Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,658 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is the working theory.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Article said "some Bandidos paraphernalia was found at scene"
Diggity
AG
Quote:

A man accused of robbing two people at gunpoint in southwest Houston this week, pistol-whipping one of them, then crashing a stolen car in a police chase has been arrested.

But still, there is no word on his alleged accomplice.

David Koroma, 20, is being held in the Harris County jail after being arrested the same day these robberies and a chase took place.
Quote:

A motion has been filed to deny Koroma bail because he was already under supervision, having pleaded guilty to participating in a shootout in the parking lot of a northwest Houston gas station in 2020.
shocked I tells ya. We all know he'll get bail though

https://abc13.com/double-robbery-david-koroma-arrested-police-chase-suspect-crashes-stolen-car/13137402/
maroon barchetta
Build It
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

The Banditos are such a larger club. It's going to be full on war.
JSKolache
AG
Haven't had a 30 page biker gang war thread in several years. Onward...
The Wonderer
AG
JSKolache said:

Haven't had a 30 page biker gang war thread in several years. Onward...

Not since Waco, I believe.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I've employed and known several Banditos over the years. They are a methy/ white trash version of MS13. Some of them just absolutely don't GAF.
rilloaggie
AG
My mother-in-law is a bit of a barfly and all her friends are all folks from "the bar". One of them passed away a few years back after a long battle with cancer. His remembrance was at an ice house type place and they had a mic for folks to tell stories about him and share memories. A dude in a bandido cut got up and says something along the lines of "I was riding one day and some dude in a car nearly ran me off the road. Once I got control of the bike, I got my pistol out and rode up next to the guy to kill him. I realized it was "Bob" so I just followed him to the bar and we got drunk!" Based on the reaction from the crowd it didn't sound like he was joking about killing someone!
maroon barchetta
Geez
Sea Speed
AG
Several of them used to come to my house in galveston every year during biker rally and it was always a wild time.
aggiedata
AG
In high school I knew a guy from my neighborhood that had a car accident with a Bandito. It wasn't his fault really but the cops got him out of there fast before they all started gathering. They made out a police report with a fake name but the phone number of his dad's work. For a few years they would get ominous calls asking to speak to the fake name guy.
Anti-taxxer
AG
aggiedata said:

In high school I knew a guy from my neighborhood that had a car accident with a Bandito. It wasn't his fault really but the cops got him out of there fast before they all started gathering. They made out a police report with a fake name but the phone number of his dad's work. For a few years they would get ominous calls asking to speak to the fake name guy.

That's terrifying.
Anti-taxxer
AG
We accidentally went to KCs on the Creek during a biker rally one time. I was really, really intoxicated, but not so intoxicated that I don't remember one of them who was there who went by the name "Taz" and was selling homemade sex toys in ziploc baggies out of his saddle bag.
htxag09
AG
Several social media posts about a shooting at the Walmart at 10 and Yale, but haven't seen anything from the news or pd…..
TX04Aggie
AG
Midtown had a deadly shootout today too…
maroon barchetta
TX04Aggie said:

Midtown had a deadly shootout today too…

The first shooter in that area got gunned down and killed by a second shooter.

This story is odd.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-deadly-shooting-fatal-gray-street/13145182/
Ciboag96
htxag09 said:

Several social media posts about a shooting at the Walmart at 10 and Yale, but haven't seen anything from the news or pd…..

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/walmart-robbery-rice-military/285-7cf5ab5e-0a10-4ceb-a172-dcd4e453e696

Quote:

Police said the man was walking in the parking lot when a white SUV drove up to him. Someone inside the SUV pulled out a gun and demanded money from the man, according to police.
Investigators said the man had a gun of his own and pulled it out. This led to a shootout between the man and the person in the SUV, police said.
The victim was shot at least three times before the SUV drove away. It's unknown if the person inside the SUV was also shot.
The man was treated by first responders and taken to a hospital in unknown condition.
Sea Speed
AG
Well it looks like we're finally getting all those shootouts the left was afraid of when constitutional carry passed.
Ciboag96
Yep, hope there are more. Someone's gotta take out the trash
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
https://abc13.com/carters-country-store-shooting-employee-shoots-man-houston-father-killed-terry-evans-death/13145497/

Thoughts on this one?
sts7049
AG
if someone is robbing my store, i don't know what kind of weapon they might be carrying. running away or not, i see it as justified to defend yourself.

robbers will get no sympathy from me
Irish 2.0
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

https://abc13.com/carters-country-store-shooting-employee-shoots-man-houston-father-killed-terry-evans-death/13145497/

Thoughts on this one?
Who is to know he isn't running outside to get weapon from his car himself or running to take cover to return fire? I'd say justified, but Ogg will probably lead the grand jury down an indictment of the shooter.
htxag09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Thoughts on this one?
Who is to know he isn't running outside to get weapon from his car himself or running to take cover to return fire? I'd say justified, but Ogg will probably lead the grand jury down an indictment of the shooter.

