Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,619 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BG Knocc Out said:

Build It said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Article said "some Bandidos paraphernalia was found at scene"

The Banditos are such a larger club. It's going to be full on war.
Google "Homietos MC". Looks like a rag tag group of cholos who grew out of their Tango Blast phase. Seems like the Bandidos could completely eradicate them if they wanted to. They have all gotta be watching their backs 24/7.
Homietos going to end up on the list of extinct species. They picked the wrong group to go up against...
jrrhouston98
AG
I had some buddies that used to be pretty wild on crotch rockets. About 15 years ago they were headed down to Galveston for bike week or something. They were riding fast down 45. One of them decides to pop a wheelie at well over 100 mph and ride past all the bandidos. Those guys got pissed as they took it as disrespect. A couple of them rode up behind my other buddy and started smacking him with a chain and trying to pull the key out of the ignition. He was able to slip away and got the heck out of there. Not a group of folks to mess with.
MAS444
AG
I've known a number of Bandidos over the years and the ones I've known have been pretty salt of the earth, hard working dudes. Just guessing...but I'd think the real bad guys are a small percentage.
schmellba99
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Democrats have zero credibility. It's not about the firearms. It's about the political power.
I'm curious as to how they could be released by the county/city when this is a federal crime and they should have been charged in federal court.
Irish 2.0
Same for arresting and releasing illegal immigrants when they should be held. These gov't lackies don't care about the rule of law
schmellba99
AG
Microwave Onions said:

And LOL at anyone who thinks Barbecue Inn is in the scariest part of town. Someone needs to sign up for a hood tour.
Interesting topic.

What are the worst areas, say top 10 worst from worst to not quite as worse?
schmellba99
AG
JSKolache said:

Haven't had a 30 page biker gang war thread in several years. Onward...
That may have been the biggest thread I ever started. I think I gave up around page 50 or 60 and it kept going. That whole ordeal was an absolute shtshow.
schmellba99
AG
htxag09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

htxag09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

https://abc13.com/carters-country-store-shooting-employee-shoots-man-houston-father-killed-terry-evans-death/13145497/

Thoughts on this one?
Who is to know he isn't running outside to get weapon from his car himself or running to take cover to return fire? I'd say justified, but Ogg will probably lead the grand jury down an indictment of the shooter.

I'd agree with no charges, but this is quite the stretch….
Why is it a stretch? How many times have we read about someone committing a crime and then returning to extract more vengeance? We don't know what is in the mind of a criminal that has already broken the law. Where is the line drawn for the criminal and how far he/she is willing to go? I don't know what is in their mind and it isn't something I would leave to chance.
I'd say 99.99999% of people in that situation would think this person is fleeing to get away with the money. If he had a gun in the car, he would have brought it with him.

Also, this doesn't help that argument:
Quote:

several employees who testified in video-recorded depositions said they never feared for their lives during the encounter.
Again, I say no charge. I think you should have a right to protect your property. The minute he opened that cash register to take money out he lost all sympathy from me and any defense against what happens next. I also agree with STS that I'm not waiting to see if he has a gun or not. If he's robbing me, I assume he does.

But, I just don't believe any jury or judge would believe this guy if he said he was in fear for his life because he thought this dude was running out the door to get a firearm he left in his car.
I would, which is why I'll never be selected for jury duty on anything of substance.

If a m'fer is brave/dumb enough to rob a gun store while unarmed, I'm assuming he's brave/dumb enough to do something colossally stupid - like coming back in after the fact but this time armed.
schmellba99
AG
MAS444 said:

I've known a number of Bandidos over the years and the ones I've known have been pretty salt of the earth, hard working dudes. Just guessing...but I'd think the real bad guys are a small percentage.
That's why they wear a 1% or 2% patch

If you are going to mess with non-Banditos biker "clubs" down here, best thing you can do is leave some sort of Banditos marker around because that is going to focus the investigation on the biggest "club" in the area that has a roll of somewhat suspect people.

