Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

243,691 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Diggity
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

Man, that sucks big balls. Hopefully your insurance company will pay for a new replacement since it was a 2023.

Something I keep scratching my head about is how these cars with all the modern security systems are still stolen. Guess I'm not smart enough to be a thief.
I've said it before and it's a bit tin foil hat of me.....but what's the incentive for manufacturers to make it harder to steal these cars?

I knew 3 people who had Tahoes and a Silverado stolen in a span of a week. It was the same for all 3 of them, cut the horn, broke in, alarm was going off but no horn so no audio alarm, then drove away within 5 or so minutes and quickly disabled On Star. All 3 replaced it with a new Tahoe or Silverado.

My brother had his 2023 GMC Denali truck stolen out of his driveway in the Heights. Cops told him that evidently thieves can spoof the keys to GM vehicles easily and disable the OnStar so they're easy to steal.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
TarponChaser said:

htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

Man, that sucks big balls. Hopefully your insurance company will pay for a new replacement since it was a 2023.

Something I keep scratching my head about is how these cars with all the modern security systems are still stolen. Guess I'm not smart enough to be a thief.
I've said it before and it's a bit tin foil hat of me.....but what's the incentive for manufacturers to make it harder to steal these cars?

I knew 3 people who had Tahoes and a Silverado stolen in a span of a week. It was the same for all 3 of them, cut the horn, broke in, alarm was going off but no horn so no audio alarm, then drove away within 5 or so minutes and quickly disabled On Star. All 3 replaced it with a new Tahoe or Silverado.

My brother had his 2023 GMC Denali truck stolen out of his driveway in the Heights. Cops told him that evidently thieves can spoof the keys to any vehicles easily and disable the computer so they're easy to steal.
fify

This is how I know, this key was used to steal my jeep. It took em 3 times before they got it. Luckily, HPD was running a sting and already following them when they got it. HPD pulled them over, before the officer said a word thief goes "is this going to be a felony? Officer: Why? thief: bc it isn't my vehicle"

aggiedata
AG
Something like this happened a half block from me when I lived in Rice Military. Don't leave your key's hanging near an entrance with your car/truck outside.

Not Funny
aggiedata said:

Something like this happened a half block from me when I lived in Rice Military. Don't leave your key's hanging near an entrance with your car/truck outside.

whoa damn, the Ghost of Ghettos Past
maroon barchetta
HtownAg92
AG
agracer said:

HtownAg92 said:

sts7049 said:

bunch of p***y thug idiot parents who don't know how to fight anymore at youth sporting events
FIFY

I guess you can't limit it to youth sports either. NFL fans are idiots too.
. I've seen plenty of non"thug" parents fight at kids sports events….
sts7049
AG
even better, store them in an RFID blocker box
TarponChaser
HtownAg92 said:

agracer said:

HtownAg92 said:

sts7049 said:

bunch of p***y thug idiot parents who don't know how to fight anymore at youth sporting events
FIFY

I've seen whiskey-tango sorts. And honestly, at the younger ages I've seen some serious helicopter-moms absolutely lose their minds when they thought their precious snowflake was done wrong.
agracer
AG
HtownAg92 said:

agracer said:

HtownAg92 said:

sts7049 said:

FIFY

Saw two moms get arrested at a youth soccer game. They were FROM THE SAME TEAM!
Dimebag Darrell
agracer said:

HtownAg92 said:

agracer said:

HtownAg92 said:

sts7049 said:

FIFY

Saw two moms get arrested at a youth soccer game. They were FROM THE SAME TEAM!
You know what this makes them? Thugs. Contrary to the belief of some, such as yourself, not all thugs are black males between the ages of 16 and 35.
maroon barchetta
They were probably sharing a room while growing up as twins. Now they can share a cell!

This amount of money is more than Michael Bluth was laundering in Ozark.

Pharmacist Shalondria Simpson, 45; physician Lashondria Simpson-Camp, 45; and pharmacist Shayla Bryant, 38, are accused of conspiring to submit fraudulent claims between 2016 and 2022.

Simpson owned and operated two pharmacies in Houston, while her twin sister Simpson-Camp would allegedly refer prescriptions to those pharmacies in exchange for illegal kickbacks and bribes.

Officials said the three would submit the claims to the Department of Labor's Office of Workers' Compensation Program (DOL-OWCP) for high reimbursing drugs that were often medically unnecessary and induced by kickbacks and bribes, which they'd conspire to pay and receive.

