Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

527,399 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
Anti-taxxer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Our HEB is boarding everything up.

Which area is that in? I'm about 40 miles from the coast and don't honestly know if its worth the hassle of boarding anything up and really don't know how strong a storm would have to be in the first place to worry about that. Have only been through trop storms and cat 1 canes myself.

Pearland on 288.
Onceaggie2.0
Getting salty in here
kelkel25
The center appears to be further south than originally thought. If it stays offshore south of Cuba and gets into the GOM pretty much unscathed then we could have a serious problem as that would track it further west than the 10am forecast.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ragoo said:

Would a second storm moving in behind the first tens to move west or east of the first storm path? I would think a recent heavy rain and wind event would churn and cool the surface of the water enough to "move" the next storm into a different path.
No... The mid-level atmospheric conditions are doing most of the steering. Levi commented last night, weaker (not as tall) storms are steered greater by low level winds and stronger storms are more susceptible to mid-level winds.

Marco strengthened a bit sooner and therefore got caught up in a trough that's riding through the gulf. They though he would develop slower, hit the Yucatan, then get into the gulf. Instead he got stronger and is being pulled by that trough.

Laura on the other hand, is remaining disorganized and slower. This will allow a high pressure ridge to build in behind that trough and Laura will now likely have to move west of that ridge. The longer she takes, the more it builds, the farther west she goes. Her center staying south of Cuba puts Texas, potentially down to Corpus back in play.
Seabreeze
Uncertainty on Marco continues

Anti-taxxer
AG
That second picture is nuts. What's happening in that pic?
Cromagnum
AG
These models.

Charlie Murphy
Anti-taxxer said:

Cromagnum said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Which area is that in? I'm about 40 miles from the coast and don't honestly know if its worth the hassle of boarding anything up and really don't know how strong a storm would have to be in the first place to worry about that. Have only been through trop storms and cat 1 canes myself.

Pearland on 288.

Your saying the HEB in peatland is already boarding up? Seems a bit premature if not totally unnecessary.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Keep in mind each of those model runs is 6hrs apart... No wonder the weather man is rarely right
Seabreeze
Who ever is driving Marco is drunk
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Wtf is happening here
None of those look good and look like epic rain makers
videoag98
videoag98
AG
https://spacecityweather.com/we-are-taking-ts-laura-very-seriously-but-its-destiny-is-far-from-certain/#more-16776
Anti-taxxer
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Cromagnum said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Pearland on 288.

Your saying the HEB in peatland is already boarding up? Seems a bit premature if not totally unnecessary.

At 1130 this morning, they absolutely were. Unnecessary was my thought, as well.
AgLA06
AG
Starting to look like a decent chance we get Cat2 or bigger Marco Wednesday and Cat 3 or bigger Laura Thursday.

Hold on to your buts!
TXAG14
Seabreeze said:

Uncertainty on Marco continues

Sazerac
AG
We - in Houston - won't get any of Marco and likely none of Laura.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Sazerac said:

What makes you so sure?
Seabreeze
Levi's latest up date..
gougler08
AG
Sazerac said:

I'm sure I'll trust you more than all the models
Premium
AG
Seabreeze said:

Levi's latest up date..

Could you please summarize a 15 minute video ?
Sazerac
AG
None of the models should make you think Houston is about to get two hurricanes.
Seabreeze
4pm NHC tracks

jefe95
AG
So these storms are going to essentially cross each other over SE TX sometime on Wednesday?

Sounds fun.
Astrobo
AG
Dammit Laura
Cromagnum
AG
So looks like Marco poofs and bee lines west and then Laura gets stronger and curves to the northeast like most of them tend to do. Crazy that it looks to happen within 24 hours of one another.
sts7049
AG
laura should be your main concern. too early to know yet if Houston will be on the dirty side or not. since laura is set up south of cuba it has a good chance to get stronger
AgLiving06
I felt like Laura looked better slightly for us on the last update. The track line is back in Louisiana.
CoachLB
Laura- The latest NHC moved a little east. Around the Tx/La border. I looked at the euro run and it has it even farther east. Landfall East of Vermillion bay. Just have to keep watching it.
JJxvi
AG
I think Marco is going to be pushed more northeast than the models show as Laura approaches it
Ag12thman
AG
CoachLB said:

Laura- The latest NHC moved a little east. Around the Tx/La border. I looked at the euro run and it has it even farther east. Landfall East of Vermillion bay. Just have to keep watching it.
Everything I'm seeing shows a fairly sharp East turn after landfall as well, so looking better for most of Texas. Thoughts and prayers for our fellow SEC brethren (LA, MS) if sticks to what most models are showing.
AgLA06
AG
Sazerac said:

None of the models should make you think Houston is about to get two hurricanes.

Go on...
gougler08
AG
Need Laura to catch a lot of Cuba, if not i bet that track moves over Houston tomorrow
swimmerbabe11
I'm literally only following this thread to Guage how worried I should be but I can't tell who is sarcastically talking about stocking up on water and stuff and who is serious.
Kenneth_2003
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm literally only following this thread to Guage how worried I should be but I can't tell who is sarcastically talking about stocking up on water and stuff and who is serious.
Honest answer... The models and the forecasters aren't sure about Laura. The bits of Marco that turn west are going to be totally disorganized and it will have had its moisture sheared off of it. What happens to Marco will play a role in the final positioning of Laura.

Short answer... No one has a damn clue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.