I worked with a woman years ago who's dad was one of the higher ups in the 'club'. She told me about some of the initiations that newbies had to go through. Hard pass, even back then when I was young and pretty much thought I was bullet proof. Nope, those dudes are pretty crazy and not to be trifled with.
Ciboag96
MAS444 said:

I read a book on the biker gang phenomenon years ago and think I recall it saying in Texas the Bandidos require that you ask permission to wear the Texas rocker on your cuts as they consider it theirs and only theirs to wear.
HtownAg92
AG
Ciboag96 said:

MAS444 said:

I read a book on the biker gang phenomenon years ago and think I recall it saying in Texas the Bandidos require that you ask permission to wear the Texas rocker on your cuts as they consider it theirs and only theirs to wear.
My brother-in-law is a cop in Memphis area and was in a LEO motorcycle "club". They were doing what clubs do -- long ride, shooting pool, drinking beers in some highway dive -- when my BIL was confronted at the bar by someone saying that he was not allowed to have bars or stripes or something on his vest. Not sure what big gang he was affiliated with. My BIL disagreed, of course, and asked if he wanted to repeat what he said in back to the rest of the boys. Guy walked back there and saw 20 cops and said never mind.
jetch17
AG
BG Knocc Out
schmellba99 said:

Microwave Onions said:

And LOL at anyone who thinks Barbecue Inn is in the scariest part of town. Someone needs to sign up for a hood tour.
Interesting topic.

I would argue that that intersection near BBQ Inn is sketchy AF after dark and that North Main between 43rd and 610 looks like war torn Mogadishu and I would not want to break down on one of those streets. It kind of reminds me of how 4th ward was still a really bad, but shrinking, pocket of ghetto when it was beginning to gentrify.

Yeah, if you look at a crime map, it's probably not the worst, and clueless whites are starting to move in as "urban pioneers", but it's a bad area for sure. Just drive around there at night on a friday and you'll catch the vibe real quick.
BG Knocc Out
schmellba99 said:

MAS444 said:

That's why they wear a 1% or 2% patch

If you are going to mess with non-Banditos biker "clubs" down here, best thing you can do is leave some sort of Banditos marker around because that is going to focus the investigation on the biggest "club" in the area that has a roll of somewhat suspect people.

I worked with a woman years ago who's dad was one of the higher ups in the 'club'. She told me about some of the initiations that newbies had to go through. Hard pass, even back then when I was young and pretty much thought I was bullet proof. Nope, those dudes are pretty crazy and not to be trifled with.
I knew a girl whose dad was a president in the Bandidos here in Houston, although I don't know how significant that is or how much geography a "president" of an MC has authority over. Wondering if it could have been the same girl, but don't want to say her name on here. Starts with an L.

She was a bartender at Catty Corner in Oak Forest while in between jobs for a while. When she worked there, the place would be crawling with Bandidos and Los Hermanos on some nights.
I Am A Critic
BG Knocc Out said:

schmellba99 said:

Microwave Onions said:

Interesting topic.

I would argue that that intersection near BBQ Inn is sketchy AF after dark and that North Main between 43rd and 610 looks like war torn Mogadishu and I would not want to break down on one of those streets. It kind of reminds me of how 4th ward was still a really bad, but shrinking, pocket of ghetto when it was beginning to gentrify.

Yeah, if you look at a crime map, it's probably not the worst, and clueless whites are starting to move in as "urban pioneers", but it's a bad area for sure. Just drive around there at night on a friday and you'll catch the vibe real quick.
Every time I've been to BBQ Inn, there have been no less than 3 HPD units in the parking lot and at least as many officers inside enjoying a meal. I've always felt safe there.
Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
jetch17 said:

HtownAg92
AG
schmellba99 said:

Microwave Onions said:

Interesting topic.

I haven't paid attention to stats that closely, but I'd say traditionally the bloody nickel, Cullen souf of 610, Gunspoint, Gulfton Ghetto and Norf Forest area were pretty terrible. From all accounts 1960 area around 45 has joined or overtaken some of these spots.
maroon barchetta
HtownAg92 said:

schmellba99 said:

Microwave Onions said:

Interesting topic.

I haven't paid attention to stats that closely, but I'd say traditionally the bloody nickel, Cullen souf of 610, Gunspoint, Gulfton Ghetto and Norf Forest area were pretty terrible. From all accounts 1960 area around 45 has joined or overtaken some of these spots.

Acres Homes!
Sunnyside!
Anything along South Post Oak
Anything along West Bellfort outside the loop
BG Knocc Out
maroon barchetta said:

HtownAg92 said:

schmellba99 said:

Microwave Onions said:

Interesting topic.

