Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,604 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I swear it's inside jobs on these juggings.
TX04Aggie
AG
100%. I dint have to go to bank or ATM too much but it has made me think if moving bank account to somewhere that is by my office downtown that I can access cash or services in the the tunnel or at a branch inside of buildings.
sts7049
AG
yeah. banks inside grocery stores seem like a much safer option.

I'm not sure I buy the inside job theory, at least not for the majority. I think these scum just stake out and watch who comes out. if you are fiddling with papers, envelopes, etc as you walk back to the car and they see you with something maybe they just make you the target and take their chances.
jh0400
AG
I don't think it was an inside job. I think someone watched me go in, stand at the teller window a while, and walk out. I withdrew $100 in ones and fives to have for tips on vacation, so it wasn't like I had a large amount of cash on me.
htxag09
AG
TX04Aggie said:

100%. I dint have to go to bank or ATM too much but it has made me think if moving bank account to somewhere that is by my office downtown that I can access cash or services in the the tunnel or at a branch inside of buildings.

We did a project about 18 months ago and paid in cash so this is what I did. But we're in the galleria. So I walked to one of the buildings next to us that had a bank on the first floor during lunch or early in the day and walked directly back to my office. I was vulnerable in the 100 yards or so but at least I was outside in the public with lots of spectators. From my office pretty impossible to keep track of who I was vs which car I exited the garage in 5 hours later.
BG Knocc Out
jh0400 said:

I don't think it was an inside job. I think someone watched me go in, stand at the teller window a while, and walk out. I withdrew $100 in ones and fives to have for tips on vacation, so it wasn't like I had a large amount of cash on me.
If you think about it, the vast majority of people going into a bank for withdrawal are not just requesting chump change. And if you see them walk out with envelope in hand it's game on. If you hit two people, chances are they weren't both making deposits and you will probably score a minimum of $400-500...potentially thousands. Which these cretins will absolutely hurt you over. That's enough to buy a couple pairs of Jordans right there.

I honestly don't know how this fool hasn't been caught. I would think this day and age any bank would have enough high quality cameras to capture every car in the lot. That being said, I am sure this feral thug likely had paper tags.
aggiedata
AG
In Cypress, Harris CO sheriff dept has a bank sting that caught several bank employees working with the thugs. It most certainly happens. As I mentioned before, my contractor was followed 20 miles to my house where the jugging happened right outside for $1000. Temp plates of course.
BG Knocc Out
aggiedata said:

In Cypress, Harris CO sheriff dept has a bank sting that caught several bank employees working with the thugs. It most certainly happens. As I mentioned before, my contractor was followed 20 miles to my house where the jugging happened right outside for $1000. Temp plates of course.
I may start racially profiling my bank tellers and waving people ahead of me in line if one from a certain demographic calls on me. I would imagine the insiders virtually all fit the same profile of the ones carrying out the attacks do. Sad that it is this way.
drumboy
AG
jh0400 said:

I got hit in a jugging this afternoon. Stopped at a bank to get some small bills for a trip and then stopped again to run into my tailor to pick up something. I was inside for under a minute when someone walked in and told me that I had a busted window. So much for going to the bank mid day. I'm just glad I didn't decide to go straight home.

And before anyone asks, it's obvious they were looking for a cash envelope, because they flipped down both visors and emptied the glove box.

ETA: all they got was my work laptop which was immediately locked and a gym bag with some dirty clothes in it.
maroon barchetta
Please tell me HFD doesn't leave their trucks unattended when they make their weekly stops at HEB anywhere in the city, but especially someplace like Gulfgate.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-chainsaw-stolen-taken-from-hfd-truck-theft-woodridge/12964534/
Irish 2.0
maroon barchetta said:

Please tell me HFD doesn't leave their trucks unattended when they make their weekly stops at HEB anywhere in the city, but especially someplace like Gulfgate.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-chainsaw-stolen-taken-from-hfd-truck-theft-woodridge/12964534/

Bet they actually catch the ones that did this. City employees can't be shown up like that.
TexasAggie81
TarponChaser said:

Do we have a definitive list of vehicles most likely to be involved in or seen fleeing the scene of a crime yet?

I'm thinking:
- Nissan Altima
- Chevy Impala
- Chevy Malibu
- Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger

Feel free to add. And paper plates are just assumed to be a given, right?

