*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

332,457 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That makes sense.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So SWT is convinced the mystery figure at the end is Boba Fett. Thoughts?
I think Favreau or Filoni has specifically said Boba Fett is not in this show. It's funny, it was such the given that he survived the Sarlaac in the EU that you just take for granted he's alive. Not really sure what value Boba Fett would add to the show. Has he really been sitting around on Tattooine for 5 years? Is he after our Mando?
He's actually bene on the same planet at the same time as Yoda, although doubtful he noticed him on Geonosis, what with Mace Windu cutting his dad's head off and all.

I agree it should be someone of note, but I'd rather it be someone in the show's universe, not outside of it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I totally forgot he was even in this. Gotta be him.

It's weird how some of these characters are coming in so late in the season. And how many have come and gone so quickly.

Apparently Werner Herzog was only credited in two episodes, so we've seen the last of him already.
I actually think it's pretty bad-ass that such quality actors are willing to take on small-ish roles and at the hell out of them. I had always wanted that for Game of Thrones, especially the one with Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent in the Tower of Joy flashback. Would have loved some Daniel Craig to have been Arthur Dayne or Anthony Hopkins to be Gerrold Hightower for the gravitas.
jokershady
AG
Are people having issues with Disney plus at the moment??? Trying to finally stream tonight's episode and nothing works.

All my other streaming devices work fine. And I can't get anything to work properly on Disney plus so it's not just limited to Mandalorian....

Wow this sucks....
Rudyjax
AG
Just checked for you. Working fine.
jokershady
AG
Mine is completely screwed up. Anything I try to stream on Disney plus results in:

No image
I have sound
There's a green square on the left side of screen
Get an image when I rewind or fast forward to show where I am

All my other streaming services are working normally as well as internet on devices so my connection is fine
MrPlow2010
AG
Not sure who that was at the end but I saw this on the internet. The sound at the end when the person walks up to the body sounds very similar to this sound . It's at 1:43 in the clip.
redline248
AG
Have you tried to stream on multiple devices? TV, phone, tablet and pc?
amercer
AG
Loved the episode, and have loved the series so far.

I don't care if it's filler. The whole thing has been designed to be filler, since they set it in between movies. (I wish Star Wars would move out of it tiny sandbox, but they seem really reluctant to)

So as long as it's fun, well made, and doesn't **** up the rest of the cannon, then I'm perfectly happy.
bobinator
AG
Didn't really care for that episode. We're just going to have to have faith that baby yoda is going to mean something eventually.

So far this show is like if you set a show in the Harry Potter Universe following a random wizard and he found the Elder Wand. A force using baby yoda is such a potentially huge piece of the larger plot that it makes it hard to care about these little plots for me.
jokershady
AG
Whelp...did the old unplug it, shut it off, and plug it back in and that seemed to work....only problem is kids got tired and are in bed and we've been watching these together every week.

So I'll be catching it tomorrow with them....it's been hell trying to avoid/not read anything on this thread today....
amercer
AG
Or maybe it's not, right?

Maybe there are lots of force sensitive people/creatures in this galaxy and Baby Yoda is only important in this little story because he's a clone/lost asset that some former imperial bigwigs are fighting over.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bobinator
AG
What I'm saying, and I said this on here as a concern in the second episode, is they could have accomplished all that with any baby of any species. That they made it a yoda, and showed that it's powerful with the force, raises all kinds of questions and makes it tie in with our larger Star Wars universe. If they just wanted a plot device they could have used something else, but now I can't help but be a little bit frustrated that we aren't learning more about it.
amercer
AG
And hopefully that means they hand it to a force user at the end of the season who ties the PT to the current series and makes all the fan service go boom.

Or he just leaves baby Yoda on some desert planet with a scraper.
bobinator
AG
I mean all indications we've ever gotten are that force users are extremely rare. So rare in this case that neither the Mandalorian nor Nick Nolte's character seem to have ever heard of the force.
bobinator
AG
For the record I still like the show overall and certainly not checking out on it, I just haven't particularly cared for these last two episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He drops him off on Kamino and orders a clone army of Baby Yodas.

