Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,665 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smeghead4761 said:

if the Chronicle decided to run a crime blotter, listing every arrest and reported crime (theft, robbery, car break ins, murder, criminal mischief, etc), how many pages and column inches would the print version run, even if it was just HPD?

Thicker than a 1984 phone book
Ciboag96
Another murder-suicide. What the ****

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/league-city-murder-suicide/285-d65cd72d-0016-4f4e-9a00-2c6ecdab4be9
agproducer
AG
This is absolutely heartbreaking. That little girl must have been so terrified in her final moments.

https://abc13.com/child-killed-during-police-chase-2-year-old-girl-found-dead-after-swat-standoff-harris-county-texas-deontray-flanagan/12985308/
TarponChaser
Did we discuss this one? The assault occurred in October 2022 where the poor little girl's mother died at the hospital and the 2-year old baby girl's remains were apparently recovered yesterday after she had been missing since then.

Absolutely heartbreaking. These stories of children being harmed make me physically ill and the rage at these mother****ers who harm them is immeasurable.

https://abc13.com/nadia-lee-death-missing-human-remains-found-girl-dead/12983012/
BBRex
AG
Probably 1.5-2 pages. well, 1990 pages. Probably double that now. Keep in mind it would be Astros box score type.
Ciboag96
Echos of Black Girl Maaaaaaggiiiiiccc. New judge finally slaps a bigun on him. He'll probably still get out in exchange for a half-used Wal Mart gift card, a pan of his abuela's pork tamales and a 2007 Ford Taurus.

sts7049
AG
new 263rd judge is melissa morris (D). she beat amy martin in the primary. kinda broke that narrative
jrrhouston98
AG
Go figure. And why is this on Fox and not on any local news?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-teen-accused-paralyzing-woman-jugging-robbery-200000-bond-cut-half
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I was just coming here to post this.. who cares if this thugs POS family couldn't make the bond. Ridiculous..
cajunaggie08
AG
In this case, the judge had an R next to her name. It seems its not as much a partisan issue as it is a crowding issue
StillNotAnAggie
TitanAGGIE09 said:

I was just coming here to post this.. who cares if this thugs POS family couldn't make the bond. Ridiculous..

Since we can't count on the courts or the justice system, we can hope that street justice catches up with him. *fingerscrossed
atmtws
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

In this case, the judge had an R next to her name. It seems its not as much a partisan issue as it is a crowding issue
Start shoving them into the Astrodome. Keep them off our streets.
maroon barchetta
StillNotAnAggie said:

TitanAGGIE09 said:

Since we can't count on the courts or the justice system, we can hope that street justice catches up with him. *fingerscrossed

Are the Triads still around? Shouldn't they handle this?
Kellso
Houston, Iraq, or Chicago?
Which place would you feel the most unsafe?

Reading through this thread is depressing. It makes me feel sorry for people that have to live in the Houston area.
MAS444
AG
Yeah Houston for sure. It's a sad, sad life.
schmellba99
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Maybe if the judges hadn't taken 2 full years off and were forced to work more than a few hours a day, they could start clearing some of the backlog and crowding issues.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Harris County judges are more worried about the feelings/rights of the criminals, instead of the victims.
cajunaggie08
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

TitanAGGIE09 said:

Harris County judges are more worried about the feelings/rights of the criminals, instead of the victims.
They are also worried about the 8th Amendment. Judges have been taking into account a criminal's and their family's ability to pay. I dont know what the proper balance is. If you set bail too high, you will get more people stuck in jail for longer simply because they dont have the means to bond out and then you dont have room for the most violent offenders. However, this guy who broke a woman's back would qualify as a violent offender to me and shouldnt be back on the streets waiting for a court date but I dont have the exposure to where his violence compares to others in the jail who have been denied bond.
Diggity
AG
Unless literally everyone in there is guilty of murder or setting people on fire, breaking some poor ladies back is pretty damn high on the violence severity scale.
Ciboag96
FBI smoke a baddy today?

jrrhouston98
AG
Saw that. Very bizarre. Story said a multiple day operation. Not a peep in the locals news prior to story this morning.
MAS444
AG
I think it all went down this morning. Saw something on the morning news about it.
YellAg2004
AG
How about the guys that have been posted here multiple times that have multiple violent offenses all the way up to AND INCLUDING MURDER that are being let out on $100, $1, and even PR bonds? Where do those guys fall on your spectrum Mr. Goaltender?
tylercsbn9
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

But at least our courts aren't racist anymore

So there's that
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ciboag96 said:

FBI smoke a baddy today?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/hostages-rescued-houston/285-9be61cc3-ce98-4aa6-8846-f2c5483695f5
cajunaggie08
AG
YellAg2004 said:

How about the guys that have been posted here multiple times that have multiple violent offenses all the way up to AND INCLUDING MURDER that are being let out on $100, $1, and even PR bonds? Where do those guys fall on your spectrum Mr. Goaltender?
They fall on the scale that we have a beyond messed up system. I agree that these people being out freely on $100 bonds is horrible. I'm not trying to goaltend. I'm just trying to point out this isnt a problem that voting out people that have a D next to their name will fix. Harris County is a metro larger than many states population wise. These problems aren't unique to here. Perhaps we build another jail tower to throw more people in and raise taxes to pay for all of the extra officers and admin that have to man that. We also raise taxes to create more courts so there isn't a backlog. Whats that? you dont want your taxes or businesses taxes raised? Well then lets find one of the already underfunded county government functions to slash.

What the hell are other metros doing that have similar income distributions? Are they screwed too? I believe there is a way to fix the problem but it isnt as simple as throw em all in jail and toss the key or cut off the hands of all thieves. I just don't know what it would be other than to re-look at how we handle lower level crime and how we handle the poor here.
spider96
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ciboag96 said:

FBI smoke a baddy today?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/hostages-rescued-houston/285-9be61cc3-ce98-4aa6-8846-f2c5483695f5

Given the FBI's track record lately, I'm not going to assume that the dead guy is a baddy.
Sea Speed
AG
Well I guarandamntee the answer isn't what progressives are proposing and/or doing
agproducer
AG
Cross post from the other thread.

The piece of **** that's accused of paralyzing a woman is now complaining about her GoFundMe from jail.

https://abc13.com/bond-lowered-chinatown-robbery-17-year-old-joseph-harrell/12997572/
sts7049
AG
just export that loser to the el salvador prison
Ferris Wheel Allstar
maroon barchetta
These people went Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop 2 and stole a house in Meyerland.

Good grief. And the cops did nothing.

I don't believe their story.

https://abc13.com/houston-squatters-home-trespassers-meyerland-rental-property-linda-giang-homeowner/12998931/
Al Bula
AG
maroon barchetta said:

These people went Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop 2 and stole a house in Meyerland.

Good grief. And the cops did nothing.

I don't believe their story.

https://abc13.com/houston-squatters-home-trespassers-meyerland-rental-property-linda-giang-homeowner/12998931/
what a nightmare! Hood rat scammers for sure. The "landlord" listed on the "contract" is named Ayodele Abimbola.

The poor homeowner literally got scammed by a Nigerian.

TheMasterplan
How is this happening in Texas?
Sea Speed
AG
Miya shey probably thinks the squatters are in the right

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.