Even Black people will readily admit that they predominantly drive at least three of those four kinds of vehicles.
Tone2002
TexasAggie81 said:

TarponChaser said:

Do we have a definitive list of vehicles most likely to be involved in or seen fleeing the scene of a crime yet?

I'm thinking:
- Nissan Altima
- Chevy Impala
- Chevy Malibu
- Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger

Feel free to add. And paper plates are just assumed to be a given, right?

Even Black people will readily admit that they predominantly drive at least three of those four kinds of vehicles.

"I HaVE BLacK FRIends"

LMBO

CheeseSndwch
Quote:

Eyewitness News was the first to expose the rash of burglaries back in January. Business owners said they were sleeping in their bars with weapons to protect their property.

We aired some surveillance video back then, and several bar owners watching were convinced the same man was behind the burglaries at their businesses. He'd get arrested, bond out, and then go right back to breaking into the bars.

HPD said 45-year-old Reginald Jones is in custody. Officers said the serial burglar is a repeat offender and has been arrested 63 times in Texas. Fifty-four of those arrests have been in Harris County alone.

63 Strikes and You're Out!
Irish 2.0
He'll be out by lunch on Monday
Irish 2.0
agproducer said:

Single mom is left paralyzed after a violent jugging.

The robber followed her more than 20 miles and attacked her. It's on video, but I don't think he'll be caught.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-left-paralyzed-after-robber-body-slammed-her-to-the-ground-suspect-still-wanted

Arrests made

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/houston-jugging-attack-arrests-nhung-truong-17846219.php?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab
Build It
AG
Triple murder in a parking lot in SW Houston this morning. News said it happened at 5 am, and the parking lot was full. Cops arrived and everyone left.

Why is a parking lot full at 5 A M?
Ciboag96
Ciboag96
CheeseSndwch said:

Quote:

Eyewitness News was the first to expose the rash of burglaries back in January. Business owners said they were sleeping in their bars with weapons to protect their property.

We aired some surveillance video back then, and several bar owners watching were convinced the same man was behind the burglaries at their businesses. He'd get arrested, bond out, and then go right back to breaking into the bars.

HPD said 45-year-old Reginald Jones is in custody. Officers said the serial burglar is a repeat offender and has been arrested 63 times in Texas. Fifty-four of those arrests have been in Harris County alone.

63 Strikes and You're Out!

King Nindu Nuffin

W
AG
triple homicide at Beechnut & Wilcrest this morning
Al Bula
AG
Congrats libtard elected officials. You've just about normalized murder in a once-great city, along with illegal immigrants, sex trafficking, grooming, crt, etc…

Olds who dismiss this post: what? Houston has always been dangerous!

Snarky weirdos who will chime in: ive never been afraid of gunshots in the GOOF area! Grow up!
BBRex
AG
Microwave Onions said:

The family being able to talk about her injuries and prognosis seemed to be the "timely" part of this story.

Mere robberies haven't made the news since the days of early & late edition newspapers.
Man, I wish the old Crime Blotter was still a thing. One of the best things in the newspaper back in the day.
Irish 2.0
BBRex said:

Microwave Onions said:

The family being able to talk about her injuries and prognosis seemed to be the "timely" part of this story.

Mere robberies haven't made the news since the days of early & late edition newspapers.
Man, I wish the old Crime Blotter was still a thing. One of the best things in the newspaper back in the day.

They got rid of it because it showed that Houston was racist for having 85% of violent crimes happening in a couple specific areas that had some noticeably large specific demographics
BBRex
AG
It also took a ton of time to put together, and newspapers don't want to dedicate manpower to do it.
Irish 2.0
BBRex said:

It also took a ton of time to put together, and newspapers don't want to dedicate manpower to do it.

That was a BS excuse. You can write a simple line code that would automatically produce and populate the blotter. It got ditched on optics
BG Knocc Out
David Happymountain said:

Congrats libtard elected officials. You've just about normalized murder in a once-great city, along with illegal immigrants, sex trafficking, grooming, crt, etc…

Snarky weirdos who will chime in: ive never been afraid of gunshots in the GOOF area! Grow up!
I was never personally "afraid" of these, and I heard them all the freakin time living there...it became normal. That being said, as soon as we found out we were expecting a kid, we GTFO. Wasn't going to raise my child in a place just 2 miles from absolute ghetto to the direct north and east, where you would routinely hear gunshots in the distance if you hung out on the back patio enough at nights. Where the convenience stores down the street were getting robbed at gunpoint on almost a weekly basis during the pandemic.

