Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,246 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
Raiderjay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that seals it, direct hit for Houston......
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Ragoo
AG
All I know is some people are going to look real bad when this thing hits corpus or south.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

There were only a couple of folks asking about what to expect because they've never been through a hurricane before.
It's easy to forget how many people move to the Houston area every single year, after years of sustained population growth. There are tons of people who weren't here for Allison, let alone Ike. It's not like 1983 when the diehard local legends still left in town weren't even worried about a damned hurricane.

Speaking of transplants, may go check out r/houston to see if the world has ended yet.
TXAG14
Ragoo said:

All I know is some people are going to look real bad when this thing hits corpus or south.
MemorialTXAg
Is KIH open?
Ragoo
AG
TXAG14 said:

Ragoo said:

samsonite
Nitro Power
AG
ABC World News all in on fear pron...literally making it sound as bad as possible. Just give the news and leave emotions out of it. Now trying to tie COVID I'm the mix...pathetic
TXTransplant
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

There were only a couple of folks asking about what to expect because they've never been through a hurricane before.
It's easy to forget how many people move to the Houston area every single year, after years of sustained population growth. There are tons of people who weren't here for Allison, let alone Ike. It's not like 1983 when the diehard local legends still left in town weren't even worried about a damned hurricane.

Speaking of transplants, may go check out r/houston to see if the world has ended yet.

I'd estimate 20-30% of my 'hood wasn't here for Harvey, much less Ike.
JJxvi
AG
Ragoo said:

Its already past a point where it would have to change direction south to hit corpus. Current extrapolated path (ie it just continues going straight) is northeast of freeport already.
crougar10
AG
https://www.facebook.com/100000898415157/posts/3364045496968698/?extid=AYHOvaC87GV2AWRg&d=n
Ragoo
AG
JJxvi said:

Ragoo said:

Its already past a point where it would have to change direction south to hit corpus. Current extrapolated path (ie it just continues going straight) is northeast of freeport already.
i am just looking on the weather channel radar and I don't see that at all. Could be old though. Not even parallel with matamoras yet.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Newstonians on Reddit are evacuating now.
AeroAg1
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Good!
David_Puddy
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Hopefully they stay gone.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I'd estimate 20-30% of my 'hood wasn't here for Harvey, much less Ike.

Yes, I mean to say "not here for Harvey, let alone Ike."

Allison did suck too, though.
Premium
AG
Anyone's work letting "off" if they are in Central or North Houston, and already work from home? I let people take a few hours this morning to finish up any last minute prep (avoid rush if it came this way). But now that it's looking to head towards Beaumont, and they already work from home, thinking it's only if power goes out will they get a pass. Even then they should have hotspots and a few have generators. Am I being an ass?

Usually really flexible on a ton of things but this is seeming like a nothing burger.
TheVarian
AG
BACK TO CALIFORNIA
Anti-taxxer
AG
No way. If the storm doesn't come this way, no reason to not work.
Forum Troll
AG

These mofos aren't even open to begin with
captkirk
AG
SLAM said:

FPS_Dough said:

Does the storm blow way covid ?

No, it will create the dreaded viruscane where each water droplet contains a concentrate covid dose. If you get touched by rain then you die.
Damn, I thought a sharknado was bad
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Any chance this storm can still move west towards Houston or is it pretty set on an easterly track?
TXTransplant
Premium said:

Anyone's work letting "off" if they are in Central or North Houston, and already work from home? I let people take a few hours this morning to finish up any last minute prep (avoid rush if it came this way). But now that it's looking to head towards Beaumont, and they already work from home, thinking it's only if power goes out will they get a pass. Even then they should have hotspots and a few have generators. Am I being an ass?

Usually really flexible on a ton of things but this is seeming like a nothing burger.
Cedar Bayou Ag
AG
Even the affiliate fox meteorologist said that it's not going to hit Houston and that was just about 30 min ago
GEA89
AG
Forum Troll said:

These mofos aren't even open to begin with
Yeah how can you close what isn't open?
TXTransplant
Tomball ISD sent out similar emails and notices, and we haven't even started classes (that was pushed back to Sept 8). In our district, teachers are at school and there are some extracurriculars.
Seabreeze
Houston just outside the cone of Tropical force winds. You can almost see the disappointment on the guys face a major metro wont get hit.
Ragoo
AG
So are we at least getting some rain. My yard needs it.
GEA89
AG
Seabreeze said:

Houston just outside the cone of Tropical force winds. You can almost see the disappointment on the guys face a major metro wont get hit.

There have been a lot of people rooting for this storm to hit Houston online, throw in that some are even Houstonians as we live in a society that wants to whine online so bad they wish for a storm to hit their home
Seabreeze
I won't bet on rain just yet the way this is going.
Smokedraw01
Katy ISD is planning to continue as is for the moment.
Onceaggie2.0
Ragoo said:

So are we at least getting some rain. My yard needs it.

You don't have sprinklers you a poor ?
Cromagnum
AG
Yall are welcome. I bought a generator and a portable AC today just in case.
Premium
AG
Cromagnum said:

Me too, at least my wife was smart enough to not fill up the 40 gallons of gas cans. Will return all.
Cromagnum
AG
Premium said:

Cromagnum said:

Me too, at least my wife was smart enough to not fill up the 40 gallons of gas cans. Will return all.

30 day return policy and we are heading into meat of the season. I would hang onto all of it for a few more weeks.
David_Puddy
AG
GEA89 said:

Seabreeze said:

There have been a lot of people rooting for this storm to hit Houston online, throw in that some are even Houstonians as we live in a society that wants to whine online so bad they wish for a storm to hit their home

That's pathetic but not shocking. I guess they want massive city damage like Portland & Seattle (now Wisconsin) one way or the other.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.