Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,648 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
City Bout to Really Be Under Siege

Dimebag Darrell
aggiedata said:

Arian Foster really let himself go

Holy sh**..."fired gun in the air?"

More like attempted to blow someone's brains out at point blank range.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
score one for the good guys

Suspected car thief shot to death at Spring area apartment complex, HCSO says

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/suspected-car-thief-shot-harris-county-texas/285-88baef8e-02ab-43d9-99db-36de12b3d1b0
Al Bula
AG
Scumbag mom of the year candidate:

https://abc13.com/video-of-tenescha-selena-henry-mom-uses-child-as-human-shield-missouri-city-woman-arrested-accused-leading-high-speed-chase/13553530/
Quote:

At the time, deputies on the scene did not know that the child in the chokehold was Henry's 14-year-old daughter.

"At that point, I 100% believed that we had a hostage situation," Peters said.

According to Peters, the teen girl was crying and pleading with her mother to stop.
"I distinctly remember her at times saying, 'Shoot. Shoot me, shoot us.' Things of that nature," the deputy said.
Scumbag judge (Dim Melissa Morris) gave her a 10K bond. At least this piece of excrement is still in jail.

Diggity
AG
seems logical

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

The shooting happened at the Friendly Store at the corner of Lyons Avenue and Schweikhart Street around 5:15 a.m. Thursday, Houston police said.
Name does not check out

Quote:

Investigators said surveillance video shows the man pull up and drop off two kids, who then went into the store. The man then got out of his car with an AR-15 wrapped in a towel and walked into the store, too, HPD said. Soon after -- shots were fired. However, police say they don't think it was on purpose. They believe he accidentally fired the gun, panicked, and fired a few more rounds. "At some point as he was leaving the store, it looks like he may have accidentally discharged the weapon anywhere from three to four times,"
Who the hell takes a loaded AR-15 into a convenience store wrapped in a towel if not to commit a crime?

Quote:

The child who was shot is a boy between 7 and 10 years old, HPD said. The other boy wasn't hit.
Police say ricochet rounds went out into the street and went through the car window of man driving by -- hitting him too. HPD said there was also a child in that car, but thankfully, they were not hurt.
Both the young boy and the driver of the car were taken to the hospital in critical condition but are expected to survive, police said.

So far, HPD said the man accused of firing the shots is not in custody.
Great police work.
Martin Q. Blank
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/five-21-year-old-men-arrested-with-prohibited-weapons-to-kill-hundreds-of-people-free-on-bond-the-next-day

According to court documents, each man had a weapon and four were seen handling a Glock with auto sear converting it to a fully automatic handgun, a prohibited weapon.

The document states multiple weapons and accessories were found in the trunk.

"11 armor piercing rounds on an ammo belt, and one of the guys actually had a Glock handgun, that was found in his underwear," said Kahan.

"The District Attorney's office asked for a $75,000 bond on each case," Kahan said.

But 174th Criminal District Court Judge Hazel Jones set bond for four of the defendants at just $10,000. 184th Judge Katherine Thomas set bond for the fifth defendant at $10,000 as well.

The five were out of jail and back out on the street within a day.
HtownAg92
AG
Quote:

Who the hell takes a loaded AR-15 into a convenience store wrapped in a towel if not to commit a crime?
In the Bloody Nickel? Errybody.

Not at all saying that's what happened here, though.

Another question -- who takes kids to a convenience store at 5:15 in the morning? Then follows them in with a loaded gun?
Ciboag96
Inquiring minds really want to know if she's voting Whitmire or Lee
TX04Aggie
TX04Aggie
AG
Uhttps://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/07/28/mother-and-unborn-baby-shot-killed-at-birthday-party-celebrated-at-balloon-release/

Somebody had a shootout and killed a pregnant young woman at a birthday party at a park….it was a birthday party at a Sunnyside park at 1am….
sts7049
AG
doesn't really matter the circumstances, we just have another example of people with no respect for life or other humans
Ciboag96
Quote:

At 1:14 Saturday morning, Houston police say Shot Spotter technology detected 36 shots that blazed through the crowd.
Birthday bash in Sunnyside at 1:14am. I'll take places you should never be for $200, Alex.

