Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,650 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Geez.

Altercation during car sale turns deadly.

https://abc13.com/quik-mart-deadly-shooting-houston-police-homicide-investigation/13924141/
BBRex
AG
Ciboag96 said:

• Throws out $1 Bonds and PR Bonds like Mardi Gras beads
  • Even when bonds are set at high amounts, ignore bond cost enforcement
  • Won't enforce criminal bond violations
  • Won't enforce criminal parole violations
  • Won't prosecute "small crimes"
  • Lite sentences because "jails are full"
  • Rape kits aren't being processed
  • Court dates pushed out forever and won't increase courts

But

• Blame crime on guns, law abiding gun owners and 2nd Amendment

Yeah, **** you, Democrat scumbags. You are a bunch of lying, pieces of *****
My wife heard from an ISD police officer that they helped assist police with apprehending two robbery suspects who had fled north from a crime scene. The suspects weren't worried a bit - until they realized they had crossed into Montgomery County and weren't going to Harris County for processing. The officer said that both went from being unconcerned to upset, and at least one started crying. It's sad that criminals have no fear of repercussions in Harris County.
BG Knocc Out
CDUB98 said:

Yup, high speed chase ended at 43rd and Oak Forest. They got the bad guy, but we all know he'll be back on the street tomorrow.

Man, all sound really did seem like it was coming from south of my house, not north.

Coincidentally, someone in that same thread posted a picture of some type of work/delivery van crashed into a tree in TC Jester Park. Seems my 'hood is the place to be today.
I miss living right smack dab in that area you are describing, not gonna lie. It's safer out here for my little one, but a part of me wishes the ghetto birds, regular gunfire in the distance and constantly hearing from both Valero clerks about the latest robbery at gunpoint. Felt like a real city, ya know?

It's quiet out here.
I Am A Critic
BBRex said:

Ciboag96 said:

But

My wife heard from an ISD police officer that they helped assist police with apprehending two robbery suspects who had fled north from a crime scene. The suspects weren't worried a bit - until they realized they had crossed into Montgomery County and weren't going to Harris County for processing. The officer said that both went from being unconcerned to upset, and at least one started crying. It's sad that criminals have no fear of repercussions in Harris County.
I'll take **** that never happened for $100.00.
Username checks out.
Al Bula
AG
I Am A Critic said:

BBRex said:

Ciboag96 said:

But

I'll take **** that never happened for $100.00.
which jeopardy host are we talking about? Smart guy Ken or Blossom?
TX04Aggie
AG
Heads up you criminals, TC J bridge has two retirement age pudges working the bridge this morning
BBRex
AG
Well, I assume you are calling the cop a liar. I know the conversation happened.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
crime is in decline?
htxag09
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

crime is in decline?
Behind a paywall, but I'm assuming they're ignoring where crime was in and pre 2020, using the crazy baselines of the last couple years and saying see "down 10%, look how good our policies are working!"

Conveniently ignoring it's up 30% vs. 2019/2020.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

Crime in Houston has declined since 2020
As evidenced by the Hobby School poll, the issue isn't going away despite crime being down so far this year. Through July, HPD reported a 22.5% decrease in murders and an 8.5% drop in all violent crime. Overall, crime was down 3.5% compared to the same period in 2022.

According to the latest Houston Area Survey by Rice University's Kinder Institute for Urban Research, residents' perception of crime as the biggest problem facing the Houston area went down consistently from 2015 to 2020 and has been on a steep climb since.

Mankarious attributes the improvement in the crime rate to the community's outcry because that has led to leaders and politicians paying attention and directing resources to combatting the problem.

The city of Houston launched two separate strategies the Violent Crime Initiative in 2021 and One Safe Houston in 2022 and Harris County announced its Safe Harris initiative in August 2022 and passed a public safety package earlier this year.

The strategies address things like law enforcement visibility, specific crime trends and high-crime areas as well as, on the county level, the backlog of criminal court cases.

How Houstonians view crime
Mark Jones, a research associate with the Hobby School, said it takes a while for public perception to catch up with changes in the crime rate.

"If violent crime drops by 10%, are people going to be 10% less worried about being assaulted or they're still going to be worried about being assaulted?" he asked.