This army will show up to save the day during the climactic battle in TROS.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
i enjoyed it for what it was but the fan service was a litte too much
AliasMan02
AG
I feel like there's a lot of whining on this thread. Am I the only one that sees and is interested in the layers they're building for how the Guild and underworld work? And I love the serial nature of the episodes with the self contained plots. Reminds me a lot of Firefly.

For those with an issue with the pacing and the placement of some slow episodes in the middle stretch here, I'd encourage you to have patience. This is the way the other series, especially Rebels, play out as well. They tend to introduce the plot and get back to it after meandering a bit.
Duncan Idaho
and to you good sir i say "Maclunky"
Silky Johnston
He sure does leave baby Yoda unattended an awful lot.
tamusc
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I feel like there's a lot of whining on this thread. Am I the only one that sees and is interested in the layers they're building for how the Guild and underworld work? And I love the serial nature of the episodes with the self contained plots. Reminds me a lot of Firefly.

For those with an issue with the pacing and the placement of some slow episodes in the middle stretch here, I'd encourage you to have patience. This is the way the other series, especially Rebels, play out as well. They tend to introduce the plot and get back to it after meandering a bit.
I've been watching through Rebels again on Disney+ and the comparison to how Rebels is structured is spot on.
redline248
AG
How many episodes did Rebels have per season? Easier to format a show that way with more than 8. Or rather, easier for fans to accept it. In my opinion
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

How many episodes did Rebels have per season? Easier to format a show that way with more than 8. Or rather, easier for fans to accept it. In my opinion

True, Rebels had 15/22/22/16 over the four seasons. But I remember people complaining about the lack of overall arc the first season which was mostly on Lothal. Additionally people cut the show some slack due to it being somewhat different demographically imo.
EMY92
AG
Silky Johnston said:

The kid is 50. Time for him to start gaining a little freedom.
Quad Dog
AG
If we are speculating what happens to Baby Yoda and why he doesn't play into the larger universe, how about at the end Mando puts a cute little helmet on him and says that Manolorians can't use the force.
This is the way
gougler08
AG
So I'm not reading through all the whining but can someone explain why the rookie destroyed the fob because he had "memorized it". Doesn't that go against how they'd been used in the first 4 episodes?
rhutton125
AG
Man this thread moves fast. I'm finally caught up and I'm 47 pages behind.

I dig the show so far. The last two episodes have been my least favorite. I agree that the show seems to work better when it has time to breathe. Characters who are introduced and exited in one episode and try to cram an entire arc in (like the widow, and the rookie) come across as a bit cheesy and rushed. Going through the motions.

I give Mando a pass because his story is drawn out, so I don't need all the answers right this moment. But some of these characters have to cram all their 'tude or zaniness or earnestness into 12 lines of dialogue and the results are mixed.

As a point of personal preference, I enjoy this show wayyyyy more when it's going into new territory as opposed to old fan service. Episodes 1-4 seemed to strike a decent balance. Plenty of creatures you recognized but also new stuff. New locations. It wasn't light on nostalgia but it wasn't too thick either. Tatooine... I dunno man. Literally every Star Wars property goes there. I just don't see the point - especially when nothing about its story Tatooine-specific.

I'm still on board, but episode 5 struck me as the most generic and unnecessary. And I really hope that that mystery character isn't some fan service throwback like Boba Fett. Chart a new course, give us new characters to enjoy. You're pulling me back into this universe - just keep giving me new reasons to stick around, and not more throwbacks.
amercer
AG
gougler08 said:

So I'm not reading through all the whining but can someone explain why the rookie destroyed the fob because he had "memorized it". Doesn't that go against how they'd been used in the first 4 episodes?

He had already tracked the target down and he didn't want Mando to just steal the Fob and get her himself.

Smashing it wasn't the best thought out move, but that fit his character
gougler08
AG
But I guess I thought the fobs beeped more once you got closer to the target. He has tracked her to Tatooine but isn't it still useful?

Guess you're right in that he just didn't think much out throughout the entire episode
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The irony is that these last 2 episodes are what we all assumed the show would be before it came out, but the first 3 made us expect huge payoffs every time out.
Duncan Idaho
Silky Johnston said:

Repulsor lift parents

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.