*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

326,646 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like I picked the wrong episode to "wait until later" to watch.
jeffk
AG
That was something.
Great great episode!
mazag08
AG
Did I miss something? How does it all make sense now?
SquirrellyDan
AG
I just now watched the first two of the original 3 Star Wars (don't shoot!). I've seen all the prequels and have been watching the Mandolorian....kind of cool to be putting it all together for the first time (for me). In A New Hope, there's a Mandolrian clearly walking around in one of the scenes. Pretty neat.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

I just now watched the first two of the original 3 Star Wars (don't shoot!). I've seen all the prequels and have been watching the Mandolorian....kind of cool to be putting it all together for the first time (for me). In A New Hope, there's a Mandolrian clearly walking around in one of the scenes. Pretty neat.

Your lack of watching the original first is disturbing.

Pretty sure that is Boba Fett in the updated scene with weirdo looking Jabba and Han in Mos Eisley ?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Sarduakar said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Your lack of watching the original first is disturbing.

Pretty sure that is Boba Fett in the updated scene with weirdo looking Jabba and Han in Mos Eisley ?
Ah that's probably right.
twilly
AG
redline248
AG
Only if he thinks you're Mando's enemy
Hagen95
AG
Sweet episode.
redline248
AG
Did anyone else get a Pitch Black vibe during the camp scene?
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

Did anyone else get a Pitch Black vibe during the camp scene?
YES
Malachi Constant
AG
How about that - two stormtroopers set out on a task and completed it successfully!
5 Keys to Victory: 1. Out Hit 2. Out Hustle 3. Out Execute 4. Win the Kicking Game 5. Play with Emotion
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

How about that - two stormtroopers set out on a task and completed it successfully!
Real question was how they knew exactly where Mando's ship was since they landed at least 1.5 days ride from the town.
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Real question was how they knew exactly where Mando's ship was since they landed at least 1.5 days ride from the town.
I assume they just tracked the signal from the communicator they intercepted.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
wangus12 said:

Swap out Mando/Jawa for rebel mercenary/baby Yoda and this would be perfect
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
"Get this thing out of here."
"Wait..."
"He's trying to eat me!"
PatAg
AG
I really did not expect BabyYoda to force choke a *****...and then he also healed. Who has been teaching the little guy both sides
redline248
AG
The face BY made when he put the clamps down on Cara Dun was scary
jabberwalkie09
AG
So the troop transport hover tank thing, that was definitely in Rebels.
Madmarttigan
AG
That is the most blue balls episode ever. Super pumped for next week I hope it is longer than 30 mins
PatAg
AG
I just know this season is going to end with the Moff having Baby Yoda and leaving, with the Mandalorian vowing to save the kid no matter what it takes. Going to be a bummer
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

I really did not expect BabyYoda to force choke a *****...and then he also healed. Who has been teaching the little guy both sides

I think he's acting on instinct
mazag08
AG
Was the guy at the end of the episode somebody important we should already know about?
Dro07
AG
first they are sour... then they are sweet
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pour one out for our homie Kuiil, for he has spoken.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
mazag08 said:

Was the guy at the end of the episode somebody important we should already know about?

Yea, his name is Darth Fring, he owns Los Pollos Hermanos Imperialos, which is a front for the empires massive meth trafficking operation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jbanda
AG
Had we ever seen a TIE fighter land on the ground before? Never seen them fold their wings up like that.

I'd only ever seen them in those slots on star destroyers.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jbanda said:

Had we ever seen a TIE fighter land on the ground before? Never seen them fold their wings up like that.

I'd only ever seen them in those slots on star destroyers.

We've seen two different methods of ground landings for TIE's in canon. Both come from Rebels iirc. One method was with the TIE landing on the panels upright. The second was the Inquisitor's TIE's with the panels folded in towards the cockpit and landed on belly similar to how it is in the show.

This method where the panels fold outward is new, but not too dissimilar to what we've had before. I suspect that this was a bit of a blend of Filoni's experience with having worked in Star Wars for a long time and giving some technical insights that have come before.

I do not remember how the TIE Defender landed though.
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

I just know this season is going to end with the Moff having Baby Yoda and leaving, with the Mandalorian vowing to save the kid no matter what it takes. Going to be a bummer

Trailer for the series shows, what I assume is, Mando on top of a TIE with that Moff looking up from the pilot seat. You could be right...unless he is saving BY, or killing the Moff.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

Trailer for the series shows, what I assume is, Mando on top of a TIE with that Moff looking up from the pilot seat. You could be right...unless he is saving BY, or killing the Moff.

Or both. I'm kind of hoping Mando goes full man on fire, having a revenge tour.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

Just like Rey?
redline248
AG
Sarduakar said:

redline248 said:

PatAg said:

Just like Rey?

Well, Rey went from zero to 100 in an hour. BY appears to still be unable to completely control what he wants to do, based on him not managing to affect the droid.

I see your point, though.
Urban Ag
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

So the troop transport hover tank thing, that was definitely in Rebels.
That was a toy that Kenner released in the late 70's to encourage kids to get their parents to buy multiple Stormtroopers to fill it up. I don't recall it being at Mos Eisley in ANH. IIRC it was a prop that was edited out of the theatrical release but still made it as a toy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.