Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,648 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1rmxPYqmYpVKN?t=3m38s
Breggy Popup
AG
LostInLA07 said:

If the 200mph winds aren't a glitch that bridge is gone.

The radar data is a snapshot in time. 100% that was a gust or bad reading. The highest consistent speed I have been seeing on the same app is 153 and that is only a few pixels. Highest pixel I have seen tonight has been 173. Large wind field is between 140 and 150.
Jock 07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Will it make it?

Even though it's interstate, coonasses are still responsible for its maintenance/updates, correct?
combat wombat™
AG
Yikes... I didn't know that bridge was in such bad shape. I'll be taking 210 through Lake Charles from now on.
Fitch
AG
schmendeler said:

Charlie Kelley said:

He was up this morning, I assume he's been napping/getting in some gambling at the golden nugget to get ready for the big night.

I sat at the same bj table with him at the Wynn a few years back for about an hour. Pretty down to earth guy. I unfortunately did not have the balls to make a comment about his baseball helmet.
I need to know more about these "bj" tables.
well you have to live in a midtown apartment and have a hurricane party to start...
Unemployed
AG
Sitting here drinking beer and not even a lick of wind.
JobSecurity
AG
Keep in mind radar indicated wind speeds are well above surface depending on distance from radar (thousands of feet elevation)
Fitch
AG
Drinking brown water and it's still as middle of June here ITL. Clear skies.
CFTXAG10
AG
RealTalk said:

Sitting here drinking beer and not even a lick of wind.
I am working on some whiskey right now. Let the dogs out a bit ago, just hot a** humid wind.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I don't think any real wind is coming...
Cromagnum
AG
You would never know that deaths door is 100 miles east walking outside in Houston this evening. Its pretty nice outside.
Bonfired
AG
combat wombat said:

Yikes... I didn't know that bridge was in such bad shape. I'll be taking 210 through Lake Charles from now on.

That bridge made me edgy 20 years ago...but, like every other varmint that you want gone but won't die, I bet that thing manages to stay upright.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Cromagnum said:

You would never know that deaths door is 100 miles east walking outside in Houston this evening. Its pretty nice outside.
Told my wife the same an hour ago.
Fitch
AG
Not to go all moody and such, but the phrase "there but for the grace of God go I" has kinda been in the back of my head the last few hours.

Just found out my sister in law just arrived in Shreveport to watch over her grandmothers (plural) and great-aunt who all evacuated from Lake Charles and Cameron today. Worried for their safety tonight.
Seabreeze
Damn Houston/Galveston got lucky
Fall92
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

V8Aggie said:

Storm surge in sea isle coming up.

*** not my photo

Do you have contact with someone in Sea Isle or the west end? Periodic water level updates would be awesome.

Here's last photo from one of my neighbors at Point West looking over Redfish Cove. Posted at 8:45 and said it was last photo before dark. Also, one of my other neighbors put up a weather station that is probably one of the last ones on the island. Can be accessed at https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXGALVE81. Last I check winds were coming straight from the north.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ajollyag
Fitch said:

Not to go all moody and such, but the phrase "there but for the grace of God go I" has kinda been in the back of my head the last few hours.

Just found out my sister in law just arrived in Shreveport to watch over her grandmothers (plural) and great-aunt who all evacuated from Lake Charles and Cameron today. Worried for their safety tonight.

Not to sound rude, but why would anyone evacuate into the hurricane's projected path? Even if it is further inland.
JobSecurity
AG
Reed timmer live stream
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=689337718374740&id=166805519168
RebelE91
AG
Weather Channel reported there are about 150 people riding it out in Cameron. That's not smart.
Ags #1
AG
No
Ags #1
AG
Think we may be neighbors now at PW
Fall92
AG
Fall92 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

V8Aggie said:

Storm surge in sea isle coming up.

*** not my photo

Do you have contact with someone in Sea Isle or the west end? Periodic water level updates would be awesome.

Here's last photo from one of my neighbors at Point West looking over Redfish Cove. Posted at 8:45 and said it was last photo before dark. Also, one of my other neighbors put up a weather station that is probably one of the last ones on the island. Can be accessed at https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXGALVE81. Last I check winds were coming straight from the north.

Edit- the water is usually at the palm trees
Edit2- if link doesn't work try weather underground site and station Pointe West - KTXGALVE81
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ags #1
AG
Prayers to those people
Seabreeze
Recon and NHC keep it at 150. Surprised they didn't bump it to Cat 5.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
RebelE91 said:

Weather Channel reported there are about 150 people riding it out in Cameron. That's not smart.

Fitch
AG
Closest family not on the coast. Couple of near 90-year olds. Grandkids live in Fort Worth and military bases.
BowSowy
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Haven't got a drop of rain in Deer Park and none in the forecast..
Ah, **** off with this complaint
Alex Bregman
AG
RebelE91 said:

No effing way
Duckhook
AG
Cantore!!
CPDAggie10
AG
RebelE91 said:

Prayers to those people. I hope/assume they are fully prepared.
Duckhook
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

RebelE91 said:

Prayers to those people. I hope/assume they are fully prepared.

They're talking about that town getting leveled. How do they prepare for that?
mAgnoliAg
JJxvi
AG
I have my doubts that so many people would remain in a town for which the primary modern repository of information succinctly sums up its entire history like this:

"In 1957, Cameron was nearly destroyed by Hurricane Audrey. A storm surge of 12 feet (3.7 m) and winds of 125 miles per hour (201 km/h) caused the deaths of more than 300 residents of the town.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron,_Louisiana#cite_note-3][3][/url]
Nearly fifty years later, in late September 2005, Hurricane Rita hit Cameron. A 15-foot (4.6 m) storm surge and winds of 120 miles per hour (190 km/h) destroyed much of the town. Everyone had evacuated beforehand.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron,_Louisiana#cite_note-4][4]
[/url]
On September 13, 2008, Hurricane Ike leveled Cameron with a 12-foot (3.7 m) storm surge just as the town was recovering from Rita in 2005.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron,_Louisiana#cite_note-5][5][/url] Ike destroyed more than 90 percent of the homes in the parish seat and caused catastrophic flooding in every part of the parish.

A 2010 report on the damage sustained from the effects of Rita and Ike stated that few people returned to the town to rebuild after the hurricanes, due to stricter building codes and high insurance costs that increased the cost of living dramatically. None of the stores have been rebuilt; only a gas station, bank, post office, and a restaurant remain (the latter two of which are still housed in trailers). Most of the residents still live in mobile homes. The First Baptist Church in the community was rebuilt in 2010.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron,_Louisiana#cite_note-Damage-6][6][/url]"
Seabreeze
Hopefully no elderly or young children. But most likely sadly.
TXAG14
Hope they wrote their SS number on their arm with sharpie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.