Houston
Sponsored by

*****CITY UNDER SIEGE 2023*****

223,636 Views | 1830 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Diggity
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"California, Florida, New York and Texas seeing the highest total number of incidents"

hmmmm
The Wonderer
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

"California, Florida, New York and Texas seeing the highest total number of incidents"

hmmmm
Surely not related to the four largest populations, right? Right??
swimmerbabe11
nope gotta be bigotry of the right wing extremists in....
new york and California
The Wonderer
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

nope gotta be bigotry of the right wing extremists in....
new york and California
maroon barchetta
https://abc13.com/woman-ejected-from-car-tries-to-ram-mans-ellis-school-road-crash-into-ditch/13467924/

Wear your seatbelt. Especially when trying to crash into someone. And missing. You might die if you don't.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A 21-year-old woman was killed when deputies say she was ejected from her vehicle while trying to ram a man's car in east Harris County.

Investigators believe the two may have been dating and apparently got into a fight.

Investigators said there was an aggravated assault in progress before the woman tried to ram the man's car with her own vehicle.

"As part of an unrelated disturbance, the car being driven by the female was attempting to ram the other vehicle when it lost control and entered the ditch," Sgt. Turman said. "That female's death was caused by her ejection from the car on entering the ditch because she failed to use her seatbelt."

Video from the scene shows the woman's car overturned in the ditch. Meanwhile, the man's car was also damaged.
I Am A Critic
Absolutely shocking that an Altima was involved.
Username checks out.
htxag09
AG
maroon barchetta said:

https://abc13.com/woman-ejected-from-car-tries-to-ram-mans-ellis-school-road-crash-into-ditch/13467924/

Wear your seatbelt. Especially when trying to crash into someone. And missing. You might die if you don't.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A 21-year-old woman was killed when deputies say she was ejected from her vehicle while trying to ram a man's car in east Harris County.

Investigators believe the two may have been dating and apparently got into a fight.

Investigators said there was an aggravated assault in progress before the woman tried to ram the man's car with her own vehicle.

"As part of an unrelated disturbance, the car being driven by the female was attempting to ram the other vehicle when it lost control and entered the ditch," Sgt. Turman said. "That female's death was caused by her ejection from the car on entering the ditch because she failed to use her seatbelt."

Video from the scene shows the woman's car overturned in the ditch. Meanwhile, the man's car was also damaged.

Or don't...probably better for the general public and society.
maroon barchetta
Fair point.
maroon barchetta
WTF

https://abc13.com/bond-lowered-san-jacinto-murder-suspect-joshua-escobar-sean-velazquez-killed/13469504/
maroon barchetta
Six guys jugging a dude in his driveway. And they didn't use a paper plate on their car.

More like thugging, amiright?

https://abc13.com/southeast-houston-jugging-jakaleb-lee-washington-kavion-deshawn-butler-davion/13487495/
CDUB98
AG
Why worry about a paper plate when you know you'll be right back out on the street creepin' and beatin' in a few hours?

****ing leftist judges.
Al Bula
AG
Ringleader (per ktrk) already made bond and is out to roam until his next date in late august.
LarryElder
maroon barchetta said:

Six guys jugging a dude in his driveway. And they didn't use a paper plate on their car.

More like thugging, amiright?

https://abc13.com/southeast-houston-jugging-jakaleb-lee-washington-kavion-deshawn-butler-davion/13487495/
lol they all look the same person
CheeseSndwch
So the plan was to do a six-way split on a working man's paycheck? This town deserves a better class of criminal.
MAROON
AG
There is not one average amount of brain power in that collective bunch. All will end up in prison or dead before they are 30.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
maroon barchetta
Anybody know which judge let this woman off with $100 bond?

https://abc13.com/galena-park-isd-teacher-arrested-cassandra-montes-accused-of-assaulting-student/13495188/

Assaulted a 5 year-old student in her care.
CDUB98
AG
Sounds like the community needs to deal out a little justice since they city won't.
W
AG
'It was all the money that I had': Housekeeper loses nearly $11K after leaving Houston bank in possible jugging (click2houston.com)

The victim...withdrew $10,700 from a Bank of America near Washington and Yale on July 5...She left the bank in the Washington Corridor and traveled about 40 minutes north...Once she arrived at her apartment complex in northwest Harris County, she stopped by the leasing office for a couple minutes to drop off a document. She came back to her car window busted and items cleaned out.

----
how did the thieves guess right? And knew it was worth following her for 40 minutes
Al Bula
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Anybody know which judge let this woman off with $100 bond?

https://abc13.com/galena-park-isd-teacher-arrested-cassandra-montes-accused-of-assaulting-student/13495188/

Assaulted a 5 year-old student in her care.
according to court records, this smiling sh tbird gave out the $100 bond.

https://raulforjudge.com/
TarponChaser
W said:

'It was all the money that I had': Housekeeper loses nearly $11K after leaving Houston bank in possible jugging (click2houston.com)

The victim...withdrew $10,700 from a Bank of America near Washington and Yale on July 5...She left the bank in the Washington Corridor and traveled about 40 minutes north...Once she arrived at her apartment complex in northwest Harris County, she stopped by the leasing office for a couple minutes to drop off a document. She came back to her car window busted and items cleaned out.