I'd agree with no charges, but this is quite the stretch….
Irish 2.0
htxag09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Thoughts on this one?

Why is it a stretch? How many times have we read about someone committing a crime and then returning to extract more vengeance? We don't know what is in the mind of a criminal that has already broken the law. Where is the line drawn for the criminal and how far he/she is willing to go? I don't know what is in their mind and it isn't something I would leave to chance.
htxag09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

htxag09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Thoughts on this one?

Why is it a stretch? How many times have we read about someone committing a crime and then returning to extract more vengeance? We don't know what is in the mind of a criminal that has already broken the law. Where is the line drawn for the criminal and how far he/she is willing to go? I don't know what is in their mind and it isn't something I would leave to chance.
I'd say 99.99999% of people in that situation would think this person is fleeing to get away with the money. If he had a gun in the car, he would have brought it with him.

Also, this doesn't help that argument:
Quote:

several employees who testified in video-recorded depositions said they never feared for their lives during the encounter.
Again, I say no charge. I think you should have a right to protect your property. The minute he opened that cash register to take money out he lost all sympathy from me and any defense against what happens next. I also agree with STS that I'm not waiting to see if he has a gun or not. If he's robbing me, I assume he does.

But, I just don't believe any jury or judge would believe this guy if he said he was in fear for his life because he thought this dude was running out the door to get a firearm he left in his car.
WES2006AG
AG
Takes a special kind of stupid to rob a gun store unarmed.
maroon barchetta
The response from the store employee that shot the crook was too much.

However…

A guy decided to rob a store full of guns. I'm not sure what sort of outcome he thought would happen here.
maroon barchetta
Look how many "second chances" (math is hard) this loser got.

Killed a friend over a small amount of pot? With a baby and toddler present?

They were too lenient.

And surprise. Two fathers from the Bloody Nickel won't be around to raise their kids. Which in this guy's case is a good thing for the kids.

https://abc13.com/houston-gang-member-marcus-renard-coleman-adoniya-spiller-death-man-kills-childhood-friend/13144313/
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
maroon barchetta said:

The response from the store employee that shot the crook was too much.

This is what I have a hard time with. If you do nothing, guy gets away and stats suggest he continues down a path that escalates past just grab and dash.
maroon barchetta
Agreed, but use of deadly force in this case is going to get this gun store employee put into prison.
BG Knocc Out
Ducks4brkfast said:

I've employed and known several Banditos over the years. They are a methy/ white trash version of MS13. Some of them just absolutely don't GAF.
It's crazy bc I have also met some Bandidos that seem like pretty clean cut good family dudes who are successful in certain blue collared industries. But there's still something about them that screams "don't F with me", beyond the attire.

That organization seems to run the gamut more than I would have expected. I always viewed all of them as white and latino trash derelicts. But I've played pool with and interacted with a few guys in their 50's who seem like they run legitimate businesses or are high up on the org chart.

These are probably the exceptions though.
BG Knocc Out
Build It said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

The Banditos are such a larger club. It's going to be full on war.
Google "Homietos MC". Looks like a rag tag group of cholos who grew out of their Tango Blast phase. Seems like the Bandidos could completely eradicate them if they wanted to. They have all gotta be watching their backs 24/7.
maroon barchetta
Seems perfectly normal to me.
Sea Speed
AG
The one I used to be the closest with is a houston firefighter and while he and I have been in our fair share of scraps together back in the day, he wasn't what I would brand as a fighter. He never looked for a fight but if one showed up then so be it. His gf was basically my big sister and who introduced me to the world of traditional skinheads. I had some wiiiiiiild nights back in the day with those folks with one of the most memorable being the night vice squad was playing Fitzgeralds and the city flooded so we couldn't leave. They kept the bar open until like 5 am. Oh man what a night. The bandido I mentioned above is a Mexican skinhead.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.