If crime continues to go down, he said, the importance the public gives it will probably be more on par with other local issues.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

As evidenced by the Hobby School poll, the issue isn't going away despite crime being down so far this year. Through July, HPD reported a 22.5% decrease in murders and an 8.5% drop in all violent crime. Overall, crime was down 3.5% compared to the same period in 2022.
Its back to the whole 'reported' crime.
drumboy
AG

Quote:

As opposed to 'perceived' crime?
TJaggie14
AG
All you have to do is follow Grizzy Hood News to know crime in Houston isn't decreasing.
The Wonderer
AG
drumboy said:

Quote:

As opposed to 'perceived' crime?
I only care about 'pre' crime

Bondag
AG
I never had a truck stolen before 2020, but allegedly there is a report on that
maroon barchetta
Guy has fight with someone

Calls his wife to pick him up

Gets shot before she picks him up or maybe while she is picking him up?

She drives to Hobby Airport???

Come on, Brooke. We need details.

https://abc13.com/houston-hobby-airport-man-killed-telephone-road-shooting-dies-in-passenger-pickup-area/13953854/
Diggity
AG

Ciboag96
Imagine the pickup traffic with a crime scene thrown in that **** show.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Quote:

Mankarious attributes the improvement in the crime rate to the community's outcry because that has led to leaders and politicians paying attention and directing resources to combatting the problem.

Interesting.
maroon barchetta
This could be on Outdoors under the thread title "Man Stabs Cougar and Her Mate"

https://abc13.com/houston-stabbing-man-stabs-woman-he-was-dating-restaurant-parking-lot-fight-north-shepherd-drive/13958698/

This is a weird one.
HtownAg92
AG
maroon barchetta said:

This could be on Outdoors under the thread title "Man Stabs Cougar and Her Mate"

https://abc13.com/houston-stabbing-man-stabs-woman-he-was-dating-restaurant-parking-lot-fight-north-shepherd-drive/13958698/

This is a weird one.
Why did he have to stab his O.P.P.?

GOOF repres'nt'n
CheeseSndwch
David Happymountain said:

agproducer said:

Single mom is left paralyzed after a violent jugging.

The robber followed her more than 20 miles and attacked her. It's on video, but I don't think he'll be caught.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-left-paralyzed-after-robber-body-slammed-her-to-the-ground-suspect-still-wanted
30 years for this black on Asian hate crime. The other criminal who assisted will be sentenced on 10/24.

Evil.

19-year-old Zy'Nika Anesha Woods plead guilty previously after 18-year-old Joseph Harrell also plead guilty to aggravated robbery causing serious bodily injury.

According to court documents, Woods was sentenced to 10 years adjudication.

Link: Article

Probation!?
maroon barchetta
Is the Triads gang still a thing?

They need to handle this for the Asian community since the courts are obviously racist against Asians.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Is the Triads gang still a thing?

Let me check with my contacts.
StillNotAnAggie
CheeseSndwch said:

agproducer said:

Single mom is left paralyzed after a violent jugging.

The robber followed her more than 20 miles and attacked her. It's on video, but I don't think he'll be caught.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-left-paralyzed-after-robber-body-slammed-her-to-the-ground-suspect-still-wanted
30 years for this black on Asian hate crime. The other criminal who assisted will be sentenced on 10/24.

Evil.

19-year-old Zy'Nika Anesha Woods plead guilty previously after 18-year-old Joseph Harrell also plead guilty to aggravated robbery causing serious bodily injury.

Link: Article

Probation!?

One can only hope karma slams her on her head one day.
Or someone comes along one day with something to help it get through her thick skull that this isn't ok, that thing could be 9mm, .40 or .45 sized, and that would be ok with me. I'm not really picky.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

This is not justice.
Al Bula
AG
Here's the judge responsible for the slap on the wrist. Another face of evil. This time a Republican.

sts7049
AG
best guess is she snitched on her counterpart to buy some leniency.
CDUB98
AG

Here's the judge responsible for the slap on the wrist. Another face of evil. This time a Republican.

WTF is that?!!
maroon barchetta

In name only I bet
The Wonderer
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

This is not justice.
It was a plea deal where the guy that caused the injury got 30 years. Par for the course...
Al Bula
AG
More hate crime on video:

https://abc13.com/teen-assaults-man-tiktok-prank-alford-lewis-wortham-park-assault/13983107/

Captain Winky
"I bashed them fools over the head, but I didn't mean to hurt dem."
maroon barchetta
Din do nuffin srsly
CDUB98
AG
**** that kid. He didn't give a damn if he did hurt someone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.