*****Spurs 2017 Offseason Thread*****

181,076 Views | 1963 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LawHall88
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

He's a Celtic...
DeangeloVickers
AG
Not so fast my friend /Corso voice

Doesn't sound like trade will go through....Thomas didn't pass physical

Enzo The Baker
AG
They'll find a way to make it work. There's no way Kyrie or IT can go back to their respective teams and continue business as usual. There are talks of Boston adding another one of their many picks to sweeten the pot a little.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Such a strange series of events.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

With what assets? If we are playing make believe, why not just grab LeBron, CP3, and Draymond?

Calm down Peter Pan
DeangeloVickers
AG
It's the off-season I can NBA2k trade our roster if I want to
flashplayer
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

With what assets? If we are playing make believe, why not just grab LeBron, CP3, and Draymond?

Calm down Peter Pan
GTFO with Draymond.
Obi Wan Ginobili
flashplayer said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

Calm down Peter Pan
GTFO with Draymond.

You and Azul would turn down a blow jibber from Kate Upton, wouldn't you?
aggie_fan13
flashplayer
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

flashplayer said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

Calm down Peter Pan
GTFO with Draymond.

Really? I didn't like Rodman back in the day either. Doesn't make me an idiot.
West Texan
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

flashplayer said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

flashplayer said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ryno01 said:

Go get Kyrie!!!

Calm down Peter Pan
GTFO with Draymond.

Really? I didn't like Rodman back in the day either. Doesn't make me an idiot.

I didn't call you an idiot, but the Rodman comparison was idiotic in this context, so now I'm changing my stance.

You're an idiot.

There's a reason the Warriors put up with Draymonds bull***** You think it's because he is their "heart" and "soul"? No. He's a loud mouthed, horse toothed dumb **** who can guard every position in the floor and knock down the three.

I hate Draymond as much as the next guy, but his skill set is Boris Diaw on steroids.
flashplayer
AG
Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder. If you remember otherwise is your own fault for not knowing basketball. He was a bonehead too, but still valuable to his teams because of his great skill.

I don't deny Draymonds unique skill set. He's basically Rodman with a 3 point shot and court vision. My comparison was not that far off. But feel free to carry-on like a raging lunatic.

There are a small handful of players I could just never hope to see succeed. Draymond and Rodman both fall in that category for me.

Steph, KD, Clay, Lebron, and the other 10-15 best NBA players I'd have no problem getting behind. Hell, I could even pull for Harden if I had to. But not Draymond. Something about his character just puts him on the outside for me.
MGS
https://instagr.am/p/BY4iPVhhWnn
Obi Wan Ginobili
Danny Green makes the top 60 in ESPNs NBA Player Ranking.

Making only $10 million per season, he checks in ahead of the following $15 million + players:

Carmelo Anthony
Tristan Thompson
JJ Reddick

But please, tell me again how he isn't worth $10 million per season.
Ag Natural
AG
Melo and Thompson not in the top 60 is pretty rediculous. Especially Melo.
bmart97
AG
Not sure that is a trustworthy list.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Parker's tendon has fully healed and his goal is to make it back by the end of November, way ahead of schedule. Whether Pop lets him come back that early is another thing.
aggieactor01
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Parker's tendon has fully healed and his goal is to make it back by the end of November, way ahead of schedule. Whether Pop lets him come back that early is another thing.

Whoa
West Texan
AG
Link?
Enzo The Baker
AG
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/tony-parker-says-hes-cleared-to-return-to-court-aiming-at-a-november-return
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/tony-parker-says-hes-cleared-to-return-to-court-aiming-at-a-november-return
claym711
AG
What's everyone going to do when the Spurs win the ship and Pop refuses to go to the White House
Guitarsoup
AG

I assume he goes to Cleveland, but Woj says Spurs are in it.
West Texan
AG
I don't think he comes here and I don't think he'd put us over the top if he did.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I don't think many SA fans would want him. I'm not interested in him coming here either.
phatpat21
I guess I'm in the minority here but I would take D-wade in a heartbeat
Guitarsoup
AG
With Manu super old, Parker not 100%, and White and Murray still really young, I would absolutely take a cheap DWade. He has championship experience and can create for himself or others. While he is a poor shooter, he did hit 48% of his corner threes last year.

He has more buddies on Cleveland, but Cleveland has IT3, Shump, Rose, Calderon, JR Smith and Korver at 1/2.
phatpat21
Thank you
Enzo The Baker
AG
At this point I think big name free agents just put the Spurs on their list and visit with them out of respect. Players love and respect Pop, but I'm not sure they want to necessarily play on his team with his 'fall in line' system. Not saying the Spurs system is bad. It's outstanding. But I can see how it wouldn't be as attractive to free agents who have options with other contenders.
Pumpkinhead
AG
My understanding is that at this stage of his career, Wade's defensive effort has become pretty inconsistent. At least, He often didn't bother expending energy on that end in Chicago.

Also, on offense, doesn't the ball usually stick when it gets in Wade's hands? an ISO style player?
Mike Elko
AG
Pass on DWade, but thanks for window shopping.
Ulrich
From an advanced statistics standpoint, he's not all that much different from Simmons at this point. That doesn't capture everything of course, but they have the same TS% and slightly better WS/48. He still puts up counting stats, but he's nowhere near the player he once was.

If he's willing to take a much smaller contract to match a much smaller role, he would be a great pickup. He can still give you a great game every once in a while and has plenty of experience, skill, and intelligence, but his body doesn't hold up to the grind of a starter's workload anymore.
Guitarsoup
AG
The teams he wants to play for can only give him the Vet Min. He got a buyout of about $8mm so with the Vet Min, he still makes ~10mm this year.
ToHntortoFsh
Wade this season to get Lebron next season!
Ulrich
Guitarsoup said:

The teams he wants to play for can only give him the Vet Min. He got a buyout of about $8mm so with the Vet Min, he still makes ~10mm this year.

I never believe players will take those minimum deals until they actually do. It happens, but not as often as hopeful fans like to think. If I'm never hopeful, I'm never disappointed. Thanks Fran.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.