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

OregonAggie said:

schmendeler said:

Looking forward to bringing this back up
I'm completely fine eating crow if need be, that's what happens sometimes when making predictions, but this coach and squad gives me little to look forward to.
Bryan98
AG
Funny you say it like that. This squad is obviously all about looking forward to 2026, when we'll be playing at home. And they're doing way better than our more veteran squad that failed to qualify for 2018.

I absolutely believe they could make some noise this year, but 2026 is definitely part of the plan.
OregonAggie
AG
When I'm saying "looking forward" I mean the World Cup in 2 months. This roster is young, has a coach that either looks great or like a complete idiot, and also no one worth a damn at CB.

2026 isn't even in my mind, which sure we project to have talent and experience at that point. We couldn't keep Japan's offense under wraps…good luck against a talented England team and a Gareth Bale led Welsh team. Hell Iran isn't a sure win for us.

I think it's panic time right now and I'm unsure how anyone can look at this current squad and think they'll do well in this World Cup.
Bryan98
AG
I knew what you meant, that's why it was "funny" you phrased it like that; otherwise it would have just been straightforward.

I don't think one friendly means anything. Don't let them get you too high or too low. This group has done great when it matters. I'm bullish on the actual tournament.
PatAg
AG
OregonAggie said:

When I'm saying "looking forward" I mean the World Cup in 2 months. This roster is young, has a coach that either looks great or like a complete idiot, and also no one worth a damn at CB.

2026 isn't even in my mind, which sure we project to have talent and experience at that point. We couldn't keep Japan's offense under wraps…good luck against a talented England team and a Gareth Bale led Welsh team. Hell Iran isn't a sure win for us.

I think it's panic time right now and I'm unsure how anyone can look at this current squad and think they'll do well in this World Cup.
Congratulations on overreacting to one game
jeffk
AG
Mexico won a pretty boring match vs Peru 1-0 last night in California. Chucky scored off a corner late in the game.
DeangeloVickers
AG
jeffk said:

Mexico won a pretty boring match vs Peru 1-0 last night in California. Chucky scored off a corner late in the game.
Take it to the flopping dos y cero board!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.