*****Spurs 2017 Offseason Thread*****

181,173 Views | 1963 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LawHall88
2008and1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So much for dumping Patty
saltydog13
AG
Is he worth that much?
Guitarsoup
AG
no
GatorAg03
AG
Is Walker still available? Might be our big aquisition!
Chipotlemonger
AG
saltydog09 said:

Is he worth that much?

Eh I think so for the next couple years yes. I think he'll help bridge our PG transition.

Plus, teams are paying crazy money now with these new rules.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Welp

I definitely didn't think that was happening. Probably means we're not signing Hill.

I can't be that upset about it, because damn it I love the little Aussie!
2008and1
AG
Lowe thinks so

Guitarsoup
AG
Mills still only counts 6.8mm until we sign him. Doesn't mean we are out of the George Hill sweepstakes.
superunknown
AG
For the people who think Danny Green is overpaid...what say you re: Patty?

Ugh. I feel like I'm gonna be sick.
Chipotlemonger
AG
superunknown said:

Step off the ledge.
Guitarsoup
AG
GatorAg03
AG
I like Patty, he doesn't play defense. The main issues
I have is that it hurts future flexibility next year and beyond. Also teams seem somewhat wary of dealing with Spurs in trades. Sounds like maybe we are going to sign Patty and Simmons with the cap-space.
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

Sounds like maybe we are going to sign Patty and Simmons with the cap-space.
Patty+Iggy+Simmons. Meh.
West Texan
AG
superunknown said:

Tony Snell got 4 years $46 million from Milwaukee. Green is a good value and Mills isn't some awful deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm sure Georgie wants something like this.

GatorAg03
AG
Mills showed he gives you almost nothing versus a team like GSW. He is good in regular season and early playoff rounds, but is almost unplayable against curry and Livingston.
superunknown
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

superunknown said:

Step off the ledge.

Just thought we could do better for $12M than ~9 points, 3 assists. Green i get. 2nd team all D. This one just feels like a loyalty handshake. Would rather swing big during Kawhi's prime.
Mike Elko
AG
Sooo... Getting the band back together, huh. Welp, another conference finals is the ceiling.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Sooo... Getting the band back together, huh. Welp, another conference finals is the ceiling.

Hate to burst your bubble but it likely was the ceiling no matter what we do this offseason.
Guitarsoup
AG
One of the bigs I would have liked to replace Dedmon.

Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm really disappointed in the Patty signing. Feast or famine undersized shooter who gives up a lot defensively. For all of his limitations I don't consider it a value signing.

Now we have Mills, White, Forbes, Murray, Parker, Green, Simmons (hopefully) as our back court. And only one of those players can run an offense and might not play basketball again. That's pretty jammed packed. It doesn't really make a lot of sense.

If Patty is our starting point guard next season I'll be pissed. Hopefully we roll with Murray.
Mike Elko
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but it likely was the ceiling no matter what we do this offseason.

Eh, I guess we'll never know had more creative/significant moves been made. Now we're guaranteed that outcome. Oh well, it was a fun run to five rings.
Ag Natural
AG
Patty is part of the heart and soul of this team. This isn't a terrible deal especially if you can continue to use him off the bench in the energy and instant offense role.

It's pretty obvious the Spurs coaches and management believe a lot more in these guys than the average fan does.
superunknown
AG
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

Patty is part of the heart and soul of this team. This isn't a terrible deal especially if you can continue to use him off the bench in the energy and instant offense role.

It's pretty obvious the Spurs coaches and management believe a lot more in these guys than the average fan does.

A lot of Spurs fans were upset that we kept the band together and didn't make some moves after the 2013 finals loss. Maybe PATFO thinks some of the younger role players are ready to take a step forward and that we can compete with the group we have and not over pay for someone. We're still a 60 win team.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

Deleted?
CoachC16
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Spurs going to meet with Rudy Gay, too. Doesn't seem like a Spurs-type player. Volume scorer, weak defender.
Where did you see this? I agree weak defender, but could be a big boost to our bench
West Texan
AG
The_chum said:

Guitarsoup said:

Spurs going to meet with Rudy Gay, too. Doesn't seem like a Spurs-type player. Volume scorer, weak defender.
Where did you see this? I agree weak defender, but could be a big boost to our bench

No thanks. He's an inefficient volume scorer and a ball stopper. Ball movement and playing unselfish is what has made our bench unit so special for years.
superunknown
AG
Yeah that was quick.

He stands by the meeting but took off the "close to joining" part.

West Texan
AG
superunknown said:

Yeah that was quick.

He stands by the meeting but took off the "close to joining" part.

Not a fan of Rudy Gay at all
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural
AG
I can't believe Utah got Rubio for a protected 1st.

Meanwhile, Minnesota is getting damn serious. They just signed Teague.

And the East just keeps getting suckier. They lose George, Teague and Butler.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I wonder what Gay would mean for Simmons. Does that mean he's gone? Or is he definitely getting MLE?

Also we still don't have any bigs on our bench.
CoachC16
AG
West Texan said:

The_chum said:

Guitarsoup said:

No thanks. He's an inefficient volume scorer and a ball stopper. Ball movement and playing unselfish is what has made our bench unit so special for years.
100 percent agree, however the difference to me is that with Manu (possibly) retiring, were going to need a guy who can break down the defense. It's tough for our guys to get clean looks when everybody on the floor in the second unit is a spot up shooter and cannot command any sort of rotation or double team
superunknown
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.