Also, Shot Spotter technology? Can I get access to that? Fascinating.
Ciboag96
Quote:

The technology is mainly embedded in the Black and brown communities, but the report states that not only is this program not making a huge difference, it is also making them feel uncomfortable about their relationship with law enforcement.

Chronicle reporter Yilun Cheng said they followed the reports HPD was making at city council meetings in regards to the program. They were concerned about the results and started requesting more information and data.

Here's part of what they found:

Out of approximately 6,300 alerts between December 2020 and March 2023, more than 80% were canceled, marked as unfounded, dismissed as information calls, or closed because officers could not find evidence upon arrival.

In addition, HPD revealed in a February report to city council that officers recorded only 99 arrests and 126 charges out of 5,450 alerts, and half of those charges were misdemeanor offenses, with the most common being illegal discharge of a firearm.
Shot Spotter is super racist

The Houston Communist thinks it is racist
CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

At 1:14 Saturday morning, Houston police say Shot Spotter technology detected 36 shots that blazed through the crowd.
Birthday bash in Sunnyside at 1:14am. I'll take places you should never be for $200, Alex.
CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

The Houston Communist thinks it is racist
Well, duh, statistics are always racist.
bularry
Martin Q. Blank said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/five-21-year-old-men-arrested-with-prohibited-weapons-to-kill-hundreds-of-people-free-on-bond-the-next-day

According to court documents, each man had a weapon and four were seen handling a Glock with auto sear converting it to a fully automatic handgun, a prohibited weapon.

The document states multiple weapons and accessories were found in the trunk.

"11 armor piercing rounds on an ammo belt, and one of the guys actually had a Glock handgun, that was found in his underwear," said Kahan.

"The District Attorney's office asked for a $75,000 bond on each case," Kahan said.

But 174th Criminal District Court Judge Hazel Jones set bond for four of the defendants at just $10,000. 184th Judge Katherine Thomas set bond for the fifth defendant at $10,000 as well.

The five were out of jail and back out on the street within a day.
did they have the decency to return their property, too? that would be the polite thing to do
12f Mane
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Quote:

The shooting happened at the Friendly Store at the corner of Lyons Avenue and Schweikhart Street around 5:15 a.m. Thursday, Houston police said.

So many of these stories have people with their kids out and about at stupid times like this. Why would you have your kids with you, going to the gas station at 5am?
HtownAg92
AG
12f Mane said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

Quote:

So many of these stories have people with their kids out and about at stupid times like this. Why would you have your kids with you, going to the gas station at 5am?
The story is worse than that -- it says that the man dropped off two kids, not his two kids. Very WTF.

maroon barchetta
HtownAg92 said:

12f Mane said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

Quote:

The story is worse than that -- it says that the man dropped off two kids, not his two kids. Very WTF.

His ex-gf two relationships ago probably dropped them for him to watch while she either went somewhere with her new man or went with girlfriends to Coushatta (or a birthday party in a park all night).
Stat Monitor Repairman
swimmerbabe11
Call me a tinfoil hat conspiracy theoriest, but this technology feels just one step closer to being under constant government cctv surveillance, kinda like communist China.....
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

Call me a tinfoil hat conspiracy theoriest, but this technology feels just one step closer to being under constant government cctv surveillance, kinda like communist China.....

Some of our leaders are rumored to be in bed with them.
Diggity
AG
This bothers you more than CCTV?
swimmerbabe11
what? no, that's not what I meant at all.

