***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

257,724 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peter Mullan (Delos) is a damn good actor.

Delores and Teddy are weak links for me this season.

Pretty easy to figure out the chick in Bollyworld was William's daughter.

I don't really care for Maeve but will be interesting to see what happens in Samuraiworld.

I wonder what's happening at other park controls centers since the Mesa is the only one we have seen.
The scene with Bernard, Elsie, and Delos was straight up horror.
Wes97
AG
I didn't really like the first year of this show near as much as most people that posted about it. But I thought it was good enough to stick with it.

I thought most of this year so far ( and very specifically this episode) were great. Fantastic acting all around. And it actually answered some questions. Being weird all of the time without seeing any progress gets old after a wild.
amercer
AG
Even on the iPad, that was ****ing awesome.

The game makes William be the good guy.

amercer
AG
Oh and the other host/human brain that ford sent Bernard to steal was totally Williams.
amercer
AG
Also, Abernathy isn't sneaking out guest info, he's got 30 years of data from the Delos immortality project.
3rdGen2015
AG
amercer said:

Oh and the other host/human brain that ford sent Bernard to steal was totally Williams.

I'm putting my hat in the ring for it being Juliet's brain.
mazzag
AG
mazzag said:

So is bengal hunter lady MIB's daughter?

And is she really a host? Part of the game? This episode was cruel.
emtes
AG
chick79 said:

This season has really sucked so far in my opinion !

Must not have watched this episode lol
Counterpoint
AG
chick79 said:

This season has really sucked so far in my opinion !
Whaaaaaaat? Was this AFTER last night's episode?

SWCBonfire
AG
Last night reinforced to me that the only part that is still interesting is the man in black continuing to do western stuff.

The Maeve storyline is dragging on, and Delores' storyline has gone off the rails.
duck79
AG
And where have all the bewbs gone?
amercer
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

amercer said:

I'm putting my hat in the ring for it being Julia's brain.

At first I figured it was Arnold's, but I figure the mind transfer technology was probably invented for old man Delos, so that wouldn't work.

So the cradle is the MiB biggest mistake? Seemed like they were making lots more parts than they needed. I wonder if that means they've had more success with other people.

Also, maybe William was so interested in the maze because he thought what Arnold hid in it would help solve the issue with merging a host and a human mind.
Leggo My Elko
AG
I feel like I must be watching a different show than the people complaining after last nights episode. Maybe after last weeks with the weak battle scene I'd understand, but the scenes with William and Delos and Bernard and Elsie in the Delos lab were awesome. It looked and felt like iconic science fiction. Drone hosts committing suicide? Are you kidding me. It was awesome.
bobinator
AG
So we have a "one of the humans isn't really human" situation.

Wife and I were trying to go through human characters to see who makes the most sense, and the best we could come up with is Ford himself even though I don't like the idea that Ford is still alive.

Ford, if he wanted to fake his own death, wouldn't need the clone/host to last very long, which we already know is one of their problems. He just needed it to last long enough to make a speech and get capped by Dolores.

The "you only live as long as the last person to remember you" line that Akecheta tells Stubbs could back this up also.

I don't particularly care for the idea that it's William, though admittedly it's possible.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Best TV available - the GF and I are pausing and discussing like every 10-min with rewinds and captions.

Mind blowing stuff, great acting, great directing
Complete Idiot
bobinator said:

So we have a "one of the humans isn't really human" situation.

Wife and I were trying to go through human characters to see who makes the most sense, and the best we could come up with is Ford himself even though I don't like the idea that Ford is still alive.

Ford, if he wanted to fake his own death, wouldn't need the clone/host to last very long, which we already know is one of their problems. He just needed it to last long enough to make a speech and get capped by Dolores.

The "you only live as long as the last person to remember you" line that Akecheta tells Stubbs could back this up also.

I don't particularly care for the idea that it's William, though admittedly it's possible.
Do maggots eat dead host flesh? Can't remember how real the flesh of the hosts is.

Ford could be alive as a human or alive in a host/system* due to perfecting was Delos attempted re: immortality.
Place odds on these other human-to-host possibilities:
William
Arnold
Arnold's son
William's wife

*Ford seems to be alive in the system, I can suspend disbelief and accept he could program in such a way that he can control all the chess pieces in the William game after Ford is dead, and appear in a young boy, or young girl, or El Lazo and speak directly to William. But I also think it's possible he's not transferred himself to a host body, like Delos did, but rather the system as a whole.

So many things still to consider besides who this other person to host could be - how many Bernard timelines did we see in this episode and where do they fall chronologically? How secret was the Delos/William immortality experiment and was that the "weapon"? or is the weapon cloning and replacing guests (ie the old Futureworld film sequel to the original Westworld)? Or is Ford-in-the-system the weapon and needs to be hooked up to some external internet connection? Is william showing Delores a valley being excavated, and stated it was full of splendor, just a distraction?