Simpson's pharmacies allegedly submitted approximately $170 million in fraudulent claims through DOL-OWCP.

https://abc13.com/health-care-fraud-scheme-kickback-money-laundering-houston-pharmacist/13858536/
Sea Speed
AG
And they ran one of those scammy beauty medical spas

https://www.truessencespa.com/
Diggity
AG

Al Bula
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Simpson owned and operated two pharmacies in Houston, while her twin sister Simpson-Camp would allegedly refer prescriptions to those pharmacies in exchange for illegal kickbacks and bribes.
So Simpson was simping for her sister Simpson's kickbacks?
Ciboag96
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/usps-postal-worker-killed-houston-crash/285-127b66a8-aeb8-43e5-a17f-30c88053e50c

Wonder how long this fine citizen will be out on PR bond and driving recklessly while waiting on his court date?
maroon barchetta
Cash bonds are racist.
Ciboag96

Intentional. Never forget it.
Diggity
AG
looks like he stole an ugly stick and beat himself with it
Wocka Wocka
AG
chansonjr said:

Had my truck stolen today while I was at a meeting with a client at 12 Greenway Plaza. According to security footage it took them about 5 minutes from the time they pulled up to when they left. It was a 2023 GMC Sierra 2500.

I have a 2022 GMC 1500 and have had three theft attempts in the previous year, but no success so far.

First attempt they flat-head screwdriver'ed the driver's side door door lock, but were not able to gain entry.

I bought a cheap cable style steering wheel lock that connects to the seat belt receptacle after the first attempt.

Second attempt they cut the wheel well covers, disabled the horn, then gained entry through the flat-head screw driver technique, but gave up when they saw the steering wheel lock.

I had the electronics repaired after the second attempt.

This most previous time I had the wheel lock in place, but they again disabled the horn and busted through the door lock. They had some wire cutters with them and really gave the steering wheel lock some hell, but ended up giving up.

They must of not been golfers though, as I had my golf bag in my back seat. Didn't even take the two dollars I had in my consol. Real generous of them.

I'm in the Highland Village area between Richmond and Westheimer. We have a constable dedicated to the neighborhood, but he's more worried about stop sign runners.
PeekingDuck
AG
Shalondria and Lashondria
swimmerbabe11
modern day bonnie and clyde
Sea Speed
AG
Perfect example of people getting greedy. I would bet the government never would have noticed if they scammed 10 or 20mm but they had to have it all and scammed 170mm. Morons.
agnerd
AG
Do you have the 6.2L engine? If you do, they won't stop until they have your truck. Get a ravelco now. Losing remote-start is better than losing the truck.
Wocka Wocka
AG
No, I've got the little Duramax.

Setting the Ravelco install up for next week.
Silvy
AG
I found the wheels and tires from my truck on FB Marketplace today
Carmine Scarpacio
Wocka Wocka said:

chansonjr said:

Had my truck stolen today while I was at a meeting with a client at 12 Greenway Plaza. According to security footage it took them about 5 minutes from the time they pulled up to when they left. It was a 2023 GMC Sierra 2500.

I have a 2022 GMC 1500 and have had three theft attempts in the previous year, but no success so far.

First attempt they flat-head screwdriver'ed the driver's side door door lock, but were not able to gain entry.

I bought a cheap cable style steering wheel lock that connects to the seat belt receptacle after the first attempt.

Second attempt they cut the wheel well covers, disabled the horn, then gained entry through the flat-head screw driver technique, but gave up when they saw the steering wheel lock.

I had the electronics repaired after the second attempt.

This most previous time I had the wheel lock in place, but they again disabled the horn and busted through the door lock. They had some wire cutters with them and really gave the steering wheel lock some hell, but ended up giving up.

They must of not been golfers though, as I had my golf bag in my back seat. Didn't even take the two dollars I had in my consol. Real generous of them.

I'm in the Highland Village area between Richmond and Westheimer. We have a constable dedicated to the neighborhood, but he's more worried about stop sign runners.
I live in Afton Oaks and my kids go to ROBS, so I drive down Drexel every day through your neighborhood. Yeah, that Constable will pull you over if you don't come to a complete stop and wait about three seconds.
Bondag
AG
Wocka Wocka said:

I have same engine now. Where are you getting it installed?
maroon barchetta
silverado_lover said:

Outdoors Board posse?
Silvy
AG
Considered it but, fake fb profile and I sent it over to HPD. Although I don't expect it to make a difference on the outcome of my truck.

I have a photo from tire installation that clearly shows the DOT number, but sellers photos aren't clear enough to make out DOT. Also not worth a shootout over a truck that's already stripped
maroon barchetta
True. Only worth it if the thief is caused to never be able to steal again.
Ciboag96
silverado_lover said:

Launch the cruise missile
Ciboag96
swimmerbabe11 said:

modern day bonnie and clyde

Wouldn't it be more like Bonnie and Nobbie?
The D
AG
https://nypost.com/2023/10/05/murders-cartels-squalor-inside-haven-for-illegal-aliens/
Ciboag96
The D said:

https://nypost.com/2023/10/05/murders-cartels-squalor-inside-haven-for-illegal-aliens/

Sounds like Porter
Wocka Wocka
AG
Bondag said:

Wocka Wocka said:

I have same engine now. Where are you getting it installed?

Just going to have them come out and install it at my work parking lot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.