Acres Homes!
Sunnyside!
Anything along South Post Oak
Anything along West Bellfort outside the loop
Wife sent me to Sunnyside one Sunday last summer to pick up some patio furniture. "I think it's down around Meyerland" she told me when I asked what part of town, so I was assuming maybe Westbury. My dumbass didn't plug in directions until I hit 610 from 290. After I loaded up the back of my truck, I stopped in the street to pull up best directions home and after a few seconds some doped up lookin cholo came out to my truck and politely asked what i was doing there. I told him I was hauling stuff and pulling up directions home and he smiled and said said "ok" and ran off. He had to have been methed up or coked out of his mind....looked paranoid AF.

Anyways, I learned that day to fact check the sh** out of my wife any time she is giving me directions.
Sea Speed
AG
I used to spend a LOT of time around s post oak and West Belfort when i was a teenager. I am honestly surprised we didn't get in to more trouble in those days.
BG Knocc Out
Sea Speed said:

I used to spend a LOT of time around s post oak and West Belfort when i was a teenager. I am honestly surprised we didn't get in to more trouble in those days.
One of the low key shadier places we used to cruise out of morbid curiosity as high schoolers in Spring Branch was the Montrose area. I don't think many folks now realize just how seedy it got a block off of Westheimer not far east of Montrose back in the 90's. You'd see black tr@nny hookers built like Clydesdales wearing next to nothing hanging in peoples' yards waiting for their next client. These were some nice ass historic homes too. Can't imagine living amongst that. We obviously acted like punks and yelled stupid immature sh** at all of the freaks. Sorry not sorry.
Sea Speed
AG
They couldn't stray far from their home base of Numbers. Boy howdy the people watching at that place over the years was something else.
jrrhouston98
AG
That was a terrifying area for several reasons during that timeframe.
MAS444
AG
I lived in Montrose during that time and it was awesome.
Sea Speed
AG
I lived there for several years starting around 2002 and agree it was a hell of a good time. Hell of a good time. Seems like a lifetime ago though.
MAS444
AG
1996 - 2004 for me. Walked down to the Westheimer street festival one day when I first moved there and couldn't believe my eyes. Hung out in the Ming's parking lot and watched the Hightailers play for the first of many times. Puked in someone's yard on the way home. Great times.

It had all changed quite a bit by the time I moved.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sea Speed said:

Why? Was the AMC movie theater still there? I can't' think of anywhere else around there where teenagers would hang out. International Ballroom wasn't too far away, but I didn't really know about it and only went there once, I think.
StillNotAnAggie
SIAP.
Carter's Country gonna burn soon now that they are hyping this up. But, but, but he was a good boy...
https://abc13.com/carters-country-store-shooting-employee-shoots-man-houston-father-killed-terry-evans-death/13145497/
Sea Speed
AG
Had a really good friend that lived down there and we were always hanging out doing whatever with all of his friends in the area. Pretty sure he owns lovebuzz pizza and some other places now. Haven't talked to him in a while.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I live close enough to s. Post oak and w. Bellfort that i can hear the kids setting off fireworks some nights
jetch17
AG
Dude the IBall … crazy some of the shows as a youngin we caught there
Ciboag96
Kids today. If only there were laws against minors having firearms, or even laws against shooting people.

15-year-old girl shot when gunfire erupted during argument between group on Yale Street, HPD said

Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Within 24 hours, Houston police found themselves working two separate shooting scenes on Yale Street.
On Tuesday, a 15-year-old girl was taken to a hospital in critical condition after a shooting broke out between a group of people at 100 Yale St.
Houston police said the incident happened just before 6 p.m. and the group was walking through a parking lot in the area when an altercation ensued. Shots were exchanged between members of the group.
At the scene, officers found a 15-year-old girl with a gunshot wound. She was taken to the hospital.
During the investigation, officers found a 15-year-old boy with a graze wound on the arm.

Quote:

"The rest of the kids ran away. I was on the other side of the apartment of the railroad tracks. I saw the kid get up, and he's freaking out and kept looking at the ground, and I saw he grabbed his gun and throws it over the ledge," Duncan said. "Then he's just freaking out, so I ran over here and held the wound, make sure she didn't bleed out."
Jeff Patel
AG
How about this? If you use a firearm in the commission of a felony, it is 10 years automatic prison sentence with no parole. This 10 year term would be tacked onto the felony conviction and no plea deals.

Diggity
AG
Headline should actually read:

Quote:

NRG Stadium (Taylor's Version)-area shooting kills man in car waiting at intersection, HPD says

Silly ABC.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-man-shot-to-death-found-dead-at-intersection-near-nrg-shooting-stadium/13162433/
W
AG
so it's been a week since the biker shootout on I-45

no arrests yet apparently

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.