Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

527,433 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This
Zero concern about rain, but am concerned about backyard projectiles
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
jetch17 said:

Jock 07 said:

If this thing does in fact hit and causes some damage in Harris County will be interesting to see how Dora handles any type of a recovery effort
oh you know shes sh*tting HARD right now
Did yall watch her and Sylvester at the lunchtime presser? She already sounded like she was in full meltdown mode, babbling through some buzzword salad about how we will survive this because "we are reee-zilll-eee-yent. We arrree a community...that is strongeerrr....tooo-geth-therrrrrr...." Maybe just chill out and let the grown ups talk.

Then Sylvester took the podium back to explain that we're better prepared for this one because of Covid, and so many people have lost their jobs and been furloughed that the traffic shouldn't be as bad.

I wish they'd go back to letting the OEM people and meteorologists do the talking instead of giving stupid campaign speeches.
Anti-taxxer
AG
drwong said:

Anti-taxxer said:

ChemAg15 said:

We tucked our tails and left this morning. When this thing misses the Tine you can all thank me.

We are the only ones our street who seem to be doing any sort of prep.

We are doing our part to make sure it completely misses us.
same here, no one else seems to be doing anything on our street. I asked my neighbor if he was going to board up and he said he was going to watch it for a day or two.

I asked mine if she needed some help getting ready, and she looked at me like I had two heads.
Fitch
AG
Having been on several conference calls with coworkers around Houston today I feel comfortable now saying most people are operating under the thought this is going to Louisiana and a non-issue for Houstonians unless you have a bay house.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Harry Lime said:

jetch17 said:

Jock 07 said:

If this thing does in fact hit and causes some damage in Harris County will be interesting to see how Dora handles any type of a recovery effort
oh you know shes sh*tting HARD right now
Did yall watch her and Sylvester at the lunchtime presser? She already sounded like she was in full meltdown mode, babbling through some buzzword salad about how we will survive this because "we are reee-zilll-eee-yent. We arrree a community...that is strongeerrr....tooo-geth-therrrrrr...." Maybe just chill out and let the grown ups talk.

Then Sylvester took the podium back to explain that we're better prepared for this one because of Covid, and so many people have lost their jobs and been furloughed that the traffic shouldn't be as bad.

I wish they'd go back to letting the OEM people and meteorologists do the talking instead of giving stupid campaign speeches.

Omg. I almost peed on myself!
Aggie1391
I live close to you, I filled up my nearly empty tank at the one that still had gas available.
txcincinnatus
AG
Have a FL vacation planned for next week. Supposed to leave this Saturday. We were thinking about heading out tonight and making the drive before the storm gets in to town and just extending a few days. Is that a crazy idea? Assume traffic shouldn't be heavy on i10 east and if we leave tonight will pass through well in advance of the storm..
The Brazos Kid
txcincinnatus said:

Have a FL vacation planned for next week. Supposed to leave this Saturday. We were thinking about heading out tonight and making the drive before the storm gets in to town and just extending a few days. Is that a crazy idea? Assume traffic shouldn't be heavy on i10 east and if we leave tonight will pass through well in advance of the storm..
Once you get past Sulphur, LA you're probably going to be sitting in traffic...
Premium
AG
txcincinnatus said:

Wait, so you think it's okay to leave a possible Hurricane 4 track to be in sunshine and paradise. GTFO, you need to stick it out with the rest of us.
dshedd41
S
Stay safe guys!
Gig’em Aggies!
tommyjohn
CISD closed Wednesday and Thursday.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
So your plan is to drive across a hundred or more miles or mandatory evacuation zones while evac is in progress?
Anti-taxxer
AG
Pearland ISD closed Wednesday and Thursday
K_P
AG
My neighbors are remodeling and there's s*** everywhere in the yard/driveway and an open top dumpster full of trash 15feet from our bedroom window. Considering boarding up because of that but will wait and see. Live in Spring Branch
cone
AG
I would not drive now, cutting it too close IMO

I'd drive Saturday and go north through Alexandria
gougler08
AG
FBISD also closed Wed/Thurs
98Ag99Grad
AG
Space City 2:30 update: https://spacecityweather.com/

TLDR: looking more like a rita type landing but nothing is set in stone. next update at 8:30
htxag09
AG
Aggie1391 said:

I live close to you, I filled up my nearly empty tank at the one that still had gas available.

