Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,645 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Anti-taxxer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is making the rounds! He is at the press conference with the dad whose kid was attacked by the teacher at Humble HS.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/a-teacher-is-at-the-center-of-an-investigation-after-hes-caught-on-camera-accused-of-assaulting-a-student.amp
TX04Aggie
AG
Interesting sign behind him….
Irish 2.0
**** Qx! I will personally contribute to the defense fund if the grand jury does not no bill this guy.

Isn't a no bill a defense against civil also? Because that's all that ******* is there for.
File5
AG
First time I've seen this video...what happened before this?
Anti-taxxer
AG
The story I heard was that the teacher in the purple hoodie was helping a teacher in another classroom, and asked the kid to stop talking and sit down.

Not sure how it spun so wildly out of control.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
RealTalk said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/club-shooting-houston/285-205cf76d-0ddf-4d6b-bcaa-b99cf858184d
Once in a while I'll go to Gearheads in the same shopping center to have a few beers. Guess I'm gonna put a stop to that.

I would say you are probably good if you do not go late at night mama always said that nothing good happens after 0200….
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
What does the sign say?
W
AG
interesting...it took the black activists 10 days to pop up for the Taqueria case
maroon barchetta
W said:

interesting...it took the black activists 10 days to pop up for the Taqueria case

https://abc13.com/customer-shoots-suspect-el-ranchito-taqueria-quanell-x-grand-jury/12707206/

"It's overkill"

No. Just one.
Al Bula
AG
Wow. The whole community and the robber's family are a bunch of enabling bloodsuckers looking for a payday. Every single time.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
"The man was not wrong for the initial shots," Quanell said. "He was wrong for the continuous shooting when the man was dead, in my opinion, and no longer posing a threat."

I agree. Shooting dead people is wrong, and something oughta be done about it.

After they get a handle on the whole "turning murderers out early and not putting them back in when they violate their parole" thing
Ciboag96
Charismatic Megafauna said:

"The man was not wrong for the initial shots," Quanell said. "He was wrong for the continuous shooting when the man was dead, in my opinion, and no longer posing a threat."

Wholeheartedly agree. Unlawful vandalism of a corpse. $50 fine. Don't do it again.
Smeghead4761
Ciboag96 said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Unlawful vandalism of a corpse. $50 fine. Don't do it again.
There's an extended discussion thread of this over in F16. The best article I've found on the incident is this one: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/houston-taqueria-shooting-legally-justified-killing-or-simply-an-execution/

Tl;Dr version:
- first 4 shots, totally justified and legal
- second 4 shots, ambiguous, doubtfully enough for probable cause and almost certainly not for beyond reasonable doubt
- it's the last shot, at close range, to the head, while the shooter has the robber's gun in his hand, that's going to get him in hot water.

And by TPC 42.08, Abuse of a Corpse is a state jail felony, FYI.
The Wonderer
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/club-shooting-houston/285-205cf76d-0ddf-4d6b-bcaa-b99cf858184d
My old bar was at the location until shutting it down in 2016. I knew that place was going downhill, but damn
TarponChaser
rilloaggie said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-activists-taqueria-robbery-shooting/285-260bf912-7e5d-4d43-a335-193924b5c5fc

Quanell has entered the chat

Aww, that little dindu was getting his life together. He was going to enroll in junior college this semester too.
TarponChaser
Smeghead4761 said:

Ciboag96 said:

There's an extended discussion thread of this over in F16. The best article I've found on the incident is this one: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/houston-taqueria-shooting-legally-justified-killing-or-simply-an-execution/

Tl;Dr version:
- second 4 shots, ambiguous, doubtfully enough for probable cause and almost certainly not for beyond reasonable doubt
- it's the last shot, at close range, to the head, while the shooter has the robber's gun in his hand, that's going to get him in hot water.

According to the attorney commenting in the news article, those last shots don't matter. If he's justified in those first 4 shots the last 4 are justified too.
Irish 2.0
TarponChaser said:

Smeghead4761 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Tl;Dr version:

According to the attorney commenting in the news article, those last shots don't matter. If he's justified in those first 4 shots the last 4 are justified too.