Not a knock on Oak Forest/Garden Oaks, we loved it there...but I don't think people realize just how bad it could get in those more urban neighborhoods if we ever hit truly hard times. SEALS would not be able to stop what would descend upon that neighborhood. That goes for a lot of nice neighborhoods in Houston that are just a stones throw away from mini-Mogadishu's like Acres Homes and Independence Heights.
jrrhouston98
AG
We moved from Briarmeadow in 2019 to Katy. We would regularly hear gunshots from the surrounding apartments. We loved the neighborhood and our neighbors, but the trash surrounding us made us leave. Best decision we've made. Way too many instances of hearing gunshots then seeing someone running down our street.

Hell, one night we had cops all over the neighborhood. Dozens of cop cars. Helicopters overhead. Then all of a sudden the helicopter got LOUD. The ass hole they were looking for was on the roof of the house across the street. I went outside and started yelling to shoot him. Cops laughed nervously and told me they'd handle it. They ended up sending a dog on the roof after the guy. That was awesome!! That dog tore that ass hole up and the best part was listening to him cry while it was happening.

Houston is a third world country. High taxes and crappy schools and private school tuition has gotten ridiculous. Elections have consequences.
htxag09
AG
Some hyperbolic drama queens in here, I see
Diggity
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

I was never personally "afraid" of these, and I heard them all the freakin time living there...it became normal. That being said, as soon as we found out we were expecting a kid, we GTFO. Wasn't going to raise my child in a place just 2 miles from absolute ghetto to the direct north and east, where you would routinely hear gunshots in the distance if you hung out on the back patio enough at nights. Where the convenience stores down the street were getting robbed at gunpoint on almost a weekly basis during the pandemic.

Not a knock on Oak Forest/Garden Oaks, we loved it there...but I don't think people realize just how bad it could get in those more urban neighborhoods if we ever hit truly hard times. SEALS would not be able to stop what would descend upon that neighborhood. That goes for a lot of nice neighborhoods in Houston that are just a stones throw away from mini-Mogadishu's like Acres Homes and Independence Heights.

I have faith that Yao Bling, PVSherwood, and the rest of the crew would protect us if **** ever truly hit the fan
BG Knocc Out
htxag09 said:

Some hyperbolic drama queens in here, I see
I feel you...but it is pretty crazy to live in a nice neighborhood and for it to be normal to hear gun shots in the distance on a regular basis and have two Valero stations within half a mile of your house that get robbed at gunpoint routinely. One of the cashiers I know at the 34th and OF location also had her car stolen when they held a gun to her head and demanded her keys during the robbery.

I am not saying it's a bad neighborhood, we loved it, but made the personal decision to take our child to a place that is not right next to hardened ghettos.

Pray that the people chirping about a massive recession or Great Depression 2.0 are dead wrong.
BG Knocc Out
Diggity said:

BG Knocc Out said:

I have faith that Yao Bling, PVSherwood, and the rest of the crew would protect us if **** ever truly hit the fan

Also, RIP Patrick Swayze...Oak Forest/Waltrip legend.
BBRex
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

BBRex said:

That was a BS excuse. You can write a simple line code that would automatically produce and populate the blotter. It got ditched on optics
You can do that now. Most papers ditched the Crime Blotter before the Internet existed. You could say optics are why they don't bring it back.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Was it a strip joint?
Anti-taxxer
AG
This. I talked to a police officer in my hometown and complained that the blotter wasn't being posted daily anymore. He told me the new owner of the paper thought it was inappropriate to publish.
Smeghead4761
BBRex said:

Irish 2.0 said:

BBRex said:

You can do that now. Most papers ditched the Crime Blotter before the Internet existed. You could say optics are why they don't bring it back.
I'm honestly curious - if the Chronicle decided to run a crime blotter, listing every arrest and reported crime (theft, robbery, car break ins, murder, criminal mischief, etc), how many pages and column inches would the print version run, even if it was just HPD?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.