Tailgate party if we lose power????
BowSowy
AG
txcincinnatus said:

By Saturday, you should know which routes are navigable vs which aren't and you won't be dealing with evacuation traffic. Leaving now is a bad idea IMO
CFTXAG10
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Space City 2:30 update: https://spacecityweather.com/

TLDR: looking more like a rita type landing but nothing is set in stone. next update at 8:30
Quote:

However, and this is very important, this track is far from dialed in. There are still some models that dissent from this scenario, and there remains the potential for Laura to wobble as it moves across the Gulf of Mexico. I think we can safely rule out a landfall near Freeport or the San Luis Pass, which would be the absolute worst case scenario for Houston and Galveston. However, a landfall anywhere from the East End of Galveston Island to the Texas-Louisiana border remains in play. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to close the book on Laura, but we are just not there yet. Maybe by tomorrow morning, maybe not. This is a nail-biter for the Houston and Galveston areas. Please heed mandatory evacuation orders and continue preparations.
At least some good news in there
Anti-taxxer
AG
Son of a *****.

We just spent two hours moving all of our *****

ETA: I'm happy not to get a direct hit. But damn. I could have been not moving all this stuff around.
MattAg98
AG
If you're going to be gone all week, you might want to clean out your frige before you go. if your house loses power for more than a couple days, you are going to return to a mess in your refrigerator.
rilloaggie
AG
RealTalk said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Nitro Power said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

So if I go today to fill my gas cans for my tailgate generators, get some extra groceries, dog food, candles, water, and flashlight because I cant find mine... does that make me a Karen who is panicking?

I'm not sure anymore.

Depends...

If you find time in all of that to get on somebody for not wearing a mask...maybe

Karen has become code for "person who reacts to a situation differently than I would like them to"
No it hasn't.

You still have to be a b/tch to be called a Karen.

Let's set the record straight here. These women weren't Karens for getting gas. They became Karens by screaming at each other loud enough for me to hear from 100' away. Lemme figure out how to upload a video and I'll post that shiz so you can see a Karen fight in the wild...

ETA- video is two posts below
TXTransplant
TxFoundry said:

txcincinnatus said:

Once you get past Sulphur, LA you're probably going to be sitting in traffic...

Post above is likely correct. There isn't a major north/south route until you get to Lafayette. I would expect lots of people to be evacuating east.
rilloaggie
AG
Aggie1391
Absolutely. I have plenty of booze stocked
txcincinnatus
AG
Thanks all for the common sense! We're going to ride out the storm and will re-evaluate this weekend. Looks like the track is holding east of Houston. Worst that happens is we lose a day or two because of the storm.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Bonus points for landscape mode
McGibblets
AG
Did someone say gas fight?

chimpanzee

From Space City - This is the Euro models latest run. This shot looks to be just East of Rita's track.

This will be my sixth time through this drill. Who all is enjoying feeling like your grandpa back in the 80's that told everyone about how bad Hurricane Carla was BITD?
kansas02gt
AG
Gas fight??

edit: was going for the zoolander gif and I cant get it after 812312 edits, so too bad. gonna go buy some bleach.
SPF250
AG
Quote:

Who all is enjoying feeling like your grandpa that told everyone about Hurricane Carla back in the 80's?
Missed it by that much.
The Brazos Kid
RebelE Infantry said:

Bonus points for landscape mode

This!
E
AG
I was hoping for some weave pulling... severely disappointed
David_Puddy
AG
rilloaggie said:

Is that from today? If so, it won't be long before that is turned into a racial injustice situation

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.