Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,677 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Latest update has upgraded it to TS Sally and projects east Louisiana landfall as a Cat 1.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Seabreeze
Cat 1, maybe 2, but a really slow mover. Going to get wedged between two Houston's (High pressure) and kinda stall out it looks like. Could be a really big rain maker for Mississippi and Alabama
Seabreeze
It kinda gets trapped with no where to go for a day or two.
Seabreeze
AgLiving06
Looks like it sped up a bit which hopefully will help get it through Louisiana quicker and out of the way.
kelkel25
I'm anxiously awaiting the return of this cat
Oso96
AG
This is off topic but is there anywhere in Houston similar to Darrell's in Lake Charles? Looking for a Darrell's special. Thanks in advance.
Ronnie
AG
There is a Darrels in Jennings, about 30 min east of Lake Charles. If you were willing to drive 2 hr for a Poboy I figure you'd be willing to drive another half hour.
Oso96
AG
Thanks. Looking for something here in west Houston.
kelkel25
Ronnie said:

There is a Darrels in Jennings, about 30 min east of Lake Charles. If you were willing to drive 2 hr for a Poboy I figure you'd be willing to drive another half hour.

And if you're gonna drive that far go another hour and hit up Pop's PoBoys in Lafayette you won't regret it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Oso96 said:

This is off topic but is there anywhere in Houston similar to Darrell's in Lake Charles? Looking for a Darrell's special. Thanks in advance.
Effin love a Darrells Special. Bring me one back, and some smoked boudin from the Best Stop.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ronnie said:

Post removed:
by user
waryman
AG
Check out The Boot At 1206 W 20th a bit south of North 610 near the Heights. They have something similar that could get there with a couple of mods. And they use Leidenheimer bread from NO. Excellent.
Cromagnum
AG
None of those are headed this way but thats a lot of traffic.
MAROON
AG
jayelbee said:

If you're going to go all the way to Lafayette, you might as well go to olde tyme grocery across from campus while school is in and the weather is warm.
Old Tyme is good but Pop's has better food.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Cromagnum said:

Teddy looks like he could get to the Gulf.
BowSowy
AG
Coog97
MAROON said:

jayelbee said:

If you're going to go all the way to Lafayette, you might as well go to olde tyme grocery across from campus while school is in and the weather is warm.
Old Tyme is good but Pop's has better food.
The Thanksgiving po'boy at Olde Tyme is one of the single most glorious meals I've ever crammed into my big, fat piehole.
GEA89
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

Cromagnum said:

Teddy looks like he could get to the Gulf.
Way too early to tell but once the fronts start pushing into the area the chances get smaller and smaller. While possible the chances today are not much.
Seabreeze
Sally moving now at 5 MPH. Going to be a slow burn for some folks. Caught between two Houston's with no where to go.
mm98
AG
Seabreeze said:

Sally moving now at 5 MPH. Going to be a slow burn for some folks. Caught between two Houston's with no where to go.

Almost as slow as Harvey.
Seabreeze
Rain forecast went from 12-13" to 17-20" for parts of Florida, East Alabama. Its only 120 miles or so from shore and forecasted land fall is tomorrow night
TopFlightReject
I've got my dads side of the family all up and down the Mississippi gulf coast that were devastated during Katrina and they've decided to ride this one out as well. Looks like they won't get a direct hit but the main worry right now is storm surge. My grandma lives on Bayou Bernard just east of Gulfport and is only maybe 10' or so above sea level. Took 12' of water in her house due to Katrinas surge. The estimated surge I'm seeing forecasted has my dad and I really worried. Hopefully it turns out like Laura and is a little over estimated but still worried all the same.
gomerschlep
AG
Activated for deployment again. No clear word but told to be packed and ready to go. Hoping we end up based out of New Orleans
Bonfired
AG
Grew up in south Baldwin County, Alabama...looks like they're going to get pummeled with rainfall. My mom moved away in 2007, so I have no family there any longer, but it brings back memories.

Frederic was Sept. 13, 1979
Ivan was Sept. 16, 2004...went to help mom clean up after that one and it was an unholy mess.

Wish it would pick up forward speed...we know what bass-turds slow-moving storms are.
Aggie_3
Seabreeze said:

Rain forecast went from 12-13" to 17-20" for parts of Florida, East Alabama. Its only 120 miles or so from shore and forecasted land fall is tomorrow night

Landfall is projected for Wednesday morning it's slowed down again
TopFlightReject
Cantore is in Gulfport and about 75% of the TWC chasers are spread out in MS. I think they're too far west but Cantore holing up in Gulfport makes me nervous for my fam. He's usually the one right in the thick of it.
V8Aggie
AG
Grandparents in Diamondhead. Storm surge started coming in (not their hood) yesterday afternoon. Yeah, it's looking like they're going to get tons of rain.
mm98
AG
Heard on the news this morning it has slowed to 2 MPH?

Everyone in the path could just get out and just walk away from the storm at that pace.
sts7049
AG
unfortunately people will still be stubborn
Seabreeze
Eye wall redeveloped South of the original position. Pressure has dropped, moving North at a light speed of 2 mph.
Seabreeze
Florida and Bama going to get them some Harvey 2.0
Seabreeze
Already 20" of rain in certain areas. Still another 18 to 30 hours left.
Seabreeze

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.