Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

521,686 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JYDog90
AG
BohunkAg said:

She seems to never refer to "we", just "I".
Formerly Willy Wonka
The Wonderer
AG
lawless89 said:

Pretty sure even College Station had wind damage from Ike.
Yeah, it was ****ing brutal.
Sazerac
AG
Tried to leave for Rita at like 3am. Westpark tollway west was a nightmare so "rode it out" with fam in west Houston.

Left Pearland early for Ike. Fence damage and a few shingles. Power was back on by the time I got back to the house 2-3 days later.

Staying for Laura in west Houston. Have a generator. Fingers crossed on neighbors' crappy pine trees.

The Wonderer
AG
Willy Wonka said:

BohunkAg said:

She seems to never refer to "we", just "I".
Well, technically, she's the only one with the authority
jetch17
AG
So even if this thing goes East of Galveston, what effect is expected in Houston proper out to the burbs, TS winds?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
rilloaggie said:

We got Karens fighting over their position in the Kroger gas station line on the west side! Saving that $.03 per gallon is worth coming to blows over!
Seabreeze
That all depends on strength and land fall. Believe which model you like.
TommyBrady
AG
12th Man Ag
AG
jetch17 said:

So even if this thing goes East of Galveston, what effect is expected in Houston proper out to the burbs, TS winds?
Depends on how far east of Galveston. If it actually makes landfall across the island, all of Houston proper will be in for some intense weather. If east of Galveston means Port Arthur, likely TS or less winds in Houston proper.
Gig-Em2003
AG
How far East? 10 miles east, probably TS winds over most of metro area as far west as Katy if it lands as a Cat 3. 20 miles east and I think the western suburbs feel less but still some impacts. Beaumont/Sabine River landfall - nothing really for west Houston metro.
Onceaggie2.0
TommyBrady said:

I work ENG and our water guys are running models rn and looks like the latest prediction moving west would basically have the 100 year floodplains being inundated. Take it for what its worth but they are some smart dudes and we just ordered our houston offices to evacuate tomorrow morning.
thought it was more wind than rain.
swimmerbabe11
So if I go today to fill my gas cans for my tailgate generators, get some extra groceries, dog food, candles, water, and flashlight because I cant find mine... does that make me a Karen who is panicking?

I'm not sure anymore.
dallasag00
AG
FPS_Dough said:

TommyBrady said:

I work ENG and our water guys are running models rn and looks like the latest prediction moving west would basically have the 100 year floodplains being inundated. Take it for what its worth but they are some smart dudes and we just ordered our houston offices to evacuate tomorrow morning.
storm surge perhaps?
gigemJTH12
AG
Euro has gusts of 190 mph right as it hits land
AustinCountyAg
FPS_Dough said:

TommyBrady said:

this. nowhere has anyone mentioned anything about large rainfall totals
TXAG14

dallasag00
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Euro has gusts of 190 mph right as it hits land
Premium
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

So if I go today to fill my gas cans for my tailgate generators, get some extra groceries, dog food, candles, water, and flashlight because I cant find mine... does that make me a Karen who is panicking?

I'm not sure anymore.

I wouldn't risk the name calling
12th Man Ag
AG
Yeah, the rain won't be an issue with this one, but the storm surge could be intense along the coast. Not sure I would be evacuating buildings in Houston for fear of flooding with this one.
bluefire579
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm not sure anymore.

No. It means you're preparing for a very real emergency situation.
Gig-Em2003
AG
That's a catastrophic Cat 5 if so.
V8Aggie
AG
We have a beach house in Sea Isle (west end of Galveston). Have a ring floodlight camera under the house. Will post pics as long as the cam stays on. Prayers for my golf cart...
swimmerbabe11
I have a friend who just moved to mont Belvieu from California and he's back in Cali right now...he's very confused on how to feel about all this. Apparently, Michigan and California don't prepare you for this sort of thing.
Nitro Power
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm not sure anymore.

Depends...

If you find time in all of that to get on somebody for not wearing a mask...maybe
sts7049
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I have a friend who just moved to mont Belvieu from California and he's back in Cali right now...he's very confused on how to feel about all this. Apparently, Michigan and California don't prepare you for this sort of thing.

I'd much prefer hurricanes over wildfires
gigemJTH12
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

tell him to stay there for good just to be safe
swimmerbabe11
Nitro Power said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm not sure anymore.

Depends...

If you find time in all of that to get on somebody for not wearing a mask...maybe

Karen has become code for "person who reacts to a situation differently than I would like them to"
swimmerbabe11
sts7049 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

and earthquakes. earthquakes freak me out.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
sts7049 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

And earthquakes
tjack16
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm not sure anymore.

Not at all. A Karen would buy 3 months worth of toilet paper and food, go to express checkout that says 15 items or less... then complain to the teenage cashier that he's going to slow, and ask for the manager since her coupons won't work.

This is word for word what happened when I went to HEB a week after COVID hit Houston
XpressAg09
AG
Isn't everyday a "voluntary evacuation" if you leave your home? She's just tweeting for the sake of tweeting at this point.
V8Aggie
AG
Obligatory "control" picture.

Premium
AG
I'm reading the Euro model shifted back east to be more in line with:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/08/25/hurricane-laura-texas-louisiana/%3foutputType=amp

August 25, 2020 at 2:23 PM EDT

"Computer models try to hone in on Laura's landfall; Port Arthur, Tex., is the latest target"

"It may take until Wednesday for the forecast track for Laura to be nailed down, but the latest simulations from the European and American models now take the center of the storm very close to Port Arthur, Tex., near the border with Louisiana."
Betoisafurry
Are you on the beach or bay side in sea isle?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.