* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

180,106 Views | 2611 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TRM
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone still run against him in March or is it too late for anyone to run?
Dre_00
Too late I believe
aggiebird02
Dang, I can't believe I was born white! I have to be ashamed on myself and my ancestors instead of getting to be like every other race who gets to be proud of their race and what they were born as… I just can't even imagine getting to be proud of my skin color, that's something only reserved for non whites…
gambochaman
AG
What a dbag holy cow
MookieBlaylock
AG
We shall see if the games can save the Cup but I have a feeling nothing can
LeonardSkinner
I have nobody else to tell this to, so I'm putting it out here so I can get the sympathy and platitudes that I deserve...

My wife's family is coming through town this week. The only time they can do lunch is Friday at 2:30 ET. I silently ripped my beating heart from my chest and said that I would go with her to see everyone.

My wife's sister is married to a guy from England, and they are all skipping the family thing and going to a party to watch the match.

I'm doing the right thing, right?
texagbeliever
Stage a fake fight with England guy. "Reluctantly" agree to try to patch things up with him on Friday by spending time with him at lunch. Should cost you only 4-5 pints of beer.
tysker
AG
No. Skip. Just like weddings during football season.
OregonAggie
AG
Benzema may be out for the World Cup…a training injury of all things. Wow.
Rule Number 32
AG
Anyone have a good follow on Twitter or TikTok for all the craziness going on, or is it all being censored? I tried to look a little bit wasn't able to find much about the rooms
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah nobody wants to see you anyways go hang with the BIL

PatAg
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Dang, I can't believe I was born white! I have to be ashamed on myself and my ancestors instead of getting to be like every other race who gets to be proud of their race and what they were born as… I just can't even imagine getting to be proud of my skin color, that's something only reserved for non whites…
That's your takeaway from all this?
Bryan98
AG
jeffk said:

Cool read. Still baffles me how Nike keeps striking out on the US designs.

You know, the strange thing is that, as much as I loathe them and most of their designs, they've also designed every good kit we've had in the last umpteen years, too. The Waldos, Centennials, Bomb Pops, Gold Cups, both jerseys from the last Women's World Cup, etc. Heck, even the Dazzlers are pretty ok.

But there's more bad than good, no consistency, no identity. PLEASE go to the Waldos as our identity and use second and third kits for variety and to make that cash.
jeffk
AG
Truth. I just want a consistent, iconic look (Waldos!) that we can tweak every cycle.
byfLuger41
AG
Are they trying to out ghey themselves?!

gambochaman
AG
Holy hell
MookieBlaylock
AG
We just ignoring the slave labour and bribery that got us here?
Who?mikejones!
MookieBlaylock said:

Yes and the west used it for the last 3000 years or something and so we should ignore the Qatar slavery....
deadbq03
AG
OregonAggie said:

Benzema may be out for the World Cup…a training injury of all things. Wow.
Wow that's their 2nd striker injured in training, if true (they lost Nkunku last week).

Edit to add… I haven't been on the twitters. If this man says it's true, then it's probably true:

fig96
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Let he who hasn't taken a couple multimillion dollar bribes or used a bit of slave labor in the last few years cast the first stone…
MookieBlaylock
AG
He was way to French to play for them anyway

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Watching on dvr is not that big of a deal. I guess if you are one of the twitter live guys, or watch the game thread here it will be less for you, but really not that big of a deal. Hell, I might not get to watch it til Sunday night. I won't be able to avoid seeing the outcome that long. Deer hunting and unsure of the tv situation.
PatAg
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

I have nobody else to tell this to, so I'm putting it out here so I can get the sympathy and platitudes that I deserve...

My wife's family is coming through town this week. The only time they can do lunch is Friday at 2:30 ET. I silently ripped my beating heart from my chest and said that I would go with her to see everyone.

My wife's sister is married to a guy from England, and they are all skipping the family thing and going to a party to watch the match.

World cup is every 4 years and something you are passionate about?
Pretty sure they could move the lunch to another time if they wanted too
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
LeonardSkinner said:

Sounds like wife's brother-in-law has balls and you don't.
i is smart
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Lunch at the house? That dude should totally understand and probably support you if he honors the bro code. It's not like you're asking them to carve out a 4 hour window for a football game.

Have you told your wife how important the World Cup is to you?
akm91
AG
Is the game at noon EST on Friday? You can still watch some of the match
aggiebird02
I don't see why anyone should apologize for western civilization. But everyone knows when people talk about western civilization like this it's almost always a thinly veiled way of saying white people. That's not okay.
LeonardSkinner
PatAg said:

LeonardSkinner said:

World cup is every 4 years and something you are passionate about?
Pretty sure they could move the lunch to another time if they wanted too

They're all flying into Florida from Misery for another family member's wedding in the Keys (which we are not attending). Their timing is indeed the worst.

I'm just trying not to whine about the SIL/BIL (and nephews) who get to do whatever they want, whenever they want. And never ask us if we'd like to join them.
deadbq03
AG
1) 2:30 isn't lunch.
2) "Coming through town" - this sounds like it might happen with some frequency. If you've seen them in the past year, this isn't an important trip. Hard pass, no regrets.
3) The BIL has set precedent. Go watch the game with him. You guys do a separate family thing while everyone else does the main family thing.
4) Or pivot… go in with the BIL and pick a restaurant that has TVs and offer to split the tab with him. You and him can sit at one end of the table and watch while everyone else has this contrived late-ass "lunch".
La Bamba
AG
Hasn't Benzema had beef with the French national team for a while? Then he got re-instated but I wonder if something else happened and "injury" is the front...

Either way, the French team, for as talented as they are, seem to be the drama squad as well.
fig96
AG
WTF are you taking about?
fig96
AG
Also, my BIL and I have literally planned Friday activities around the match.
KCup17
AG
La Bamba said:

Hasn't Benzema had beef with the French national team for a while? Then he got re-instated but I wonder if something else happened and "injury" is the front...

Either way, the French team, for as talented as they are, seem to be the drama squad as well.

He didn't just have "beef". He blackmailed another teammate over a sex tape.
La Bamba
AG
KCup17 said:

La Bamba said:

He didn't just have "beef". He blackmailed another teammate over a sex tape.
Wait...what? I thought he had issues with the coach or something about racism.... it was over a sex tape? Should I google this? How NSFW should I expect the results to be?
KCup17
AG
La Bamba said:

Not quite sure how that double posted. But just google Benzema blackmail and you will get all the proper information.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.