I meant this feels like the path towards that.
TX04Aggie
AG
I was visiting my brother in Atlanta last month and they had cameras all throughout their neighborhoods high up with a small sign that said CCTV by Atlanta Police for your safety…. It was bizarre. I know we have them in downtown and midtown Houston everywhere but it was surprising to see them in a Heights like ATL hood.ñ amd other hoods.
htxag09
AG
TX04Aggie said:

I was visiting my brother in Atlanta last month and they had cameras all throughout their neighborhoods high up with a small sign that said CCTV by Atlanta Police for your safety…. It was bizarre. I know we have them in downtown and midtown Houston everywhere but it was surprising to see them in a Heights like ATL hood.ñ amd other hoods.

They have cameras in tanglewood now. Pretty sure they automatically read license plates for any car entering the neighborhood
YellAg2004
AG
There are Flock cameras going in at most middle- to upper end neighborhoods now as well as shopping centers (e.g. Bunker Hill H-E-B).

Pretty much any new intersection is outfitted with several cameras. Not just the vehicle-sensing cameras in the mast arms, but actual CCTV cameras on the posts.

Meanwhile I'm typing this post on the GPS tracker we all willingly carry everywhere we go. Not to go down all F16, but the surveillance state genie is so far out of the bottle, worrying about it now is a waste of time.
Ciboag96
Never mind. Found it.

https://www.houstontx.gov/police/department_reports/operational_summary/NIBRS_MonthlyOperationalSummary.pdf

Supposedly a down year so far?
09A Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter: 168
YTD 236
DIFF -28.81%
Furlock Bones
AG
YellAg2004 said:

There are Flock cameras going in at most middle- to upper end neighborhoods now as well as shopping centers (e.g. Bunker Hill H-E-B).

Pretty much any new intersection is outfitted with several cameras. Not just the vehicle-sensing cameras in the mast arms, but actual CCTV cameras on the posts.

Meanwhile I'm typing this post on the GPS tracker we all willingly carry everywhere we go. Not to go down all F16, but the surveillance state genie is so far out of the bottle, worrying about it now is a waste of time.
but like everything in this country, it will get bloated and too old to maintain that it all essentially becomes worthless.
Ciboag96
Other categories. In b4 "rookie numbers"

Code Offense Title Total YTD2022 Diff%

Kidnapping/Abduction 193 181 6.63%
Rape 329 356 -7.58%
Sodomy 299 239 25.10%
Sexual Assault with an Object 8 3 166.67%
Fondling 296 307 -3.58%
Aggravated Assault 8,192 9,065 -9.63%
Simple Assault 12,878 13,328 -3.38%
Intimidation 10,459 10,534 -0.71%

Robbery 3,265 3,658 -10.74%
Burglary/Breaking and Entering 6,855 6,819 0.53%
Shoplifting 5,834 5,245 11.23%
Theft From Motor Vehicle 14,714 12,797 14.98%
Motor Vehicle Theft 10,009 8,478 18.06%
texagbeliever
YellAg2004 said:

If this thread has taught me anything it is that it isn't a lack of information that is preventing criminals from being locked up but the motivation of the people with the information.
htxag09
AG
Anyone reporting a drop in crime statistics should be forced to also compare to 2019…..a drop doesn't really mean **** when the numbers shot up and destroyed a "normal" baseline

For reference, murders in
2019 - 291
2021 - 477
2022 - 435

So murders would need to drop over 30% to just be where we were prepandemic.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Didn't it come out that there some funny business with the numbers, along the lines that LEO agencies weren't reporting them as before?

ETA- something along these lines:
https://thetexan.news/harris-county-sheriffs-office-delays-september-crime-report-due-to-technical-issues/
Ciboag96
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/08/01/man-in-wheelchair-shot-during-robbery-near-midtown/

Vunnables robbin vulnerables.

Quote:

Houston police are looking for a suspect after a man in a wheelchair was robbed at a park near Midtown on Tuesday.
Officers were dispatched to a shooting around 3 a.m. in the 3800 block of Live Oak Street.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.