Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,613 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grandma taking out the trash?

maroon barchetta
So many reasons this could have transpired.
maroon barchetta
Shooting the driver of the vehicle in which you are a passenger seems like a bad plan.

https://abc13.com/east-beltway-shooting-law-enforcement-investigation-sam-houston-tollway-gun-found-outside-truck/13109382/
Texaggie7nine
7nine
I Am A Critic
maroon barchetta said:

Shooting the driver of the vehicle in which you are a passenger seems like a bad plan.

https://abc13.com/east-beltway-shooting-law-enforcement-investigation-sam-houston-tollway-gun-found-outside-truck/13109382/
Username checks out.
Sea Speed
AG
The entire exchange at the house after this that I would definitely get canceled for repeating here is one of the funniest moments in any movie ever.
maroon barchetta
The best is SLJ says most of the cancel-worthy stuff.
TarponChaser
maroon barchetta said:

Evidently that was in my neck of the woods on the Upper East Side. Shut down the Beltway near W. Lake Houston for a few hours. Cool story, right?
Ciboag96

Democrats have zero credibility. It's not about the firearms. It's about the political power.
Smeghead4761
Ciboag96 said:

Democrats have zero credibility. It's not about the firearms. It's about the political power.
If they were really serious, they'd get the Feds to prosecute. Automatic 10 years, no parole in the federal system, and the offender goes somewhere to another state. It's funny that they mention that it's a federal crime in the first paragraph, but all the charges were in HC court, so state, not federal.

Edit to add: I wonder if, with the guy who was already out on bond from 3 other counties, if those counties were contacted to see if they wanted him for violating his bond conditions, by any chance?
Al Bula
AG
America in 2023: let's bring our standards down to the level of the culture everyone is so scared of offending, then nothing is against the law.
Kellso
Houstonians I need your expert opinion. Is the BBQ Inn a safe place to go eat?
Some people have told me not to go and that its in one of the scariest areas of Houston.

Is my car going to be safe in the parking lot?
Is the food at the BBQ Inn worth it?
W
AG
daylight hours should be fine.

use N. Shepherd to get there.

stop at the Flying Saucer pie company afterwards.

don't venture down Crosstimbers toward Airline & 45
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Edit to add: I wonder if, with the guy who was already out on bond from 3 other counties, if those counties were contacted to see if they wanted him for violating his bond conditions, by any chance?

My family has property in podunk Mississippi and a couple years ago a guy kicked in the door and stole a couple things. Apparently he did the same at a few other houses that week including some that were occupied. Guy was picked up in harris County a couple months later and they shipped him back to Mississippi. When the sheriff told me that i told him i was surprised we didn't turn him right back out on bond. Sherriff told me "we don't have people kicking down doors in marion County, mississippi, we should have enough on this guy to put him away for good"
So apparently we do hand some of them over. The real question is if one of our ne'er do wells gets picked up somewhere else, do they have him shipped back here to be let go?
TXAG 05
AG
Kellso said:

Some people have told me not to go and that its in one of the scariest areas of Houston.

Sounds like you were getting advice by the guy on here that thinks Gessner/dirty branch is too scary.
MAS444
AG
It's not Jones Hall where you need to be packing in full tactical for the Symphony. But yeah, just be careful and smart.
cryption
dirty branch represent! ha
CDUB98
AG
Kellso said:

BBQ Inn isn't worth the trip.
Smeghead4761
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Smeghead4761 said:

My family has property in podunk Mississippi and a couple years ago a guy kicked in the door and stole a couple things. Apparently he did the same at a few other houses that week including some that were occupied. Guy was picked up in harris County a couple months later and they shipped him back to Mississippi. When the sheriff told me that i told him i was surprised we didn't turn him right back out on bond. Sherriff told me "we don't have people kicking down doors in marion County, mississippi, we should have enough on this guy to put him away for good"
So apparently we do hand some of them over. The real question is if one of our ne'er do wells gets picked up somewhere else, do they have him shipped back here to be let go?
That sounds more like he had one or more warrants, which is a bit different from violating bond conditions in a different locality from where he was let out on bail.

I honestly don't know what the law requires and what normal procedures are in that kind of case. No possession of firearms is a not uncommon bond condition, although maybe not for property crimes. But "don't do crime" is pretty universal.
Ciboag96
CDUB98 said:

Kellso said:

Best Fried Chicken in town. Guess you are a Cajun Korean fusion and IPA from Portland kind of feller?
CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

CDUB98 said:

Kellso said:

Best Fried Chicken in town. Guess you are a Cajun Korean fusion and IPA from Portland kind of feller?

Ehhh, no.

My wife and I went once. I do understand that they supposedly have the best fried chicken in town, but we did not feel like waiting 45 minutes for our food, so we both ordered other things from the menu.

The wife did not like hers. Cannot remember what she ordered.

I ordered CFS, green beans, and mashed taters. Steak was chewy, salty, and poorly breaded. Green beans were from a can, and the mashed potatoes were salty and dry, almost as if they were instant rather than fresh.

Any restaurant using canned green beans automatically gets a full no from me in the future as it tells me they don't care about fresh food. The fact that the steak was chewy rather than pounded well to break it up also shows me a lack of care. Maybe it was just a bad day/bad cook, but again, the canned beans and bad taters turned me off immediately.

Just my experience.
Jeff Patel
AG
BBQ Inn has the best fried shrimp in town. I say this, knowing that Houston has some great seafood restaurants. All of their fried seafood is top notch, but one day I will venture out and try their fried chicken or CFS.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
And LOL at anyone who thinks Barbecue Inn is in the scariest part of town. Someone needs to sign up for a hood tour.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Microwave Onions said:

And LOL at anyone who thinks Barbecue Inn is in the scariest part of town. Someone needs to sign up for a hood tour.
Cloverleaf thinks that area is where the rich people are.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
From a committee buddie's bar in Cloverleaf:

Just off a street named for one of the Nadolney kids.

Sadly, the bar is gone now.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
we know Frank very well.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is he still around? Nice guy.
wessimo
AG
Haven't had BBQ Inn but need to check it out. Looks like a time warp to the 70s in terms of decor and food.
TexAgs1992
Barbecue Inn is the best. I grew up across the street from Louis Skrehot as a kid in SPP. Called him "Mr. BBQ" until I was 13 years old.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Is he still around? Nice guy.
Yep, he came by a couple months ago.
maroon barchetta
Give this customer a medal.

And some more ammo.

And a little more time at the range.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-shooting-4-hurt-hpd-investigation-circle-k-valero/13124992/
texasaggie2015
AG
ADDITIONAL MOTORCYCLISTS SHOT montgomery county police reporter
W
AG
oh my, 5 motorcyclists shot while riding on I-45 in broad daylight...3 dead 2 wounded
TarponChaser
W said:

oh my, 5 motorcyclists shot while riding on I-45 in broad daylight...3 dead 2 wounded

Biker gang warfare?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.