Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,629 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard about the body being found in Meyerland yesterday. Guess it didn't take long for the scumbag to confess. Crazy story.

https://abc13.com/houston-woman-found-dead-in-trunk-meyerland-body-ariel-cruz-murder-charge-indigo-street-police-activity/14117312/

Gotta love the crack police work involved as well.

Bondag
AG
lb sand said:

Quote:

HPD said four suspects followed closely behind in a gray Nissan Altima
also, no description of the 4 "suspects". We don't know if they were male/female, tall/short, fat/skinny, tattoos, hair length/color. Forget about skin tone.

I guess by no description, we can all use our imagination to guess what the suspects look like.

George Floyd was a saint
maroon barchetta
Say his name.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Lt. Alias Smith?!? Guess Detective John Doe was busy.
Diggity
AG
Ha. Missed that somehow
maroon barchetta
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/woman-stealing-guitars-houston-stores/285-a8dfd1a5-8e03-4013-a9a9-9337b323570b

Woman going from store to store stealing expensive guitars.
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

In a surveillance video, the woman was seen running out of the store with an instrument, getting into a U-Haul and driving away.
Her getaway vehicle is a U-Haul.
maroon barchetta
Biz Ag said:

Quote:

In a surveillance video, the woman was seen running out of the store with an instrument, getting into a U-Haul and driving away.
Her getaway vehicle is a U-Haul.

Maybe she is outfitting a band for a tour and already has the gear hauler vehicle.
BSD
AG
Spring Branch ISD Police out there doing the Lord's work.

Quote:

Dear SBISD Families, Staff and Community,

At 7:21 a.m. this morning, the Spring Branch ISD (SBISD) Police were notified of a suspect attempting to steal vehicles at Buffalo Creek Elementary School during morning arrival.

SBISD Police responded immediately and pursued the suspect who had left the school property and had subsequently carjacked two separate vehicles during the pursuit.

While being pursued by the SBISD Police, the suspect driving a stolen vehicle hit several other vehicles. He vacated the stolen vehicle and fled on foot.

The SBISD Police officer continued pursuit of the individual. When the suspect pointed his weapon at the SBISD Police officer, the officer responded, firing several shots and killing the suspect. The SBISD Police officer was unharmed. This took place in the 2800 block of Campbell Road.

While on the grounds of Buffalo Creek Elementary, the suspect, who was armed and dangerous, may have tried to enter the school. The suspect was unable to enter the building as all doors were locked in accordance with SBISD safety protocols.

The Houston Police Department confirmed the suspect had allegedly murdered a family member earlier in the morning.

I applaud our Spring Branch ISD Police for acting swiftly to protect our school during arrival and our Buffalo Creek Elementary staff who responded immediately and followed our district's safety protocols.

I also thank our SBISD Board of Trustees for their strong commitment to safety and security and for requiring our locked-door protocol for all district schools and facilities.

Spring Branch ISD and the Spring Branch ISD Police will always place the safety and security of our students, staff and families as our highest priority.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Good grief he tried to enter the school?

And why they gonna blur the guitar thief's face?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I've heard so many stories of guys getting their gear stolen at Fitz and other places while they were loading or unloading that I would have no problem believing that.
CDUB98
AG
Thank you officer for saving the tax payers a lot of money by taking out the trash.
swimmerbabe11
No telling how much worse that could have been if doors weren't locked
maroon barchetta
That officer should get a medal.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Give some props to the Principal for making sure the doors were locked and working properly. Uvalde would have gone down a lot differently if they hadn't propped the door open.
The Wonderer
AG
"may have tried to enter the school"

So did he or did he not? How do they know, surveillance footage? Or was this an easy way to pat themselves on the back for a "look at us" moment that may or may not have happened?
swimmerbabe11
leave it to the lawyer to notice a minute detail in the wording of the story that puts a major detail into question.
maroon barchetta
Milwaukees Best Light said:

maroon barchetta said:

Give some props to the Principal for making sure the doors were locked and working properly. Uvalde would have gone down a lot differently if they hadn't propped the door open.

