* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

163,666 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

IDK. These still look like training gear to me. Especially since the white top is long sleeve in the video.

I don't think they sell training tops for $110 bucks. Training gear is usually in the 60s.
jeffk
AG
I'm trying to maintain my hopeful disposition.
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

I'm trying to maintain my hopeful disposition.

Nike 3D Chess:
1) Leak something confusing in powder blue.
2) Leak something godawful in dark blue tie-dye.
3) Leak something boring in white.
4) Actually release Waldo's and sell a billion of them.
wangus12
AG
As they say, its the hope that kills you
jeffk
AG
YUGE blow for El Tri.

Rudyjax
AG
jeffk
AG
Nike's gotta cave. Keep the hate flowing.

PatAg
AG
Its actually great that a few of the players are willing to say something on this.
PatAg
AG
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-u-s-soccer-federation-soccer-united-marketing-park-stories-and-h-wood-media-
PatAg
AG
I could be talked into this if we gotta go a form of tie dye

jeffk
AG
Interesting...

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I bet they try to set this up as some kind of espn big special, but the federation leaks the roster and everyone knows it before the cameras roll.
texagbeliever
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I bet they try to set this up as some kind of espn big special, but the federation leaks the roster and everyone knows it before the cameras roll.
Nothing more exciting then finding out who makes the final 3 roster spots and play less than 30 minutes during the whole tournament.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

Nike's gotta cave. Keep the hate flowing.

If I was Nike, I'd back track and get a redesign done off something you know works like the Waldo's. Get them marketed and released.

I'm sure they've already produced a decent number of those ugly kits for sale and what they should do is slowly let them trickle out to outlet stores after the WC. People will end up buying them for the pure novelty of it being the failed design for the World Cup.
Mr. White
I know it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I'd love to have the designers on camera explaining why they can never get it right...what's going through their minds?
Out in Left Field
AG
Looks like a bad hockey sweater!
PatAg
AG

PatAg
AG

This guy has done great concept kits for the Mavericks in the past, as well as US Soccer.
He said he plans on creating a few more, should be fun to look at.
He also does graphic design for a living, which is nice.
We'll never get the uniforms of course,

From 2 weeks ago too
ChipFTAC01
AG
Let's trade ***** ing about poor kit design to *****ing about human rights abuse

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/tim-sparv-finland-world-cup-2022-qatar-soccer
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

This guy has done great concept kits for the Mavericks in the past, as well as US Soccer.
He said he plans on creating a few more, should be fun to look at.
He also does graphic design for a living, which is nice.
We'll never get the uniforms of course,

Follow up, haven't seen this design idea before
jeffk
AG
Looks like adidas and Puma are dropping a lot of their WC uniforms and warm-up gear today. Some pretty blah designs from Puma and a couple nice ones from adidas. I like this Mexico kit:

deadbq03
AG
The German home kit looks like it belongs to Juve.

KCup17
AG
The Mexico kit is sensational. The puma kits that were just released are some of the worst WC kits I've ever seen. Including the leaked USMNT kits. They are dreadful.
deadbq03
AG
I agree. The Mexico kit is perhaps a top kit 10 of all time at any level. Brilliant design.
jeffk
AG
KCup17 said:

The Mexico kit is sensational. The puma kits that were just released are some of the worst WC kits I've ever seen. Including the leaked USMNT kits. They are dreadful.

Which is so wild to me because Puma has been the only brand we could count on to actually do more than the bare minimum for 90% of their national team kits. Now they're going with slight variations on a template? Otherwise known as "pulling a Nike." Just disappointing.
KCup17
AG
I'll never forget when they released those 3rd kits last year for City, Dortmund and BMG that all looked like training tops. We knew that Puma was capable of wildly under delivering. But this was very surprising for a National Team. Let alone a World Cup jersey.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, their club stuff is usually underwhelming, but their NT kits have been pretty outstanding. I'm still hoping that the fact that we haven't seen any Nike official releases is that they are scrapping and redoing all their WC kits.
akm91
AG
I love how Tacos is in the background of the El Tri photo
jeffk
AG
There was another picture in another tweet with the jersey laid across a big stack of glass coke and fanta bottles. I guess the Mexico fed okayed them, but tread lightly there adidas...
KCup17
AG
I really hope so.
akm91
AG
Looks to be a sponsor, Ricos Tacos, when you look at the full image. The cropping makes it look just unflattering.
Furlock Bones
AG
Looks like adidas has won the WC kit contest. LLL tri away kit dropped and it is awesome. Nike and Puma kits are trash.
jeffk
AG
Here's all the adidas WC kits - https://www.adidas.com/us/fifa_world_cup

PatAg
AG

I'd buy this one
JJxvi
AG
dislike

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.