Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,627 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bassmaster said:

CDUB98 said:

Likely couldn't prove murder on technicality. Did he die from the car accident or the gunshot wound?

Now, all of us logically thinking people see no real distinction because if he had not been shot he would not have had a car crash, nor does anyone pull out a gun and shoot someone without the intent to kill them.

And, of course, there was the self-defense argument that was likely all a lie.

Homie likely will be back out on the street in no time doing his thing.
Doesn't matter. Shooting a gun into an occupied car is a felony. Someone died in the commission of that felony. That's felony murder.
Self-defense fails if the defendant alleging such was the aggressor or was committing a crime at the time of the assault. Now, D could make the argument that there was an escalation of force necessitating the use of deadly force (a car is a deadly weapon and his ATV was not when the victim was inside of a vehicle), but again, if they are the aggressor or committing a crime, that is a very large hurdle to overcome.
CDUB98
AG
IIRC from one article I read, the defense was saying the driver hit the ATV unprovoked, thus self-defense.

But, like I said, I'm 99.9% sure it was all a lie.
Bassmaster
AG
Bless your little heart.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
CDUB98
AG
Need to lock that lawyer in the pokey for a few hours for dishonoring the court.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Detectives with League City Police Department said they were contacted by a detective with Friendswood Police Department about a suspicious white Jeep with "extremely dark tinted" windows parked in the parking lot of a Chase Bank located on FM 646.

At 2:40 p.m. Monday, investigators said a woman exited the bank reportedly holding cash in her hand. As detectives noticed she walked toward her vehicle and drove off, the Jeep appeared to follow her.
The Jeep continued to pursue the woman on I-45 south for 17 miles, and that was when detectives called for backup to stop the suspect's vehicle for fear that they would attempt to rob her.

A deputy with Galveston County Sheriff's Office assisted League City PD in conducting the traffic stop.

Sea Speed
AG
It wasn't that long ago that some hoodrats followed a guy from league city home from dinner downtown and robbed and murdered him. Can't recall if it was a double murder or not.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

It wasn't that long ago that some hoodrats followed a guy from league city home from dinner downtown and robbed and murdered him. Can't recall if it was a double murder or not.

Didn't they steal a high end car from him?
BG Knocc Out
Ha this made me think of this thread…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0iIWrHLJVB/
MAROON
AG
Gold Presidential Rolex if I recall. He lived in Bal Harbor over near Nassau Bay. They followed him all the way from The Capitol Grille on Westheimer
LarryElder
DustysLineup said:

Quote:

Detectives with League City Police Department said they were contacted by a detective with Friendswood Police Department about a suspicious white Jeep with "extremely dark tinted" windows parked in the parking lot of a Chase Bank located on FM 646.

At 2:40 p.m. Monday, investigators said a woman exited the bank reportedly holding cash in her hand. As detectives noticed she walked toward her vehicle and drove off, the Jeep appeared to follow her.
The Jeep continued to pursue the woman on I-45 south for 17 miles, and that was when detectives called for backup to stop the suspect's vehicle for fear that they would attempt to rob her.

A deputy with Galveston County Sheriff's Office assisted League City PD in conducting the traffic stop.

Oh that's them I'm shocked
wessimo
AG
sts7049
AG
gotta be drug related/motivated
Tone2002
Hmmm….
CDUB98
AG
wessimo said:

Oh, oh, oh, and guess what! She was....wait for it........

OUT ON BOND!!
maroon barchetta
I'm shocked.
wessimo
AG

P.H. Dexippus
AG
No way she is guilty. With a name like "Sky Blossom", she's clearly a peaceful Indian princess.
Diggity
AG

Flashdiaz
AG
DustysLineup said:

Quote:

Major kudos to the police for responding and preventing a crime from occurring!

now if only the judges would do their jobs and not let them immediately back out on the street...
Ciboag96
Flashdiaz said:

now if only the judges would do their jobs and not let them immediately back out on the street...

wessimo
AG
Good thing they got picked up in Galveston county, $200k bond each.
Ciboag96
Female and Asian murderer? What a massive improvement in the ESG/DEI scores for murderers in Houston. Finally seeing some really equity improvements in that space.
Ciboag96
Mistrial. Thought PR Bonds were bad, wait until these murderers are all acquitted outright. "Equity"

Ciboag96
Sea Speed
AG
How tf is this even possible? He was found guilty and then a mistrial during sentencing? What the hell?
swimmerbabe11
The Wonderer! We need a lawyer.

This is wierd. who/how ff'd up badly enough for this?
CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

What in the ever living ****?!!

Setting aside that he should have been convicted of murder in the first place, how can a mistrial be declared AFTER conviction?!!
Coog97
We're well beyond the time for this.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
CheeseSndwch
Ain't no justice like vigilante justice!
Ciboag96
Out on 3 bonds and then ****ing kidnaps 4 people for ransom? Give him 4 more bonds and turn that future brain surgeon aloose!

maroon barchetta
Idiot voters.
sts7049
AG
why can't Kahan name the judge and court in these tweets? it would be so much easier for the readers
TriAg2010
AG
Sea Speed said:

How tf is this even possible? He was found guilty and then a mistrial during sentencing? What the hell?

I was on a jury that came extremely close to a mistrial during sentencing because - amazingly - there was some misunderstanding of what unanimous meant when the judge polled the jury. The guilt/innocence verdict was very easy and quick, but on sentencing jury ranged from straight probation to maximum jail time. It was about 12 hours of deliberations before the last person agreed to the sentence.

If I'm ever on a jury again, after we reach a verdict I'm going to say to everyone "Look, the judge is going to ask if this is our unanimous verdict. Let's do a practice run. Juror #1? Juror #2?"
rilloaggie
AG
HOA pools under siege!

At 11:45AM on Friday a drunk dude ran through a parking lot and crashed his car through a fence and into our community pool. He apparently was able to get himself out of the car but was too drunk to get out of the pool without assistance!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.