* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

163,636 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why does the crow have 3 legs?
akm91
AG
Haven't found a reason behind it other than the creator did it.
Texaggie7nine
akm91 said:

Haven't found a reason behind it other than the creator did it.
I mean, don't put yourself out or anything....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-legged_crow
7nine
akm91
AG
I didn't take more than 5 seconds
Aston94
AG
So September opponents will be Japan and Saudi Arabia. Not bad matchups considering that the European teams have all decided that playing a Nations League tournament is more important than World Cup prep.
jessexy
AG
Jim01 said:

Yeah what the hell is that? Atlanta is central?

Also where is Becky G come from? Neither me nor my kids really know her from much other than Encanto, but sometime in the last year she struck a deal with the devil and is every commercial under the planet and just appears as a personality on everything!

Becky G is a Mexican-American singer. Lives in LA with her soccer "star" boyfriend and fringe USMNT Sebastian Lleget. (Yes I know he plays in New England now). She's connected to the soccer world and has done promo stuff for MLS and the LA WC bid. there's your connection
akm91
AG
Aston94 said:

So September opponents will be Japan and Saudi Arabia. Not bad matchups considering that the European teams have all decided that playing a Nations League tournament is more important than World Cup prep.
More like UEFA decided making $$$ is more important than letting their national teams get ready for WC prep.
TXCityAggie
AG
jessexy said:

Jim01 said:

Yeah what the hell is that? Atlanta is central?

Also where is Becky G come from? Neither me nor my kids really know her from much other than Encanto, but sometime in the last year she struck a deal with the devil and is every commercial under the planet and just appears as a personality on everything!

Becky G is a Mexican-American singer. Lives in LA with her soccer "star" boyfriend and fringe USMNT Sebastian Lleget. (Yes I know he plays in New England now). She's connected to the soccer world and has done promo stuff for MLS and the LA WC bid. there's your connection

She's been extremely popular in Latin America for several years now.
DeangeloVickers
AG
26 players squads have been cleared (up from 23)
deadbq03
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Should provide good depth for when half the squad gets arrested for having extra-marital sex.
akm91
AG
Other than Zimmerman and Long, I can't think of anyone else on the team is married.
deadbq03
AG
I'm counting on half of them being good Christians and keeping it in their pants for a month.
DeangeloVickers
AG
deadbq03 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Should provide good depth for when half the squad gets arrested for having extra-marital sex.

I volunteer to be McKennie's chaperone
deadbq03
AG
We should petition Congress to provide a confiscated Russian oligarch's yacht to sit in international waters for USMNT conjugal visits.

I feel like we would win on many levels if we could pull it off.
Bryan98
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

deadbq03 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I volunteer to be McKennie's chaperone

Damn it, you beat me to the McKennie joke. The only question is whether he'll last long enough to play the second group stage game.
akm91
AG
At least there's no "bubble" for Weston to worry about
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
akm91 said:

Other than Zimmerman and Long, I can't think of anyone else on the team is married.

Turner, I think.
deadbq03
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

akm91 said:

Turner, I think.
Meh. Backup. Who cares.

/ggg

akm91
AG
That's right. Totally forgot he's having a baby in UK. That kid better represent the US
Rudyjax
AG
This made me lol.

PatAg
AG
https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4690240/usmnts-gregg-berhalter-talks-world-cup-2022-and-2026mls-players-going-to-europe-too-early

Some good quotes in this article
Coaching a national team is a different animal to working at club level. Outside of major tournaments, you see your players a couple of times a year -- for just a few days at a time -- and the focus, inevitably, is on matches, not training.
"That was the biggest learning curve right there," he says. "When I took the job, I was intent on building a strong culture within the team. And people said you can't do that. I disagree with that, but obviously, from a playing-style standpoint, you have to get back to basics and keep everything really simple, because you have no time to train. That's been one of the biggest things I've learned since taking the job."
DeangeloVickers
AG
Anyone score tickets today?
Rudyjax
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Anyone score tickets today?
For Qatar? No.

Please tell me it's for Qatar.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Yes. But I would register for FIFa account to be on top of it. There have numerous drawings and it has been very complicated
PatAg
AG
I don't think Id want my first World Cup experience to be at this one in Qatar.
deadbq03
AG
Amen. I'm saving my money for 2026.
txam92
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Yes. But I would register for FIFa account to be on top of it. There have numerous drawings and it has been very complicated

And this is the way it has been for several World Cups so it's good to know the process
jeffk
AG
lulz

Mathguy64
AG
I thought they had agreed that it would be sold.

Guess not.

There are going to be a lot of pissed off Qataris who were planning on being a little freer with their lifestyle for a month.
jeffk
AG
Just sneak your own flask in. What's the worst that could happen?
Mathguy64
AG
Nothing much. Cut off your hand. Put you in jail for who knows how long. Hold your passport and make you build a building for them as an indentured servant.

Biggest bribe ever continues to keep on giving.
Mathguy64
AG
I just love the line in the article that says a designated "sandy plot" off the side of a hotel will be made available as a designating drinking area.
Rudyjax
AG
Pulsic is not happy about Rovell reporting the news.

PatAg
AG
Is there a greater than zero chance that they just change countries to something like England, Germany, France, or the US?
Mathguy64
AG
4 months out? After that bribe? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.