*****Spurs 2017 Offseason Thread*****

181,105 Views | 1963 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LawHall88
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well that was out of nowhere
Ryan34
AG
Guitarsoup said:

And just as I say that... It'll be interesting to see what OKC offered. They may be desperate enough to give Indiana a decent offer.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Wow, that's not much to give up.
West Texan
AG
Well OKC suddenly becomes competitive again. Not enough to push GS, but enough that they're not a 4-1 first round exit as the 6th seed.
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

You serious? Both of these are young with a lot of promise.
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

You serious? Both of these are young with a lot of promise.

They're solid players but neither will be more than good role players. Surely they gave up a pick or two as well?
Mike Elko
AG
That seems like a lot to give up for an almost guaranteed one-year rental. More power to OKC for pulling it off, though.
aggie_fan13
AG
This offseason has been a dud for us so far
West Texan
AG
azulAg said:

This offseason has been a dud for us so far

Free agency hasn't even started yet. Calm your tits.
Ag Natural
AG
Honestly, the Spurs could bring everyone back and I'd still be pretty excited. Murray, Walker and Bertans are on the summer league roster so we should get a chance to see them in a couple weeks.

I don't think they will stand pat. But even a small move could move the needle a bit.
aggie_fan13
AG
I was hoping we landed cp3 or PG
West Texan
AG
azulAg said:

So were the rest of us, but it was gonna take all kinds salary gymnastics to clear up space for CP3 and it was a pipe dream to trade for a rental of Paul George.
Chipotlemonger
AG
azulAg said:

You're as flaky and negative as a Houston fan.
aggie_fan13
AG
Nah
Chipotlemonger
AG
azulAg said:

Nah

You're right I forgot childish!
Deputy Travis Junior
Yea we missed out on Chris Paul and Paul George, but even landing George Hill -- FFS, is every free agent this offseason named Paul or George? -- would be huge. We all love what Parker did for the Spurs, but he was running on fumes even before the injury. Hill on the other hand is a legit starting-caliber PG on offense and a long, skilled defender. He's also got more size than Mills. He'd be a big upgrade at PG.

Just think about that defense. Leonard, Green, and George Hill... That is a lineup built to ****ing wreck small ball offenses. Once again, Pop and Buford are a step ahead of the rest of the league (with the exception of Golden State, but that's mostly due to one of the best streaks of contract luck in NBA history).
Ulrich
Hill, Green, Simmons, Leonard, Bertans, and Murray. I don't know who we're going to have in the post, but that's an embarrassingly good collection of guard/swing talent if it works out. And that assumes that Parker is pretty much done and Mills is gone.

And if we do get Hill... crazy how quick we went from being the biggest team in the league to a perimeter-oriented squad.
Guitarsoup
AG
LMA
Kawhi
Simmons
Green
Hill

That's a fantastic defensive lineup. That's probably the best top to bottom defensive 5 in the league.
GatorAg03
AG
Ag Natural said:

Honestly, the Spurs could bring everyone back and I'd still be pretty excited. Murray, Walker and Bertans are on the summer league roster so we should get a chance to see them in a couple weeks.

I don't think they will stand pat. But even a small move could move the needle a bit.

Who is Walker and why are people blue starring this?
superunknown
AG
GatorAg03 said:

Ag Natural said:

Kenny "Sky" Walker?
Mike Elko
AG
Guitarsoup said:

LMA
Kawhi
Simmons
Green
Hill

That's a fantastic defensive lineup. That's probably the best top to bottom defensive 5 in the league.

Which is great and all, but we still wouldn't stop the GS juggernaut.
West Texan
AG
GatorAg03 said:

Ag Natural said:

No clue who Walker is, but people are starring it because not everyone thinks we're light years behind the warriors like you seem to.
Guitarsoup
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Guitarsoup said:

LMA
Kawhi
Simmons
Green
Hill

Not so sure. We are upgrading, and I think they downgrade this summer due to cap issues.
West Texan
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Guitarsoup said:

LMA
Kawhi
Simmons
Green
Hill

That lineup gave the warriors serious fits during the regular season and in game before Kawhi got hurt. You're not going to out gun a team with Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Draymond On the floor at one time, so find one that can make it hell on the defensive end.
GatorAg03
AG
I get the blind homer support, Pop and RC have earned much of that, but can we all least put the names of real players in future posts?
GatorAg03
AG
I'm glad it sounds like we are trying to keep Simmons. I think he has a legit shot at being our second best player next year.

West Texan
AG
GatorAg03 said:

I get the blind homer support, Pop and RC have earned much of that, but can we all least put the names of real players in future posts?

A little critical thinking, I'm guessing he meant White.
superunknown
AG
GatorAg03
AG
I know it's just a year but if Roberson re-signs with OKC then Westbrook, Adams, George and Roberson is a pretty salty core four on offense and defense.

Won't have much of a bench though.

The west is going to be pretty loaded. OKC, Houston and Minn all got better by a good margin. Still don't think.any are all that close to GSW yet.
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

GatorAg03 said:

A little critical thinking, I'm guessing he meant White.

Yep. Derek White not Walker. He tore it up in the combine and I'm excited to see what he can do. This isn't a 19 year old one a done guy.
West Texan
AG
GatorAg03 said:

I know it's just a year but if Roberson re-signs with OKC then Westbrook, Adams, George and Roberson is a pretty salty core four on offense and defense.

Won't have much of a bench though.

The west is going to be pretty loaded. OKC, Houston and Minn all got better by a good margin. Still don't think.any are all that close to GSW yet.

Roberson and offense shouldn't be in the same paragraph, but yeah that's a solid lineup.
GatorAg03
AG
Well neither should Westbrook and defense fort hat matter. Just think they compliment each other fairly well at both ends collectively.
GatorAg03
AG
Yeah, hope he is a solid backup this year. Need him to contribute fairly early at his age.
Guitarsoup
AG

Welp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.