*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

351,595 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have to say, I'm still leaning more toward Beware of Doug's reaction than all of the positive ones out there. I'm somewhere in the middle. But that was not a *great* first episode. I still have plenty of enthusiasm, though...
TCTTS
AG
A buddy of mine is convinced they're going to call back to the original Boba Fett design with an all-white suit at some point...

The Collective
AG
That is really cool. What a thrill for an extremely talented individual; glad he is getting recognition.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I need a Carl Weathers shirt with him in Rocky, Predator, Action Jackson, Arrested Development, the Shield, and now The Mandalorian.
How can you not include Chubbs from Happy Gilmore in there lol
The Collective
AG
It felt like a pilot, it was enough to keep me interested... but yea, it wasn't amazing.

The acting will get better with Gina Carano...
WALTON LOADS!
AG
HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn alligator BIT MY HAND OFF!!!!!
wangus12
AG
I know some people didn't like the music because it wasn't very Star Wars, but I thought it had a very western/spaghetti western feel to it. I would like some Star Wars undertones, but I liked the different feel of it.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

I have to say, I'm still leaning more toward Beware of Doug's reaction than all of the positive ones out there. I'm somewhere in the middle. But that was not a *great* first episode. I still have plenty of enthusiasm, though...
In a weird way, I almost liked it more because it was kind of 'meh' than if they would have totally blown out the story in first episode with all kinds of stuff and a 'holy **** that was awesome.'

To me it was kind of like 'okay, I'm digging this vibe, let's see what happens'
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I liked the vibe/tone for sure. And the overall story is cool. It just felt rushed to me for no reason. They could have easily made it an hour, provided a bit more context, and let it breathe just a bit more. Oh, well. We've at least got the setup out of the way...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty much my thoughts, as well.
The Collective
AG
Pretty crazy how expensive it was to make given the duration of the show.
Another Doug
AG
Star Wars theme would be good, those are the only pop culture jokes I don't have to explain to stew.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Haven't seen the reaction you're talking about (just jumped to the last page) but I thought the episode provided enough ground work and mystery to keep me interested, and my friend who has always like the Mandalorians enjoyed the lore included in the episode. I'm going with Filoni having heavy input on the lore there.

My problem with the episode is that I kind of felt on the second watch of the episode there was some wasted/inefficient use of time for the limited amount they had.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Beware of Doug said:

I though the first episode was meh. Some good visuals, some star wars nostalgia but that was about it. I hope it gets better. The story/acting were on par of bad Star Trek.

not-boba fett goes to exotic locale, fights monster immediately for absolutely 0 stakes, <something that reminds you of star wars>, not-fett says a few words, repeat

Also, you never realize how import music is to star wars until you hear it with forgettable music.

TCTTS
AG
This image gets funnier every time I see it.
Another Doug
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Beware of Doug said:

I though the first episode was meh. Some good visuals, some star wars nostalgia but that was about it. I hope it gets better. The story/acting were on par of bad Star Trek.

not-boba fett goes to exotic locale, fights monster immediately for absolutely 0 stakes, <something that reminds you of star wars>, not-fett says a few words, repeat

Also, you never realize how import music is to star wars until you hear it with forgettable music.

That makes me yoda-cat right? I'm ok with that.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Beware of Doug said:

Star Wars theme would be good, those are the only pop culture jokes I don't have to explain to stew.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda's face is just perfect. Best post on prequelmemes this year.
BenFiasco14
AG
bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

In a weird way, I almost liked it more because it was kind of 'meh' than if they would have totally blown out the story in first episode with all kinds of stuff and a 'holy **** that was awesome.'

I thought when the Mandolarian grabbed the turret with his hook shot, jumped on it, and rained laser blasts all over the bad guys was a "holy **** that was awesome' moment.

But maybe that's just me.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
lunchbox
BenFiasco14 said:

bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

I thought when the Mandolarian grabbed the turret with his hook shot, jumped on it, and rained laser blasts all over the bad guys was a "holy **** that was awesome' moment.

If they were protecting Baby Yoda....were they really bad guys? Will be interested to see if we find out who its protectors were and if they try to get it back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's...a great point. I can't remember, they weren't stormtroopers, right?
Dro07
AG
no they were ugly faces
lunchbox
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just pulled it up. They are all hooded aliens with red or green spiky faces.
bobinator
AG
Well that was an awesome moment, yes, but I meant like as a whole episode.
bonfarr
AG
lunchbox said:

BenFiasco14 said:

bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

If they were protecting Baby Yoda....were they really bad guys? Will be interested to see if we find out who its protectors were and if they try to get it back.

Are you sure they were protectors? Perhaps they were holding the baby hostage for some other purpose
bobinator
AG
What if Yoda Baby is already super powerful and he was using a jedi mind trick to FORCE the people to protect him?

/mindblown gif
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bird Poo
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn alligator BIT MY HAND OFF!!!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PearlJammin said:

WALTON LOADS! said:

HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn hippalligator BIT MY HAND OFF!!!!!

FIF the Mandalorian.
Another Doug
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn father CHOPPED MY HAND OFF!!!!!
Flashdiaz
AG
Beware of Doug said:

WALTON LOADS! said:

HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn old wizard CHOPPED MY ARM OFF!!!!!

Another Doug
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Beware of Doug said:

WALTON LOADS! said:

HELL NAW!!!!!!! Damn sister GOT MY ROCKS OFF!!!!!

bonfarr
AG
Will the episode be up after midnight tonight? I may have to have a cup of coffee around 9 and stay up to watch if it is.
redline248
AG
lunchbox said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just pulled it up. They are all hooded aliens with red or green spiky faces.

I can't remember the species name, Weequay maybe, or klatooinian? Both were thugs for Jabba.
TCTTS
AG
bonfarr said:

Will the episode be up after midnight tonight? I may have to have a cup of coffee around 9 and stay up to watch if it is.

Midnight Pacific. So 2 AM CT, 3 AM ET.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.