Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

527,394 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
JobSecurity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone learns of any volunteer efforts mobilizing from Houston (I'm on the west side) to PA, Beaumont, or Lake Charles can you post here? I don't have a boat or special tools but I can be physical labor
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
RIP golden nugget, it was my favorite
CowtownAg06
AG
You think if the Nugget gets wiped out it lights a fire in Harden/takes away his motivation for the off-season? Rockets odds go up now?
cab559
AG
2020 not kind to ole Tillman
CFTXAG10
AG
JobSecurity said:

If anyone learns of any volunteer efforts mobilizing from Houston (I'm on the west side) to PA, Beaumont, or Lake Charles can you post here? I don't have a boat or special tools but I can be physical labor
Same here. I won't be available this weekend, but next weekend I can pull a 3 day shift the 5th-7th if anyone needs any help out that way. I know these cleanup efforts usually take quite a bit of time.
Daddy-O5
AG
JobSecurity said:

I have a truck, trailer, generator and tools. Will travel as well if anyone knows of any organized efforts after the storm.
CFTXAG10
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

You think if the Nugget gets wiped out it lights a fire in Harden/takes away his motivation for the off-season? Rockets odds go up now?
I bet Tilly has a fat insurance policy.
Ag_07
AG
Paging plowboy...Any updates from the good folks in Winnie?

I know he's got connections in Winnie and Chambers County. I imagine he'll know about relief efforts and where/how to help.
Furlock Bones
AG
sts7049 said:

Ferttita taking it on the chin in 2020.
GEA89
AG
Furlock Bones said:

sts7049 said:

He's an azz so you get what you sow
TP Ag '87
AG
F Fertitta.
gigemJTH12
AG
GEA89 said:

Furlock Bones said:

sts7049 said:

He does employ a lot of really good people though, like my sister. So celebrating his misfortune isn't that simple.
SPF250
AG
JobSecurity said:

Returning the favor from the Cajun Navy sounds awesome.
SJEAg
AG
GN better equipped to handle it over Kemah, Pier, and 50 restaurants. Probably somewhat relieved.
GEA89
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

GEA89 said:

Furlock Bones said:

sts7049 said:

He does employ a lot of really good people though, like my sister. So celebrating his misfortune isn't that simple.
Sorry that is their choice, not trying to sound cold but I have a family member with first hand experience working for him and he can suck it.
Al Bula
AG
I hope Lone Star Law has cameras rolling for Hurricane Laura.
Cromagnum
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

I hope Lone Star Law has cameras rolling for Hurricane Laura.

Jennifer Provaznik can come hunker down over here.
Beat40
I think I'll be much more relaxed once Laura starts to turn.
Agz_2003
AG
SPF250 said:

JobSecurity said:

Returning the favor from the Cajun Navy sounds awesome.
Maybe post something on secrant or tigerdroppings?
Daddy-O5
AG
I've got a couple of employees in Louisiana who have local contacts in Lake Charles and Lafayette. I'm going to have them check to see where we might be able to help after the storm.
TXAG14
My brother lives in Lafayette and is a volunteer fire fighter. Ill be leaving Friday afternoon to go over and join in on cleanup.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
JobSecurity said:

My church, Kingsland Baptist, runs a disaster response team that they started in the aftermath of Harvey.

https://kingsland.org/disaster-response-team/

Cajun Navy guy was just interviewed on the Michael Berry show, he said they are always looking for more volunteers or even just donations of supplies.
12thmanisright
I was supposed to make an overnight trip to the GN on Sunday guess that may change.
David_Puddy
AG
12thmanisright said:

I was supposed to make an overnight trip to the GN on Sunday guess that may change.

Lol.....ya think?
gigemJTH12
AG
GEA89 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

GEA89 said:

Furlock Bones said:

sts7049 said:

Sorry that is their choice, not trying to sound cold but I have a family member with first hand experience working for him and he can suck it.

I like you a lot as a poster and I don't want to derail the thread but saying "that is their choice" is...pretty dumb thing to say. Sure it is. But people have bills to pay and hopping around in some industries is not easy.
AgLA06
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

GEA89 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

GEA89 said:

Furlock Bones said:

sts7049 said:

I like you a lot as a poster and I don't want to derail the thread but saying "that is their choice" is...pretty dumb thing to say. Sure it is. But people have bills to pay and hopping around in some industries is not easy.

Whatever helps them sleep at night. Doesn't change the reality of the complete crook they are choosing to work for. A hurricane doesn't really apply to this, but eventually what goes around, comes around and he's just about screwed everyone he can do business with. When you deal in some of the circles his family had, it eventually catches up with everyone.
Seabreeze
NHC calling for 145 at land fall now. Track hasn't shifted on the new advisory
Seabreeze
10 am
BohunkAg
AG
Forecasting at 145 MPH before landfall.....yikes
cone
AG
mal y terrible
Seabreeze

Seabreeze

TheVarian
AG
Can't see the photo. New update from Texags is wonkyyyyy
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.