Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

522,490 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
SLAM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Premium said:

Fitch said:

Interesting note on the euro model from the above link:
Quote:

The European model is the best forecasting system in the world for several reasons, most notably because the European modeling center has invested heavily in their model. It has the most advanced computer hardware and has devised the best system to assimilate real-time meteorological observations into its model for future runs. This means the model runs start with the most accurate initial conditions.

When looking at the data, we see several interesting trends. Among the global models, through a 72-hour forecast, the UK model is generally a little bit more accurate than the European model. However at longer time frames, four- and five-day forecasts, the European model shows its class. In fact, the four-day forecasts of the European model were more accurate than the consensus model or even the human forecasters at the National Hurricane Center who weigh all of this data to make their five-day forecasts and draw the cone of uncertainty.

Also of note? NOAA's new hurricane model, the HMON, performed terribly.

Since we are two days out, sounds like Euro is less accurate than the UK

UKMET also has a Galveston hit.
tk for tu juan
Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

Question...What are the consequences of ignoring a mandatory evac order? I have always wondered how that works.
Death...or if you survive, the news crew interviews you as you're standing in the middle of rubble with your clothes all tattered talking about how "Me and Verleen were holdin' onto the water heater for dear life as it sounded like a freight train was coming through our livin' room..." and someone on Texags recognizes you and plasters you all over this thread, kinda like the moron who drove his Camry into the high water and had to be rescued on live TV.

That's about all that'll happen to you.

Think it was a Prius for the Rice prof
Martin Q. Blank
Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

Question...What are the consequences of ignoring a mandatory evac order? I have always wondered how that works.
Death...or if you survive, the news crew interviews you as you're standing in the middle of rubble with your clothes all tattered talking about how "Me and Verleen were holdin' onto the water heater for dear life as it sounded like a freight train was coming through our livin' room..." and someone on Texags recognizes you and plasters you all over this thread, kinda like the moron who drove his Camry into the high water and had to be rescued on live TV.

Prius
Onceaggie2.0
Rk
Betoisafurry
HtownAg92 said:

Don't we usually get some intel from O&G guys whose company weather teams have more detailed track and intensity info to protect offshore assets?
We all got laid off
Ducks4brkfast
AG
My sister moved to Magnolia about a year ago. She has been incredibly irritating during this whole COVID thing with 2+ million deaths by December, Trump bad, if you leave your house your a bad person, etc.

Well she's freaking the fk out about Laura and guess who's getting a steady steam of EURO models texted to her.

Paybacks a *****, *****.
BrazosDog02
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

so basically it all comes down to if you believe the Euro or all the others?
So.....how did the Euro handle Harvey?

Asking for a friend.

Is your friend Camelclub? Or camelback? Cameltoe? Whatever
I can assure you I have no idea who you are talking about, but these are solid texags handles if thats what these are.

Hahahahaha

It's someone who keeps coronabombing the thread; asking if Fauci predicted Harvey, if the hurricane is gonna stir up Covid particles, and if we are as scared as we were before Harvey.
I think that EVERYONE in Houston, with Covid and Harvey should be pretty desensitized to "stuff you can't control" and should be more calm about preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Then again, judging by the home depot parking lot less than 3 days out...maybe not.
TXAG14
UKMET and Euro both picking up on a stronger ridge of high pressure and pushing the storm closer to Galveston bay.
cmag
In Pearland. Just got my plywood for boarding up the windows (actually excuse to justify buying my attic floor)
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

a steady steam of EURO models texted to her
how does one join this distribution list? AFAF
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

My favorite thing is when the reporters go knock on doors demanding to know "WHY DID YOU STAY???" I always think, well they live there...unlike the reporters camped out in their driveways checking on them every 20 minutes looking for a puddle to jump in.
BowSowy
AG

I don't think the 1pm cone changed at all from the 10am cone
Fitch
AG
aftershock
BrazosDog02 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Asking for a friend.

I can assure you I have no idea who you are talking about, but these are solid texags handles if thats what these are.

Hahahahaha

It's someone who keeps coronabombing the thread; asking if Fauci predicted Harvey, if the hurricane is gonna stir up Covid particles, and if we are as scared as we were before Harvey.
I think that EVERYONE in Houston, with Covid and Harvey should be pretty desensitized to "stuff you can't control" and should be more calm about preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Then again, judging by the home depot parking lot less than 3 days out...maybe not.

Ehhh, it's really just separated everyone into two distinct camps:

Those who are, like you said, desensitized to it all
and
Those who are FREAKING THE F OUT

There is very little middle ground and each camp thinks the other camp are complete idiots.

Kenneth_2003
AG
Harry Lime said:

Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

My favorite thing is when the reporters go knock on doors demanding to know "WHY DID YOU STAY???" I always think, well they live there...unlike the reporters camped out in their driveways checking on them every 20 minutes looking for a puddle to jump in.
On the other end of the spectrum...
Which storm was it... Mathew I think, some reporter/storm chasers found themselves in a truly oh **** **** me moment that I found to be mildly hilarious. They managed to survive when they finally found a brick wall to hide behind, but I was genuinely thinking their death was about to be live-streamed.
JobSecurity
AG
12z euro stronger

Martin Q. Blank
aftershock said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

BrazosDog02 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Asking for a friend.

Hahahahaha

Ehhh, it's really just separated everyone into two distinct camps:

Those who are, like you said, desensitized to it all
and
Those who are FREAKING THE F OUT

There is very little middle ground and each camp thinks the other camp are complete idiots.

Well they are.
TXTransplant
Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

Change that name to Eugene, and you've got a story about a guy who went up to his attic and after the storm surge from Katrina tore his house apart and he was hanging on to his roof for dear life, a small boat floated by and he crawled into that until the waters receded. #truestory
HtownAg92
AG
For those who think Huntsville wind damage is far-fetched, a buddy fled Rita and had a tree fall and smash is car at his in-laws in Nacodoches.
lawless89
Pretty sure even College Station had wind damage from Ike.
gougler08
AG
lawless89 said:

My window leaked
Cromagnum
AG
BowSowy said:

I don't think the 1pm cone changed at all from the 10am cone

Cones are only updated at the 4s and 10s
TXTransplant
https://instagr.am/p/CEUZLLipSeI
BohunkAg
AG
Jet Black
I've never evacuated. Seems like a big hassle. I guess if you have someone you can stay with it makes some sense.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I tried evacuating for Ike to get to A&m in time for kickoff that Thursday.

Never again.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Jet Black said:

I've never evacuated. Seems like a big hassle. I guess if you have someone you can stay with it makes soles sense.
This.
rilloaggie
AG
We got Karens fighting over their position in the Kroger gas station line on the west side! Saving that $.03 per gallon is worth coming to blows over!
Smokedraw01
tk for tu juan said:

Willy Wonka said:

Nitro Power said:

Think it was a Prius for the Rice prof
And he had a stroke, right?
Seabreeze
jetch17
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I tried evacuating for Ike to get to A&m in time for kickoff that Thursday.

Never again.
This. thought it was the bright idea to just head to CS, catch the game that night, then dick off at the Chicken and Dudds for a few days since my sis still lived up there. 8 GD hours on the road.

of course i still did all the things listed once i got there, but man, what a B
JYDog90
AG
gougler08 said:

lawless89 said:

My window leaked

Those hurricanes are no joke. The struggle is real.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Nitro Power
AG
rilloaggie said:

We got Karens fighting over their position in the Kroger gas station line on the west side! Saving that $.03 per gallon is worth coming to blows over!
Dude..

You have to save every penny you can with the Dora tax increases and that lack of income dollars from things such as working.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.