----
how did the thieves guess right? And knew it was worth following her for 40 minutes

With all the cameras in banks they have to be able to see the teller or somebody in the bank call or text the thieves.
Irish 2.0
Not an excuse of the thieves, but people really need to learn how to wire money. I feel sorry for these people being robbed of large sums of cash, but there are ways to reduce that risk.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I'll never understand leaving large amounts of money, especially fresh out of the bank, in your car. That's just dumb. Not to excuse the criminals' conduct of course.
htxag09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Not an excuse of the thieves, but people really need to learn how to wire money. I feel sorry for these people being robbed of large sums of cash, but there are ways to reduce that risk.
Yeah, we recently did a remodel and paid the contractor in cash for a discount. Now, as far as I know everything was Kosher lol; we got updated invoices and all included applicable taxes.

But the only reason I did it was because I work in the Galleria and can simply walk from the bank to my office next door and not be followed.
Irish 2.0
I'd tell them to meet me at the bank then. I'm not traveling around with $10k cash in my truck.
BQ_90
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'd tell them to meet me at the bank then. I'm not traveling around with $10k cash in my truck.
nor would I leave 10K in my truck to go run an errand of any kind
Al Bula
AG
Thought this double homicide was already discussed here, maybe I missed it.

https://abc13.com/two-men-murdered-houston-heights-tc-jester-roommates-killed-kathy-vu-charged-drug-related-shootings/12967523/

One guy found dead in his TC Jester apartment, car found later with other dead guy. Right down the road from good ol T-Bones and Pappa Genos.

Turns out they were pot dealers ahem, -- "harvesters" -- who owed money to some bad Vietnamese hombres. The GF of one was also arrested for buying cleaning supplies to clean up the crime scene, but lied about her involvement.

https://abc13.com/houston-double-murder-fugitives-caught-in-vietnam-west-tc-jester-polie-phan/13495811/
TarponChaser
David Happymountain said:

Thought this double homicide was already discussed here, maybe I missed it.

https://abc13.com/two-men-murdered-houston-heights-tc-jester-roommates-killed-kathy-vu-charged-drug-related-shootings/12967523/

One guy found dead in his TC Jester apartment, car found later with other dead guy. Right down the road from good ol T-Bones and Pappa Genos.

Turns out they were pot dealers ahem, -- "harvesters" -- who owed money to some bad Vietnamese hombres. The GF of one was also arrested for buying cleaning supplies to clean up the crime scene, but lied about her involvement.

https://abc13.com/houston-double-murder-fugitives-caught-in-vietnam-west-tc-jester-polie-phan/13495811/

Call me cold-hearted, jaded, and cynical if you want but I really don't get too worked up when criminal trash takes out criminal trash. May they all kill each other off.
texasaggie2015
AG
I try to just get cash back at HEB or wherever else as much as possible. I understand you'll have to go to the bank for bigger transactions, but I try to be smart about things.
MAROON
AG
Whenever I go to an ATM the first thing I do it place my pistol on my consol. If I have to walk up to an ATM it's in my pants pocket. Driving home I watch to see if anyone is behind me - if so, I take a few turns. It's all about situational awareness.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Irish 2.0
texasaggie2015 said:

I try to just get cash back at HEB or wherever else as much as possible. I understand you'll have to go to the bank for bigger transactions, but I try to be smart about things.
You should be using the HEB credit card or HEB debit card. 5% back on HEB products and 1.5% back on total
Dimebag Darrell
MAS444 said:

Yeah I'll never understand leaving large amounts of money, especially fresh out of the bank, in your car. That's just dumb. Not to excuse the criminals' conduct of course.
In all fairness, most women, especially elderly, or not from here, just aren't as plugged into the crime and risks as we are. I bet a lot of men, and many more women, would see little to no risk of running into a leasing office for a few minutes with thousands of $$$ in the glove compartment after you just traveled 45 minutes from the ATM. There is still little awareness on these juggings overall, and of the great lengths and distances these thieves are willing to go to score, as it seems like a relatively new phenomenon. People aren't used to thieves being so patient and diligent.

We tine boarders are pretty atypical in that we follow crime in the city very closely and are probably in the top 1% in terms of being informed. I have showed my wife several of these stories, and told her basically to just never pulse out cash, from ATM or bank...to let me do it instead. It's pretty rare that we need to do this anyways. That may seem like overkill, but I simply don't trust her to be nearly as alert and aware as me when driving home.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's called a self cleaning oven
texasaggie2015
AG
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that
Sea Speed
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

You should be using the HEB credit card or HEB debit card. 5% back on HEB products and 1.5% back on total

I get 6% back on groceries at any grocery store with one of my AMEX cards.
Irish 2.0
Annual fee and there's a cap on AMEX Blue Preferred

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.