Two medals and a parade.
The Wonderer
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

leave it to the lawyer to notice a minute detail in the wording of the story that puts a major detail into question.
It's almost like it's my job or something.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical *******.

swimmerbabe11
the two aren't mutually exclusive, my dear friend.
HtownAg92
AG
This was a wonderful story with a fantastic happy ending, until...

Ciboag96
swimmerbabe11 said:

the two aren't mutually exclusive, my dear friend.

Bazingo!
themissinglink
AG
Expect this to be counted as a "school shooting" in the statistics
HtownWilly12
themissinglink said:

Expect this to be counted as a "school shooting" in the statistics
What's your point here? You hope it doesn't inflate school shooting numbers as if there is an appropriate number you can sleep tight with in a year?
themissinglink
AG
That a number of the school shooting statistics use incidents that aren't what most people would consider a "school shooting".

What's your point in responding? That we should accept inflated statistics design to mislead the public about the nature and extent of the problem in order to accept a preferred policy approach?
HtownWilly12
themissinglink said:

That a number of the school shooting statistics use incidents that aren't what most people would consider a "school shooting".

What's your point in responding? That we should accept inflated statistics design to mislead the public about the nature and extent of the problem in order to accept a preferred policy approach?
My point in responding is that even a single incident at a school is too many and we should continue to monitor and develop policy that protect kids. I'm pretty sure if you poll the parents at the school that they would unanimously respond that they appreciate the policies in place that led to their kids not being shot whether they got that way by "inflated" statistics or not.
YellAg2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

themissinglink said:

My point in responding is that even a single incident at a school is too many and we should continue to monitor and develop policy that protect kids. I'm pretty sure if you poll the parents at the school that they would unanimously respond that they appreciate the policies in place that led to their kids not being shot whether they got that way by "inflated" statistics or not.
Of course they would. And guess which policy ultimately worked...the magic curtain of declaring the school a gun-free zone or physical barriers such as locked doors, controlled access, and good guys with guns?

Now which policy are the sham school-shooting statistics used to push?
MAS444
AG
And...officially derailed...
CDUB98
AG
^ Politics board is that way
|
|
Martin Q. Blank
YellAg2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

themissinglink said:

Of course they would. And guess which policy ultimately worked...the magic curtain of declaring the school a gun-free zone or physical barriers such as locked doors, controlled access, and good guys with guns?

Now which policy are the sham school-shooting statistics used to push?
Gun-free zone
themissinglink
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

themissinglink said:

I don't think anyone in "for" school shootings, but I think reasonable people can disagree about the policy approach.

In this instance, good guy shot and killed bad guy. Including this incident in a statistic to argue good guys should not have guns seems misleading, doesn't it?
TarponChaser
HtownWilly12 said:

themissinglink said:

But the misleading stats classify a couple gangbangers shooting at each other in the street in front of a school at midnight a "school shooting" when no reasonable person would. It's cynically inflating a stat for a political goal.
YellAg2004
AG
Re-direct...Neighbor's truck was broken into last night. Camera caught a guy with pants halfway down to his knees and a hoodie. Odds that he was also driving a silver altima with paper plates?
swimmerbabe11
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/NWpW5xPUCQjKiYbz/?mibextid=kLWPF4
HtownWilly12
themissinglink said:

HtownWilly12 said:

themissinglink said:

I don't think anyone in "for" school shootings, but I think reasonable people can disagree about the policy approach.

In this instance, good guy shot and killed bad guy. Including this incident in a statistic to argue good guys should not have guns seems misleading, doesn't it?
I'm all for the good guy taking out the bad guy so don't get me wrong there. To answer your question, idk. I mean the incident started at the school and he fled. Does that mean if a bank robber flees and is shot/killed at a grocery store the bank robbery stat doesn't apply? Seems like it's still partially school shooting related but I could also agree that it is not the same as a shooting at a school. Also, good guys should have guns and more good guys on site is never a bad thing.

I just get annoyed with people's posts on here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.