Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,655 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess I'll just move the really light stuff. David Paul didn't seem too worried so ill trust him.
Cromagnum
AG
My neighbor is frantically mowing now...

LoL
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Bassmaster said:

My wife was putting our patio cushions in the garage earlier, so I made fun of her. She said "I thought we were getting 75 mph winds" (we are in Spring). I shook my head and took two umbrellas out of the pool and went back inside. She pays no attention to anything going on in the world. I envy her ability to do that sometimes.

You make fun, but it's better than being glued to Facebook or Insta for every hurricane rumor
gif
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Bassmaster said:

My wife was putting our patio cushions in the garage earlier, so I made fun of her. She said "I thought we were getting 75 mph winds" (we are in Spring). I shook my head and took two umbrellas out of the pool and went back inside. She pays no attention to anything going on in the world. I envy her ability to do that sometimes.

You make fun, but it's better than being glued to Facebook or Insta for every hurricane rumor

Or TexAgs?
Beat40
gif said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Bassmaster said:

Or TexAgs?

For real. Been extremely hard to focus on stuff yesterday and today. Hate hate I get so wrapped up in it sometimes.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Cromagnum said:

LoL
Make sure to fire up the leafblower the second the rain pauses. 'Twould be scandalous for someone to drive by during that break and see leafs on your lawn.
Seabreeze
Looks like its moving due North now. May be East of Lake Charles.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ramrod said:

Chick or dude?

gif
Beat40 said:

gif said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Bassmaster said:

Or TexAgs?

For real. Been extremely hard to focus on stuff yesterday and today. Hate hate I get so wrapped up in it sometimes.

It's honestly been a blessing and a curse. My wife an I were on vacation in Fredericksburg from Katy, supposed to be Monday to Thursday. My patents, who live in Brazoria County, were watching our kids at our house and the entire time everyone was watching the weather. It looked like it was going to keep trending West, so we made the decision yesterday to come home so we could be with our kids and my parents could get home to button up their house.

Of course now it looks like Katy and their house will get a few drops of rain and we could have stayed on vacation the rest of the week with no issues, but of course, hindsight is 20/20...wait, what?

But if we would have stayed, the storm gone west and something horrible would have happened, we would never forgive ourselves.

**Edit to say that I was watching the news/TexAgs, while my wife was mostly oblivious to everything. She was not happy with us leaving the vacation early.
TP Ag '87
AG

Quote:

Bassmaster said:

Are we married to the same person?!?!?
Whoop Delecto
AG
gomerschlep
AG
Welp, we're getting deployed for medical evacuations. Probably leaving today but have no idea where tp....
Beat40
Understand that. Honestly, Texags is one of the best places for info. It becomes a conglomerate of resources as everyone posts from whichever source they trust. It is really useful.

I used Texags, NHC, Space City Weather, and Tropical Tidbits primarily throughout this time. Huge impact.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Just saw a clip of the Port Arthur mayor on NBC national:

"At about Five 'o clock, it's gonna be you and God."
CFTXAG10
AG
Fitch
AG
Yup
aftershock
Harry Lime said:

Cromagnum said:

LoL
Make sure to fire up the leafblower the second the rain pauses. 'Twould be scandalous for someone to drive by during that break and see leafs on your lawn.

Shoot, with the wind I'm starting to see, if I mow now I don't have to use the blower to clean up the clippings... brb...
gougler08
AG
Southwest side of Houston ain't even going to get rain from this now
Seabreeze
Best chance the ABC guy said was Friday lol
Unemployed
AG
Harry Lime said:

Just saw a clip of the Port Arthur mayor on NBC national:

"At about Five 'o clock, it's gonna be you and God."

That's my hometown!!! I don't expect nothing less.
E
AG
The Tine is ready

TXAG14
Shouldn't have cancelled my tee time for tomorrow morning.
CS78
Look at the last 45 minutes of this loop. Looks like all west has ceased and maybe even a little east in it. Could be grand chenier/uninhabited Rockefeller refuge. Would be a major victory for Cameron and LC to get on the better side of it.

https://www.wral.com/hurricane-laura...loop/19250876/
bearkatag15
AG
Betoisafurry
When is cantore donning his baseball helmet?
Cromagnum
AG
I need to bring out my sprinklers to troll my panicked Karen neighbors.
Cromagnum
AG
DP
lawless89
Got some rain from an outer band in CS.
Premium
AG
lawless89 said:

Got some rain from an outer band in CS.

I feel like we are connected, me too from not CS!
AggieArcher17
AG
Is fishing the docklights in Sea Isle completely out of the question this weekend? Asking for a friend. Will be watching the blue golf cart closely
TarponChaser
A few sprinkles here on the Upper East Side and some ominous clouds but not much else. I'm not concerned about any issues here.
Big Cat `93
AG
Thanks for giving me the best laugh I've had all week.
Duckhook
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

How have I not seen Cantore since I've been watching since about 5:00? Is he in timeout or something? He say something wrong on a hot mic? He resting up for the big show later?
Betoisafurry
He was up this morning, I assume he's been napping/getting in some gambling at the golden nugget to get ready for the big night.

I sat at the same bj table with him at the Wynn a few years back for about an hour. Pretty down to earth guy. I unfortunately did not have the balls to make a comment about his baseball helmet.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Duckhook said:

Charlie Kelley said:

How have I not seen Cantore since I've been watching since about 5:00? Is he in timeout or something? He say something wrong on a hot mic? He resting up for the big show later?

He's got to get his beauty rest. The big kahuna is in a few hours.

He was in Lake Charles this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.