*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

331,713 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/12/3/20994030/laura-dern-baby-yoda-basketball-game-investigation
Kate Beckett
AG
The image in my head of Baby Yoda at a basketball game is cracking me up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a bit of a laughing fit, not gonna lie.
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag said:

TCTTS said:

I will say, there *are* rumors of a pretty big/awesome reveal toward the end of this season, but if true, it has nothing to do with TROS. I won't even hint at here, but people will lose their minds if and when it does happen.
put it in spoiler tags or post a link

you're killing me Smalls

*** WARNING ***

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK BEING SPOILED...

POTENTIAL SPOILER LINK

I have NO IDEA if this is true or not, but it originated from Jason at Making Star Wars, who himself doesn't know for sure, but is at least in the loop on these kinds of things.
bobinator
AG
I misspoke on saying The Rise of Skywalker, I tend to think it will give more context to the whole sequel trilogy. Something to do with The First Order, Snoke, etc. I don't necessarily think it will directly tie in with The Rise of Skywalker, but it might give some more context to stuff that's happening in that movie.

But that's just kind of a feeling I get, partially from the fact that the release day that week is earlier in the week.
Ag Since 83
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Laura Dern claims to have spotted Baby Yoda... at an NBA game.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/laura-dern-baby-yoda-1203422539/

Someone tell her that was Caruso
TCTTS
AG
I could totally see that, and we have confirmation that it's going to at least hint at the beginnings of the First Order in some way.
kyledr04
AG
tx1c
AG
Whoop!
jokershady
AG
How much y'all want to bet it's General Hux who gets revealed in Mandalorian?

May not be as exciting as you'd like but he is in charge of the First Order troops...so if this series is going to hint at the FO origins it would make sense he has a cameo somehow
TCTTS
AG
Wouldn't he be like 10 years old?
bobinator
AG
That's why it won't be very exciting. He'll just be a whining kid in the background.
jokershady
AG
I thought Hux was middle-aged in TFA....if so wouldn't he be in his late 20s / early 30s during the time of the Mandalorian?

He probably wouldn't be a "General" at this point but I assume having some form of influence somewhere
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Middle-aged? What? He looks late 30's in TFA.
jokershady
AG
Ah hell never mind.....just looked it up his character is supposed to be 34 in TFA and TLJ....

So TC you pretty much nailed what his age would be in Mandalorian....

Curious who the "enemy" reveal would be though....

Has Darth Maul is long dead....

Vader dead....

They sure as hell aren't revealing the emperor....

Any guesses from anyone not named TCTTS who's read spoilers?
twilly
AG
The big reveal is going to be the Mando gets a bounty puck for the galaxy's #1 villain....Jar Jar Binks

jokershady
AG
Could be Snoke and give him more of a back story....lord knows he needs it
bobinator
AG
Snoke would be really high on my list of people that this show could tie into.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, I think the extent of it is going to be that either Werner Herzog's character or Giancarlo Esposito's character is part of some new uprising. I don't even know if they'll call it the First Order or not. I bet we just get some kind of hint that a character we meet on the show is heading off to join or help the remnants of the Empire, who we learn are secretly gathering again or something like that.
TCTTS
AG
Oooh, that would be really cool. The final scene of season one is learning that Snoke is the one after Baby Yoda, and the anticipation for season two would be at a fever pitch...
The Collective
AG
Snoke siphoned off power from force users...
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

That's why it won't be very exciting. He'll just be a whining kid in the background.
As long as it's a scene where a couple of Stormtroopers give him a wedgie as a hot female First Order officer walks by and laughs.

That would help explain a lot.
bonfarr
AG
When I saw Snoke in TFA and he was a giant but only shown as a hologram I thought for sure he was really going to turn out to be a little Yoda sized dude with a Napoleon complex so he had his hologram make him appear huge.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bobinator
AG
I thought the same thing. I definitely didn't expect him to just be normal sized.
redline248
AG
He was more like Chewbacca sized.

...and the giant hologram precedent was set in Empire
TCTTS
AG
Ambres
AG
Just dropping this here cause I loved the lyric.

Pro Ag
AG
This happening after the Aftermath book trilogy has left me hoping to see some of those characters pop back up, Hux would be one of the lesser ones but if it is him it could give us more insight to the first order troopers.

Also, the last book of Aftermath had nods to the Emperor having plans that continue after he is gone.
Ambres
AG
Pro Ag said:

This happening after the Aftermath book trilogy has left me hoping to see some of those characters pop back up, Hux would be one of the lesser ones but if it is him it could give us more insight to the first order troopers.

Also, the last book of Aftermath had nods to the Emperor having plans that continue after he is gone.
Alan Horn said that if the show was successful that he would consider a movie. Well I am thinking the show is doing alright. If so.. what I would love to see .. is Sabine seeking out Mando to help them find Ezra. Can you imagine Ahsoka Tano reaction to Baby Yoda. The first Act ends with Baby Yoda kidnapped by the first order. ACT II: Mando, Sabine, and Ahsoka go after Baby Yoda and Ezra.. in the unknown region.. only to encounter the First Order. Make the antagonist, Admiral Thrawn with Snoke as a meek side character. Admiral Thrawn should be played by someone like Benedict Cumberbatch. Act III: In the end the character realized that Snoke is Ezra .. not knowing that Palatine corrupted him. Snoke fight Ahsoka while Sabine and Mando try to rescue baby Yoda.

Well my 2 cents.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-how-bryce-dallas-howards-kids-kept-baby-yoda-secret-1258784

Impressive to get a 6 year old to keep a secret.
WES2006AG
AG
https://gizmodo.com/39-tattoos-of-baby-yoda-that-prove-were-all-obsessed-wi-1840195265
Duncan Idaho
WES2006AG said:

https://gizmodo.com/39-tattoos-of-baby-yoda-that-prove-were-all-obsessed-wi-1840195265

Those are impressive but...
1) I really hate the excessive use of pound signs on the Tweetter and instagrammers
2)I cant think of anything I thought was cool enough 20 years ago to get tattooed on me that I feel the same way about today
3) you cant be Christian and have a tattoo. The bible says so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

WES2006AG said:

1) I really hate the excessive use of pound signs on the Tweetter and instagrammers
2)I cant think of anything I thought was cool enough 20 years ago to get tattooed on me that I feel the same way about today
I love your trolls
Rudyjax
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

WES2006AG said:

Ok I'll bite. Where does it say this? Leviticus?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.