Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,616 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

I wouldn't say it's a formality. Someone is dead. Yes, it's the bad guy and I'm happy about that. But the police absolutely should talk to all parties in any case like this to make sure they have all the facts. Even more so since the dude fled.

Your exactly right. But the messaging from HPD is striking me as heavy handed.
themissinglink
AG
htxag09 said:

I wouldn't say it's a formality. Someone is dead. Yes, it's the bad guy and I'm happy about that. But the police absolutely should talk to all parties in any case like this to make sure they have all the facts. Even more so since the dude fled.
Good guy shouldn't talk to police without talking to a lawyer first. In many blue states, he'd be charged with a crime. Harris County/Houston politicians would like to take it that way, and he should make sure he doesn't incriminate himself.
htxag09
AG
That's fine and dandy. Cops are still going to want to talk to you and you still can't just flee the scene.

Edit; not saying you have to talk to the cops. I agree, get a lawyer. That's significantly different then fleeing the scene to avoid them.
themissinglink
AG
Is there a law that says he needs to talk to the cops? Pretty sure there's a constitutional amendment which says he doesn't. If he sticks around to wait for the cops, his first words to them when they ask a question should be "lawyer." Your "best practice" advice probably wasn't created by a lawyer. It was created by cops.
drumboy
AG
Id be worried about liability and getting a civil suit from perps baby mama so I'd be tempted to bail too. I'm sure that makes him look guilty though.
Texaggie7nine
Now that full vid is out, he might be in quite a bit of trouble. Dude kept shooting the guy after he dropped his gun, he took the gun from the floor then shot the dude faced down again.
7nine
themissinglink
AG
Yeah, just saw the longer video. I can see why police want to talk to him. Another reason not to talk to cops without conferring with a lawyer first.
drumboy
AG
Sea Speed
AG
Damn where did yall see the video, that sounds wild.
Texaggie7nine

Be warned, this one does not pause.
7nine
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Bro got to the X-Y axis intersection of f-around and find out.

Harris County sure as hell better not try and indict the 2A shooter unless they have a reallllyy good explanation.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
themissinglink said:

htxag09 said:

Good guy shouldn't talk to police without talking to a lawyer first. In many blue states, he'd be charged with a crime. Harris County/Houston politicians would like to take it that way, and he should make sure he doesn't incriminate himself.

Never ever ever ever ever talk to cops, prosecutors or journalists. Ever.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Now that full vid is out, he might be in quite a bit of trouble. Dude kept shooting the guy after he dropped his gun, he took the gun from the floor then shot the dude faced down again.

I doubt a Harris county jury is going to care if he put a couple of extra bullets in a dude after holding up an entire restaurant at gunpoint.

This could be the 2023 version of Joe Horn.
BowSowy
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

That dude in the booth at the top of the screen didn't even flinch.
maroon barchetta
Marvin_Zindler said:

themissinglink said:

htxag09 said:

Never ever ever ever ever talk to cops, prosecutors or journalists. Ever.

Username does not check out!
Dimebag Darrell
BowSowy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

That dude in the booth at the top of the screen didn't even flinch.

He prob just got here from Juarez or sunt. NBD.
Dimebag Darrell
Marvin_Zindler said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Harris County sure as hell better not try and indict the 2A shooter unless they have a reallllyy good explanation.

They might try to get him for those last few shots. They will try something.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Texaggie7nine said:

They might try to get him for those last few shots. They will try something.
I agree. And that's unfortunate. In west Texas, they would be giving this guy the key to the city next Tuesday. We live in a county run by morons at all levels from the city down to the judiciary.
Ciboag96
If we start taking out the trash ourselves, then how will the grifters keep grifting?

Last thing the leaders of a government agency want is for their agency to no longer be necessary. In fact, they want it to be even MORE necessary. Gotta keep those slaves on the plantation.
W
AG
it's funny watching the news coverage.

the reporters are so nervous or scared to say anything positive about the shooter or anything critical about the robber
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
When are they going to tell us who the dead guy is and how many pr bonds he was out on?
TJaggie14
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

When are they going to tell us who the dead guy is and how many pr bonds he was out on?

I was wondering the same thing. I guess we will have to wait for Q10 to come out & say the police are racists while the robbers mother is on camera saying how "he dinna do nuffin" & how he "was gunna turn his life around this time"
Milwaukees Best Light
AG

Guy hasn't been here long enough to have an identity yet. Dudes ankles are still wet from the river.
Waltonloads08
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Meanwhile, dem Jurges still be throwin' nem PR bonds out like Mardi Gras beads

"but we don't release violent criminals"

is a lie, they release them all the time
Irish 2.0
Texaggie7nine said:

Still a good shoot.

Can y'all see he isn't grabbing for the gun after he went down? I can't...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Why would he lunge for his toy gun? So he could throw it?
Irish 2.0

The gentleman shooting the criminal didn't know it was fake. Criminals are stupid. I'm sure he is stupid enough to reach for it still.

Dude F'd around and found out. Still a good shoot. All I see is someone firing until the threat was fully neutralized. Still moving, not neutralized
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

The gentleman shooting the criminal didn't know it was fake. Criminals are stupid. I'm sure he is stupid enough to reach for it still.

Dude F'd around and found out. Still a good shoot. All I see is someone firing until the threat was fully neutralized. Still moving, not neutralized
I'm curious if the grand jury will see it that way.
Irish 2.0
Imagine a lot will have to do with how the ADA presents the case.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Imagine a lot will have to do with how the ADA presents the case.
I expect a no bill, but there have been questions of whether or not he was in lawful possession of the firearm..
Irish 2.0
Would they still charge him with the killing if ruled self defense or illegal possession of a firearm?
maroon barchetta
Grand jury decided to dismiss the case against the noodle armed dork that threw White Claw cans at Ted Cruz.

I'm shocked.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Would they still charge him with the killing if ruled self defense or illegal possession of a firearm?
No telling to be honest. Most crim def attorneys that I highly respect think it could be possible, but probably not likely.
maroon barchetta
Pooja says the dead perp has a lengthy criminal history and was out on bond.

https://abc13.com/houston-taqueria-shooting-customer-shoots-robber-eric-eugene-washington-killed-suspect-death/12681554/
Marvin_Zindler
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Pooja says the dead perp has a lengthy criminal history and was out on bond.

https://abc13.com/houston-taqueria-shooting-customer-shoots-robber-eric-eugene-washington-killed-suspect-death/12681554/
Meanwhile the DA is turning the diner-good Samaritan over to a Harris County grand jury.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.