I honestly don't thing the grand jury will indict. I don't think Ogg wants the PR from the 2nd Amendment types while crime has been skyrocketing in the city. Because if they do, the attorney he has now won't be the one defending him and the national 2A lobbyists will foot the bill for the trial.

I could also see Abbott immediately granting a full pardon if he were ever convicted.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

TarponChaser said:

Smeghead4761 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Tl;Dr version:

I honestly don't thing the grand jury will indict. I don't think Ogg wants the PR from the 2nd Amendment types while crime has been skyrocketing in the city. Because if they do, the attorney he has now won't be the one defending him and the national 2A lobbyists will foot the bill for the trial.

I could also see Abbott immediately granting a full pardon if he were ever convicted.
He won't.
Irish 2.0
I don't think it would ever get that far.

I just think it would give him a boost amongst a lot of conservatives pissed off about his COVID handling and not like he would lose any supporters over it.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I don't think it would ever get that far.

I just think it would give him a boost amongst a lot of conservatives pissed off about his COVID handling and not like he would lose any supporters over it.
It could also generate a ****storm that a gov is interfering with the judicial system that could easily piss off the left in a state that is already turning colors and the right that believes in trusting in law and order.
drumboy
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Tl;Dr version:

Abuse of a corpse sounds more like cutting up a body you know is dead, or maybe inserting your meat dagger into it. This case seems more like making 100% sure the robber ended up as a corpse.

Cop who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson fired 12 times, hitting him 6 time FYI.
Ciboag96
Po Po been smashing folk

Anti-taxxer
AG
One of them struck a pedestrian on a feeder road of Wilcrest yesterday.

Not sure why someone was attempting to walk across a feeder road…
htxag09
AG
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/judge-sets-1-bond-for-43-year-old-repeat-offender-accused-of-kidnapping-beating-woman

Quote:

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas - It's in black and white. 43-year-old Aubrey Taylor is a habitual offender.

"You've got eight prior felony convictions, two of them for robbery," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.

According to court documents, the DA's Office wanted Taylor jailed with no bond or a high bond, because he's accused of holding the victim in his car for several days and repeatedly choking her and beating her.

"He's charged with two serious violent offenses," Kahan said.

232nd Criminal District Court Judge Josh Hill made Friday the 13th a lucky day for Taylor. He granted him an unheard of bond amount.

"A dollar bill," said Kahan. "Since there were two cases, a 2-dollar bill."

"I have never seen that before," said criminal defense attorney Emily Detoto. "In fact, when you first told me about it, I thought you were joking."
Sea Speed
AG
I wonder if someone beat that judge with a bar of soap in a sock they would get such a low bond amount. What a ****ing joke.
maroon barchetta
Zero surprise here.
Billy Baroo
AG
Every day in Harris County is like the scene in Ghostbusters where they shut down the grid and all the ghosts are released and wreak havoc on the city.
The Wonderer
AG
Billy Baroo said:

Every day in Harris County is like the scene in Ghostbusters where they shut down the grid and all the ghosts are released and wreak havoc on the city.
HtownAg92
AG
Billy Baroo said:

Except the "Yes it's true..." line may not apply to our DA?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

*whoops, that's from yesterday
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Meanwhile in Louisiana....
Chick stabs her ex after they hooked up and he pissed himself in her bed, she administers first aid and drives him to the hospital, presumably a first violent offense, and they set her bail at 5 Mil!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article271272392.html
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
This one's nuts. Homeless couple shot in their legs while they were sleeping in a tent.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cw39.com/news/local/hpd-2-people-shot-in-the-leg-in-southwest-houston/amp/
This article doesn't say it but i believe i read earlier that the cops ran over someone on their way to respond?
Sea Speed
AG
Microwave Onions said:

*whoops, that's from yesterday

Bro needs to give up on those dreadlocks
Diggity
AG
Guess who's back...back again?

Waltonloads08
AG
Again, we keep being told violent criminals aren't getting a pass with bail reform yet again and again violent criminals are demonstrably being given a pass by judges who err on the side of the offender even if they are a habitual violent offender.

is this social justice?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.