Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,671 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
lamivudine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
omg its raining
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I'm at almost 4.5" since it started raining late yesterday in Richmond. Looks like decent amount more headed here tonight and across west side.
gougler08
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

I'm at almost 4.5" since it started raining late yesterday in Richmond. Looks like decent amount more headed here tonight and across west side.

Yeah seems they've undershot the rain estimates for the west side
cgh1999
AG
Nitro Power said:

Nice rainfall over in Katy. Nothing to hard at my house just steady and much needed.

That's what she said.
Burn-It
AG
Looks like the firehose is bending and moving a bit to the east of League City.

AKA 13-0
Ducks4brkfast
AG
cgh1999 said:

Nitro Power said:

Nice rainfall over in Katy. Nothing to hard at my house just steady and much needed.

That's what she said.

That actually made me laugh out loud
V8Aggie
AG
Cart still going strong.

Def some flooding in the hood. Some poor guys boat got loose and was floating through the neighborhood. Luckily the neighbors rock and tied it down.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
I know not the golf cart, but this was our bay house down in rockport this morning. One block off Aransas Bay. That concrete foundation is 6 feet from ground to the siding so pretty damn high for not getting any rain just surge.
FHKChE07
AG
During the July 4th flood a few years back, my wife and I were out walking around Buffalo Bayou and the firefighters were in their fast response craft chasing down a construction diesel tank that had broken free and was drifting down the bayou. They just ended up tying it down to a stair railing and then going on a joyride in the boat.
V8Aggie
AG
Damn that's crazy!
Jet Black
Apparently everyone is getting pounded with rain but haven't got much here in the heights.
Beat40
Jet Black said:

Apparently everyone is getting pounded with rain but haven't got much here in the heights.

South and southwest Houston have been the main culprits so far.
Jock 07
AG
wessimo
AG
How about now?
AgRebel08
AG
2 inches in last hour and 4 in 24 hrs in heights.

Not like the 10inches down south but decent
dshedd41
S
https://spacecityweather.com/betas-bands-continue-to-impact-houston-roadways-and-bayous/
Gig’em Aggies!
gougler08
AG
Poured all night in my hood, supposed to let up for a few hours then we get it again this afternoon
jetch17
AG
CFISD pulled a school closure at 6:15am - all the Karen's are mad because people are already up and about instead of sleeping in
AgCPA95
AG
Just dropped the 9th and 11th grader off in Katy as the older one is on crutches so getting to bus is a pain for him. Looks we got 6" of rain overnight as was pouring still 30 minutes ago but now left off.
Frok
AG
No peaceful work from home today
Ciboag96
Beta been runnin a train on the Tine
Caliber
AG
jetch17 said:

CFISD pulled a school closure at 6:15am - all the Karen's are mad because people are already up and about instead of sleeping in
At least they closed instead of just switching to full virtual like SBISD...

Lots of students checked out devices for the first 2 weeks which have been returned.
No real prior plans, especially no plans for an emergency 1 day switch for a weather event. Had nebulous plans for "what if a school/schools need to re-close: we can just go back to virtual" Unfortunately, they haven't actually planned ahead as a district for a sudden switch to handle a weather day like this.

David_Puddy
AG
Jet Black said:

You spoke too damn soon. We are getting pummeled now
Jet Black
wessimo said:

How about now?

Yep. Raining pretty good now.
TXTransplant
Tomball ISD sent the closure notice at 7:38 am. They are telling everyone to do online school today, but high school starts at 7:20. So, all those kids have to be bused home first.
LostInLA07
AG
The ISDs are beacons of great decision making this year.
Big Cat `93
AG
The Beta Express has been running through us in West Pearland since early yesterday afternoon. Mercy.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, I'm still only back in the office sometimes. I had planned on working from home today since it's be quiet around here.
Jet Black
MIL's house in pearland got destroyed during harvey. Water is starting to creep up her driveway.
Alex Bregman
AG
Kirby Ice House update?
jakelew04
AG
Guess I'll have this pulled up all day to check bayou levels and rain totals

https://www.harriscountyfws.org/

This was helpful to remember how to use it

https://www.click2houston.com/weather/2019/09/17/heres-how-to-check-bayou-levels-rainfall-totals/
JobSecurity
AG
Back neighbors tree lost the battle and crushed our fence. Oh well it needed to be replaced anyway
V8Aggie
AG
Cart is dry. Sea Isle definitely had some surge and street flooding around the canals and bay side. It's great seeing people run down and tie off each others boats etc. great community down there.
TXAG14
JYDog90
AG
V8Aggie said:

Cart is dry. Sea Isle definitely had some surge and street flooding around the canals and bay side. It's great seeing people run down and tie off each others boats etc. great community down there.

I don't know, man. I don't think you're out of the woods yet. That cart may need a good "once over" with a bath towel.
Formerly Willy Wonka

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.