*****Spurs 2017 Offseason Thread*****

181,150 Views | 1963 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LawHall88
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2008and1 said:

azulAg said:

i just hope we dont get any fiesta colored jerseys, keep it silver, black and white

I do find it interesting how many people say they want us to "bring back" Fiesta colors on the jersey. I'm pretty positive Fiesta colors were never on the actual jerseys.

They never were.

They should have been.

Here's hoping the fiesta colors finally make it on a uniform.
PLUM LOCO
AG
The SPURS are silver and black NOT fiesta "rainbow" colors.

West Texan
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

The SPURS are silver and black NOT fiesta "rainbow" colors.

aggie_fan13
AG
those were only on the warmups and the court though
West Texan
AG
azulAg said:

Still part of the Spurs color scheme.
Chipotlemonger
AG
azulAg said:

Why would the Spurs sport non-Spurs colors in warmups though.

First Spurs colors = Spurs colors too
Matt_ag98
Might have been thinking about those 90s NBA All Star game jerseys in SA, pretty bad and I think there was even a jalapeno somewhere on them
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

SAN ANTONIO Tony Parker expects to be back on the court in four to five months.

The Spurs point guard offered that timeline during a recent interview with Argentina's LPG TV. In previous interviews, he said he hoped to return in January.

"It's OK. It's getting better and better," he said of his recovery from the left quadriceps injury that sidelined him in the second round of the playoffs last season.

"I'm starting to run like a little bit. I'm walking pretty well. I think it's still going to be a long process. It's still going to take like another four or five months, but I am very happy with the progresses. I am advancing in my rehab."
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Parker-talks-return-timeline-11813991.php
Iowaggie
AG
Red Mamba mention

Guitarsoup
AG
Sean Elliott
George Gervin
Dale Ellis
Matt Bonner

Missing any Spurs?
Enzo The Baker
AG

Quote:

Cleveland is determined to get an elite young player for Irving, which means this: The trade plan that the Cavaliers would have prioritized, with James committed for the long term -- veterans to surround James and draft picks -- isn't in motion. If the Cavaliers knew they had James committed, for example, San Antonio could emerge as a more intriguing trade partner. The Spurs have interest in Irving, league sources say, and Irving's willingness to commit to an extension with the Spurs makes for legitimate win-now deal possibilities for Cleveland. Without James beyond next season, though, the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parkerand Danny Green hold no appeal.

From Woj.
superunknown
AG
Iowaggie said:

Red Mamba mention

Wasnt Carlos Boozer from Alaska? Seems like he'd have more than Chalmers. And i thought MJ was from NC.
Mike Elko
AG
Jordan was born in Brooklyn.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think they went by birthplace. B/C Shaq played HS ball in Texas.
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I think they went by birthplace. B/C Shaq played HS ball in Texas.

This would have been...roughly 86-88 or so...for some reason, whatever district Cole was in was having their track meet at our school. Our athletics/PE classes couldn't do our normal thing so our coaches just had us sit in the visitors bleachers and stay out of the way.

So we're doing our thing, being junior high idiots, someone at the end of the bleachers closer to the fieldhouse started waving over to us and screaming "hey everyone get down here, check this out!" Peer pressure being what it is, we hurried down to that side and got to watch Shaq-Fu absolutely tear up this hoop that was between the bleachers and fieldhouse. Quite a scene when you're from a small town and have never seen anything dominated that hard in your life.
saltydog13
AG
Kyrie to Spurs rumors heating up?
Obi Wan Ginobili
saltydog09 said:

Kyrie to Spurs rumors heating up?
Don't get your hopes up.
saltydog13
AG
Definitely not.
ToHntortoFsh
Any news on what David Lee is doing?
NickNaylor
ToHntortoFsh said:

Any news on what David Lee is doing?
Her

https://instagr.am/p/BVNQeVcBxUY

https://instagr.am/p/BV2KTISBYFE

https://instagr.am/p/BRb0HswB_jX
LawHall88
AG

superunknown
AG
Wojbomb!
superunknown
AG
And its done

Guitarsoup
AG
That's gotta be the first time the conference finals winner traded their second best player for the best player on the conference finals loser.

Didn't think Boston was going to give up Brooklyn's 1st.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Great deal for Boston. I'm really surprised Cleveland traded to the same conference and their biggest obstacle to get to the finals at that.
dave99ag
AG
Is that first rounder protected? That would be a good way to bring in more youthful talent.
Guitarsoup
AG
The Brooklyn pick is unprotected, but Boston could have added protections to the pick in this trade.
Mike Elko
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Great deal for Boston. I'm really surprised Cleveland traded to the same conference and their biggest obstacle to get to the finals at that.

Even better deal for Cleveland.
LawHall88
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Assuming Thomas comes back 100% from his injury. Even then, can you win a championship with a 5'9", shoot-first point guard?
Guitarsoup
AG
Plus, IT3 wants the max. Do you want to give the max to a 29-yo 5'9 shoot first PG that can't defend?
Enzo The Baker
AG
LawHall88 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Assuming Thomas comes back 100% from his injury. Even then, can you win a championship with a 5'9", shoot-first point guard?

Exactly. Boston was always going to be a tier below Cleveland with the team they had. Thomas was always going to limit their ceiling because of his size. They move up a tier with this trade and now have a championship proven 25 year old, top 3 point guard.

Who knows what's going to happen with Thomas with his injury and with one year left on his contract.

The pick hurts a little but I don't think it's that big of a loss. They just drafted a player this year who they think will be the best in the class. Plus Brown is still developing. This clearly puts them in the win-now mode, while still having a bright future.
Ag Natural
AG
I think this is not a great deal for Cleveland but probably the best they could do. They just did Boston a huge favor taking IT. I'm positive they were really going to struggle with his contract next year. But to make a rival stronger? Man I just didn't think they'd do it.
Mike Elko
AG
LawHall88 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Nobody's beating GS, especially from the Eastern Conference. Aside from the height difference, Irving and Thomas are basically the same player. Last season's stats reflect as much. Plus, Cleveland's getting an above average forward, a rotational center, and a lottery pick for a guy who demanded a trade. No doubt, Irving's a great PG, but Thomas is also an All-Star PG. And Rose is now in the same backcourt. Considering the upheaval in Cleveland's front office this summer, great job by them with this trade and other transactions. Again, everyone's still looking up at GS anyway.
West Texan
AG
Signed London Perrantes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.poundingtherock.com/platform/amp/2017/8/23/16194096/spurs-sign-guard-london-perrantes
DeangeloVickers
AG
Go get Kyrie!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.