Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Stronglifts 5x5. Anyone followed this program?

264,342 Views | 1769 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Iowaggie
Post removed:
by user
Jetpilot86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Suck it up and go.
Post removed:
by user
Jetpilot86
AG
I'm a pilot. Same drama, different metal.
Farmer1906
AG
Then don't just do the bar. To me it was hilariously light so I started higher & added more than what was recommended a few times.
beanbean
End of week 19 for me last night. I benched 190 lbs. at 5X5. Huge deal for me since my goal for the last couple of months was to get to 185lbs on BP. When I started this, I was tested to see what my max was on BP at 5X5 and I could only do 120lbs back then. New goal is 205lbs.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
End of week 19 for me last night. I benched 190 lbs. at 5X5. Huge deal for me since my goal for the last couple of months was to get to 185lbs on BP. When I started this, I was tested to see what my max was on BP at 5X5 and I could only do 120lbs back then. New goal is 205lbs.
Just wait until you get to 2 plates. You'll feel accomplished. It just looks good.
Aggie_buster
AG
quote:
Nice.

Workout #5 down for me.
beanbean
Went to my niece's highschool graduation tonight and had alot of my family members there who mostly hadn't seen me since Christmas when I was as out of shape as I've ever been. That was about 2 weeks before I started Stronglifts. Anyway, everyone was like "wow, what have you been doing? You look great!" Tons of compliments and people wanting me to explain my workouts to them. It all felt good.
Aggie_buster
AG
#6 down.
shano0603
AG
quote:
I'm a pilot. Same drama, different metal.
But what do you fly?
Jetpilot86
AG
747's. Today India, tomorrow Germany, Friday Hong Kong.
-Signature Photo Below-

Never Fear, Never Quit.
Aggie_buster
AG
#7.
K Bo
AG

190 squat
140 bench
110 row

took two weeks off end April/early May for wedding/honeymoon. I feel like I'm finally catching my stride again on squat.
TommyGun
AG
#35 for me.

Current numbers are:

215 Squat
195 Bench
95 OHP
120 BOR
245 DL

I can feel that wall approaching on a few of my lifts, so it's pretty critical for me not to miss a workout during this time. My performance and future gains at this point are mostly dependent on my diet, recovery, and not missing a workout. The easy gains are starting to dry up on bench and squat specifically. My body sure knows whenever I miss a workout or two one week and then try to make it up the following.

OHP has continued to be a bit of a struggle for me. I changed up my approach to it last week and altered my grip and stance quite a bit. That has helped and I'm feeling better about it. Everybody has that one lift they struggle with, I suppose.

With that said, I'm having a lot more fun in the gym now as opposed to when I started. Each workout is a real challenge now and I enjoy pushing myself. Like a lot of people I hardly broke a sweat during the first half of all my workouts, so it's nice going in to the gym and having to be focused and energized in order to complete all of my lifts.
Aggie_buster
AG
#8 down.
747Ag
AG
quote:
747's. Today India, tomorrow Germany, Friday Hong Kong.
-400? -8? Earlier minor model?
Jetpilot86
AG
-400F and BCF
747Ag
AG
quote:
-400F and BCF
Excellent! It was a privilege to work on those planes (electrical power systems).
Post removed:
by user
Jetpilot86
AG
Oh, you didn't deload like they recommended.

Been there, done that.
Post removed:
by user
StringerBell
AG
i hate deloading. i tweaked my ankle so i took the week off of working out.

really dreading having to deload next week.
Jetpilot86
AG
Ah. Worst I ever felt was after taking a long break and not deloading enough. Hurt for 3-4 days.
Post removed:
by user
Jetpilot86
AG
Last time i started over, i started at the bottom and went up by 10lbs until it got hard again.

I also would multi set until i couldnt do that either
10andBOUNCE
AG
Got a month to month membership at a gym today and plan to start the program again on Monday. Will be nice to get out of the garage during the hot months.
riverrataggie
AG
Just started this. Was in a rut, sore and its helping with overall joint fatigue by hitting reset in a way. Love it.

Squat - 175
OP - 125
DL - 235
Bench - 165
Row - 150
aggiespartan
AG
Just started today. 108lb female first time lifting.
First workout:
35lb squat
35lb bench
40lb row
K Bo
AG
Yesterday was my most difficult squat day to date. I'm thinking it was likely fatigue from staying up to watch the end of the baseball game, but I was not pleased with the workout. I was able to muscle out all 5 sets of 5 but felt like my form was pretty poor on the last couple reps of the last two sets. Tomorrow I will likely not increase, or might even de-load, to get that form back in check.

Workouts #29 & #30

Squat 5x5 210lb
Bench 5x5 150lb
Barbell Row 5x5 120lb
OHP 5x5 105lb
Deadlift 1x5 210lb

BW = 152lbs

aggiespartan
AG
Are you doing all five exercises each workout? I'm following the program on the app, and it's having me only do 3 different exercises at a time.
Jetpilot86
AG
based on his post, it looks like it was the results of two workouts done separately, listed together.
aggiespartan
AG
quote:
based on his post, it looks like it was the results of two workouts done separately, listed together.
Totally missed that. Sorry.
AggieChemE09
AG
Today was a good day!

SQ - 305
OHP - 160
DL - 375
Jetpilot86
AG
no worries

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.