* Official World Cup 2022 Thread *

164,046 Views | 2610 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forum Troll said:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/soccer/2022/9/15/23354678/world-cup-kits-2022-uniforms-best-and-worst

Love the horrible Puma box things on the away kits.

And Portugal is so bad.
I laughed: "Whoever designed the box on all these Puma kits will not see heaven."

Also - it's really disappointing to see that Nike did make some good ones (Qatar, France, Poland) and yet we got left out.

Edit: I actually like Saudi and Aussie too and think the Dutch is wearable. Blows my mind how generic our home is and straight up fugly the away is.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
deadbq03 said:

Forum Troll said:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/soccer/2022/9/15/23354678/world-cup-kits-2022-uniforms-best-and-worst

And Portugal is so bad.
I laughed: "Whoever designed the box on all these Puma kits will not see heaven."

Also - it's really disappointing to see that Nike did make some good ones (Qatar, France, Poland) and yet we got left out.

This is what gives me pause as to whether to blame Nike or the US Soccer Federation. I'm thinking someone inside the federation likes bland white home unis.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I envision a creative designer sitting at home since March 2020 with a mask on and not getting enough oxygen to their brain
deadbq03
AG
Yeah, I think you're probably right. There's no way this was done in a vacuum, and quite honestly we have a long history of crappy kits. Good ones are the exceptions.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I envision a creative designer sitting at home since March 2020 with a mask on and not getting enough oxygen to their brain

You're welcome to do so if you want, but Nike did create some good looks for other squads, so how does that fit into your culture war narrative? Did they have other creators that dutifully came into the office because Covid was a hoax/just the flu? Did the ISMNT get the only Corona Bro creator!?!

That being said, I'm surprised a good American like you even likes soccer, a sport invented by soy boy Euros, who like to run around in shiny shorts.

There, did we cover all the talking points?
Furlock Bones
AG
Wow. Calm down there hoss
texagbeliever
Someone made a joke on the internet! Quick blow it way out of proportion.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Wow. Calm down there hoss

Sorry. I've been acting so weird ever since I got vaccinated! It's getting worse every day. Like I'm turning into a Zombie!
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Im sorry everyone. I don't want to tear our beautiful USMNT community apart. It's just that the El Tri road uni is so beautiful. I wanted that for us too. I'm emotionally on edge.
deadbq03
AG
I genuinely appreciate you. Lord knows I've shown my ass plenty on this board and I'm sure it won't be long till I take the baton from you again.
jeffk
AG
H.E. Pennypacker said:

Im sorry everyone. I don't want to tear our beautiful USMNT community apart. It's just that the El Tri road uni is so beautiful. I wanted that for us too. I'm emotionally on edge.

My buddy sent me pics of his new El Tri jersey the other day and it sent me to a bad, jealous place too.
tysker
AG
world cup kits, serious business
Rudyjax
AG
schmendeler
AG
So i ordered the 2020 white 'blank' jersey from Dick's. I got it in the mail and it was a #13 Alex Morgan jersey. I was going to return it but right after i got one of those satisfaction surveys, so i took the time to fill it out and gave them all bad scores. A couple days later, i get an email from their customer service department apologizing for the error and telling me that they are refunding my money and i can just keep it.

In the meantime I'd ordered another one (for significantly cheaper, btw) from fanatics. It just came today.

So now i have two 2020 white jerseys. Though the Alex Morgan one will probably get less wear.
akm91
AG
Isn't Cardoso more of a #6? Or am I misremembering?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Forum Troll said:

And Portugal is so bad.
From your link:

KCup17
AG
Yeah he either plays as a #6 or holding midfielder.
Bryan98
AG
They sent you an Alex Morgan jersey with no stars above the crest? Those exist?

Before anyone says otherwise, the stars are usually present on both authentics and replicas with our Nike national uniforms, even though that's not true with Adidas MLS jerseys. I have three different replica jerseys with stars - although I don't have this particular kit; it's great as far as a white kit goes but I hate white kits because of potential stains.

Anyway, screw Nike, horrible kits this year, and it kills me that US Soccer doesn't say anything.
akm91
AG
KCup17 said:

Yeah he either plays as a #6 or holding midfielder.
Interesting. Guess Aaronson or Reyna may get a few minutes in the midfield.
Pahdz
what size is the Morgan jersey?
schmendeler
AG
XL
schmendeler
AG
Who knows what this thing is since they are out of stock. Maybe a personalized one that never got sent?
Rudyjax
AG
Does it say Morgan?
schmendeler
AG
It does.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
Dre_00
Pefok scored. Again.
akm91
AG
CCV looks to be out for the camp due to injury. Do you bring in EPB and or McKenzie?
jeffk
AG
Guy with two last names goes out, you have to replace him with another two last name guy.
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

Guy with two last names goes out, you have to replace him with another two last name guy.
This logic is irrefutable.
akm91
AG
Well Richards is out as well. It's both EPB and McKenzie in camp. Looks like it's going to be a Zimmerman/Long partnership at the WC. Not sure how I feel about that
PatAg
AG
akm91 said:

Well Richards is out as well. It's both EPB and McKenzie in camp. Looks like it's going to be a Zimmerman/Long partnership at the WC. Not sure how I feel about that
Im not sure how you make the leap you do in this post
DeangeloVickers
AG
akm91
AG
PatAg said:

akm91 said:

Im not sure how you make the leap you do in this post
Berhalter is not going to roll out Zimmerman/Richards or Zimmerman/CCV partnership at the WC because they don't have experience together as a tandem. Same could be said of Zimmerman/EPB and Zimmerman/McKenzie. There's only a week of time between when players are released from their clubs to the start of WC, there isn't time to really develop those partnerships.

Zimmerman/Long partnered for both friendlies in June. Long/CCV partnered together for the other two matches in June (CONCACAAF Champions League).
deadbq03
AG
That's a reasonable take, but I'd offer that having 5 subs will make it much easier to rotate and/or gamble.

If Richards comes in and kills it in training, it wouldn't take too big of a leap of faith for ggg to give him a shot knowing that he has the flexibility to pivot at halftime if it's not working.

Or vice-versa… easy to imagine scenarios where ggg can sub on someone who's lacking recent experience in the second half either out of necessity or out of luxury (if up by a couple goals).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.