What is the motivation of William's daughter? Is she fascinated with getting to know her father and thinks the only way is in the game? Is she chasing her father due to her mother's death, is she angry? Is she interested in taking away her father's position as William was in wresting it away from delos?

The ghost nation scene? Stubbs and where he fits in the timelines we've seen in season 2?

It's well acted, well written, and definitely has enough mystery to keep anyone engaged - unless you miss the boobs of season 1.

bobinator
AG
I think it's important to remember that the only person that's called it a weapon is (I think...) Dolores.

The people who created it may not think of it as a weapon.

That kind of goes into my theory of William creating this host/clone technology and then regretting it and wanting to destroy it before Dolores can get to it and use it.
Complete Idiot
Why has Ford said "this game is meant for you, William"? Why did Ford do this? Did he disapprove of the philosophical ramifications of the project and set it up to fail and hurt William in the process? Show William WHY it was wrong to be working on it by putting him through some type of Charles Dickens like "this is your life"? Did Ford want to use the hosts to stop the immortality project or did he come to think if the humans deserve that the hosts do as well?

What does the Valley Beyond really refer to?

Do I want to watch a Maeve Samurai World episode?
Leggo My Elko
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Your in luck, next weeks Episode Title: "Japanize text" translate to: Welcome to Shogun World
bobinator
AG
Complete Idiot said:

This is something the wife and I talked a lot about, this next episode really needs to get us re-invested in Maeve because right now we don't really have any reason to care about that storyline. It doesn't seem to have any sort of ramifications for the larger story like the other plotlines do.

But I have enough faith in the writers of this show that they're playing that out for a reason.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm excited for next week if for no other reason we get to see what is going on in Shogun World.
tk for tu juan
Shogun World will be the "Hurley VW Van" episode. You think it is just a filler episode, but what happens plays a small pivotal role near the end of the season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm enjoying this season more than last. Digging more MIB screentime, which Ed Harris is killing (pardon the pun), and the overall increase in tension.
bobinator
AG
I'm actually the other way, I definitely don't expect this to be a filler episode because Maeve's entire storyline this season has basically been filler to get her to this point. I'm expecting a pretty big payoff.
PooDoo
AG
duck79 said:

#metoo
TV Casualty
AG
duck79 said:

Nudity doesn't seem to fit the story line this year as it did last year. However, it's obvious that the #metoo movement has led to a change in the we have to show boobs on screen because it's an hbo show and people expect it attitude.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Lisa Joy is doing an AMA on Reddit right now. She also directed last nights episode.
bobinator
AG
They also were using nudity to de-humanize the hosts in season one, especially out of the park, to drive home that they're objects not people. So as that line has become blurrier, there's been less nudity also.
TV Casualty
AG
Yep, that's very true and is why we have only seen man junk this time around. They wanted to flip the dehumanizing aspect for a moment and then move on.
amercer
AG
So while I believe there are probably other host/human hybrids, it wasn't confirmed last night (or did I miss something?)

Bernard takes another host controller unit, which is presumably coded with some humans consciousness, but that doesn't mean that they actually got it to work better than with Delos.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
amercer said:

So while I believe there are probably other host/human hybrids, it wasn't confirmed last night (or did I miss something?)

Bernard takes another host controller unit, which is presumably coded with some humans consciousness, but that doesn't mean that they actually got it to work better than with Delos.

True....but we also don't know how long ago that scene was with William (older) and Delos ...

It was iteration 149 but they left him there....so the scene later discovering him there (which also showed iteration 149) could be any amount of time later. Years possibly. they wanted to watch his destruction.

So they could have come a long way in that time.

We don't know.

Buck O Five
AG
Surprised at the lack of interest in Maeve's story line. We have three conscious hosts, one is malfunctioning, and Dolores is going classic Terminator style evil robot (thanks to Ford's suffering fetish).

Maeve is a new kind of life form and is an open sandbox of a new world, not tied down by the plot lines in westworld.
TCTTS
AG
Next week's episode looks flat out amazing and I think interest in her story will be definitely be renewed by the end of that episode.
bobinator
AG
We know it can't be years because (If I'm recalling correctly...) William at one point says that his wife committed suicide last year. So that dates that scene a little bit at least.

I do think it's pretty heavily implied that that scene happens right before the events of season one. Older William regrets the project and has come to the park to fix his mistakes. He also, deep down, knows that the consciousness he once saw is real, and he's going to do everything he can to see it again, even if it kills him. In fact he might hope it kills him.

We also know the flashback that Bernard is having to the scene where he was the person that busted up that lab is at least a little while ago because it happened before he snagged Elsie. Otherwise Elsie would remember that the wall opens into a lab.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.