***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,403 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Liquid Wrench
I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and Westworld would be here tonight.
Mozart Paintings
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and Westworld would be here tonight.

Buuut, once you got over that fact you did come to your senses and realize Saturday >>>> Sunday, right??
TCTTS
AG
New theory I just heard on podcast: While just about everyone seems to believe that "Grace" is Emily, aka William's daughter, some believe she might be working with Logan to regain control of the park. Apparently there was a "man in white" she was meeting with when they first cut her, who gets up from her table before the British dude comes over. Could have been an older Logan. A small contingent believe that she might even be Logan's daughter, but I don't buy that one as much.
Liquid Wrench
How many podcasts are you guys following to interpret a weekly TV show?
TCTTS
AG
I'm just doing the Westworld Recapables podcasts from The Ringer.
Liquid Wrench
I hope you've already turned to HBO to see whatever the **** this is with Jeffrey Wright on an airplane.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Won't be able to watch till Tuesday night, please no spoilers until then.
Brian Earl Spilner
Liquid Wrench
I won't post any here, but I will search out your other social media profiles and direct message you under the guise of Marvel Infinity Wars leaks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The "previously on" certainly took great pains to spell out the theories discussed here (transferring human to host "resurrection").
chick79
AG
This season has really sucked so far in my opinion !
M.C. Swag
AG
Well that answered a lot of questions. So did William have 2 daughters? Or why was she going by Grace?

The actor for Jim Delos is legit.

What was that sphere thing Bernard had at the end?
Complete Idiot
chick79 said:

It's True Detective 2 all over again!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wow....ok.....

Very interesting episode but my biggest takeaway tonight was....

wow what incredible acting. That elder Delos dude was incredible in the various iterations. But especially the third where he was freaking out. and the reveal of the older William was very well played.

Some sadistic **** going on there with keeping him in that isolation and then letting him suffer on the last one....

Geez... how long before the massacre (end of Season 1) do you suppose that was with William there??? Could have been a fairly long time he was older William but not as old as current William so ...years???

And Elsie lives!!!!!!!! That was great. .... she missed a lot. lol.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Complete Idiot said:

chick79 said:

It's True Detective 2 all over again!!!

I don't think so.....

I think if you look back through 4 episodes or so last season there was a lot of WTF... and where is this going and it was interesting but not great yet. Most everything amazing last season happened from probably episode 5 or 6 to the end. I know I was not even fully on board until at least halfway through last season. I

This has built some incredible mind bending stuff and some possibly very interesting new direction....but we we don't know toward what yet .... it will all depend on how it plays out and the reveal.

PatAg
AG
chick79 said:

disagree
Belton Ag
AG
So Bernard takes the conscience of Delos and kills all the lab guys, then presumably implants it into Abernathy... as ordered by Ford?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This season is better than the last so far.
Complete Idiot
Man in Black is a host and Ford is testing him to see if the Grand Experiment has finally worked
Liquid Wrench
Great episode. Nice to see some questions answered.
PatAg
AG
Belton Ag said:

So Bernard takes the conscience of Delos and kills all the lab guys, then presumably implants it into Abernathy... as ordered by Ford?
I'm under the impression that Abernathy has all the data they have collected about the guests in the park.
Quinn
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Man in Black is a host and Ford is testing him to see if the Grand Experiment has finally worked

Nah
LHIOB
AG
That was pretty amazing TV. The first scene in the apartment felt exactly like when we met Desmond on Lost.
bobinator
AG
That was a lot to process... I gotta gather my thoughts and report back tomorrow morning.

I knew from the "previously on" that we were in for some wild stuff.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
LHIOB said:

That was pretty amazing TV. The first scene in the apartment felt exactly like when we met Desmond on Lost.

yes...very much so. good call. i couldn't quite place it. plus i absolutely loved how many "circular" references there were in that scene and in the room - very apropos to what followed. the entire room was circular actually. genius.

Liquid Wrench
Even the record label was reminiscent of Dolores' puzzle.
Absolutely loved this episode. Dont know if this is a stupid question but those red circles that Bernard found and ultimately was creating, are those actual real people's consciousness?
Liquid Wrench
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
don't know what the few detractors on here watched but.... on every other board and review/blog I follow the consensus is this episode was great. I agree.

It wasn't stunning or jaw on the floor shock value, but made a lot of progress, answered a lot of questions, and I think laid the groundwork too for the remaining run of this season. The acting was superb too......and it had no Dolores or Maeve... thats amazing in itself.

Well at least this episode killed the theory that Elsie was controlling Ghost Nation. Don't know what the disappearance of Ghost Nation means.
PatAg
AG
I will say, I don't get reviewers acting like it was some amazing experience. Solid episode though
johncAG
AG
The acting is what makes this episode great. Every Wiliiam/Old man Delos scene and the scene with William breaking good were some of the best directed/acted scenes this year on TV
Liquid Wrench
It was also a different director showing off some stylistic chops.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Awesome episode

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.